• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Yawnier

Banned
I don't really expect anything with Grabner or Arcobello. I would consider Boyes as a potential trade asset.

That's like up to 15 picks. That's a lot. If they don't trade any picks for young players, I think the Leafs are probably going to go heavy with the european drafting to avoid having to sign ELCs after 2 years. They did hire Ari Vuori as their director of european scouting last summer after all.

It wouldn't even shock me if the leafs also trade down from their early 2nd or the Pittsburgh 1st or 2nd rounder like they did last year, to try and get even more mid to late picks, and those picks could be for 2017 too.

Get so many darts and hopefully you will hit a couple of bullseyes.... hopefully.

(They talked about this on the latest tsn hockey analytics podcast, lol)

zroid

Banned
I don't really expect anything with Grabner or Arcobello. I would consider Boyes as a potential trade asset.

That's like up to 15 picks. That's a lot. If they don't trade any picks for young players, I think the Leafs are probably going to go heavy with the european drafting to avoid having to sign ELCs after 2 years. They did hire Ari Vuori as their director of european scouting last summer after all.
Arcobello and Boyes are both better than Matthias, so it's possible some of the smarter front offices will be in the mix. I kinda doubt Leafs get much for them either way though, since there aren't likely to be many bidders.

Grabner I could see if they retain salary, if nothing else he's still a good penalty killer

Quick

Banned
NHL March 2016 |OT| Damn Lou, back at it again with the draft picks

This meme will probably be dead by the time the OT goes up - who knows.

Edit: The last Stadium Series game I watched was the Ducks/Kings one.

Marvie_3

Banned
Might need to install or update Flash. I have the same issue with my work computer because I don't actually have it installed.

Isles aren't bleeding out money like they were at Nassau Coliseum, but they aren't really seeing massive gains by being in Brooklyn right now. Add to the issues with the building's hockey configurations and the longer trip for fans (though, I only read about this, Marvie, Metatron, and Teethmummy can probably elaborate), and it just hasn't been a great start.

I think they're something like 28th in the league on attendance.
They didnt draw for shit out in Nassau either. The attendance looks bad there and itd be better if 1/4 of Barclays wasnt worthless. The only way I see them leaving Barclays is if they get a new arena back out on long island. Considering how hard they had to work and still didnt get one in the past, I doubt it happens. I also dont think another arena is getting built in NYC. So its probably either Barclays or leave new york.

Ffs Marvie, you live in Minny right? Are you at the game?
Not anymore. NYC now. Id be at the game if I still lived in Minnesota though.

Marvie_3

Banned
The camera angles makes you feel like you have been in a roller coaster. I feel like pukeing
Garth-from-Waynes-World.png

Quick

Banned
It's about 2C/35F degrees in Minneapolis right now. Ice looks alright so far. There's the two dark streaks in the middle though, but I'm wondering if those are just reflections on the ice or thinner ice.

Top Bottom