• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

yyzjohn

Banned
It's the anti-Leafs approach: devalue your players as much as possible on the way out

"Based on Todd Mclellan's comments here's our offer for Schultz -- nothing. And we'd appreciate it if you threw in a 2nd round pick as well to ease the burden of us taking on Schultz"

Cake Boss

Banned
Pierre McGuire this morning

"I would offer a 1st rounder for Kris Russell, I begged a GM 2 years ago to trade their first for him, they didn't, but Calgary went to the playoffs"

This guy was almost a GM for Tampa and Montreal lol.

Scott Niedermayer could have cheered up Schultz but Justin ain't answering the fucking phone.

Offer nothing for Schultz! Not like they drafted him or anything.

Lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i honestly think they mishandled the fuck out of him

oilers got too excited with the "better than gardiner" hype and drove his career into the ground thinking they were getting a #1 defenseman right from the get go

i kind of want to see schultz with gardiner to see if he can help him reign in his game
The perils of an impatient and shitty fanbase and management.

A lot of these picks and players they got always had good potential but Crapmondump doesn't seem to realize that you have to grow and develop players to reach their potential; not simply throw their carcasses to the wolves and hope they survive.

Suddenly, it's Lowe's fault and MacT's fault and the scouts' fault and Katz's fault and their past 6 coaches' (and who knows possibly 7) fault.

I grew up there and there were always some bad teams but they were never an utter disaster like they are now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
KHL News - English ‏@KHLNewsEN 2h 2 hours ago
Sport-Express reporting that Ilya Kovalchuk will not play Games 3 or 4 vs Lokomotiv and has been stripped of SKA's captaincy.

KHL News - English ‏@KHLNewsEN 2h 2 hours ago
Sport-Express reporting that Ilya Kovalchuk will not play Games 3 or 4 vs Lokomotiv and has been stripped of SKA's captaincy.

Damn wonder what he did.

He had 49 points in 50 games in the regular season. Second on the team in points. So it definitely isn't production related. Seems really strange.

zroid

Banned
Preview of the Team North America World Cup jerseys

LzPrON2.png

idk bout you guys but I'm cheering for them rather than Canada in this tourney

yyzjohn

Banned
Funny, hot on the heels of Bautista saying 'false" to rumors of 5 years $150M there are reports he might have actually asked for more in both term and money. Lol

Quick

Banned
Funny, hot on the heels of Bautista saying 'false" to rumors of 5 years $150M there are reports he might have actually asked for more in both term and money. Lol

Negotiations!

He's expecting the Jays to lowball, so he probably set a high bar for his contract before Atkins can get a chance to say anything.

Montresor

Damn the Oilers are pretty bad. They are tied with the Leafs at dead last in the league with 50 points.

The Leafs have just started their rebuild and have pretty much stripped their team down to almost nothing (Kessel gone, Phaneuf gone, among others, and Bozak, JVR, and Lupul are all injured). Meanwhile Edmonton can't do anything even with Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, McDavid, Nurse.

What the hell. How bad has the supporting cast been that with those 6 players you can't do anything as an organization? Even without Nurse and McDavid, in previous years I'd still expect a half-decent supporting cast to complement just Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Eberle and Yakupov.

Damn the Oilers are pretty bad. They are tied with the Leafs at dead last in the league with 50 points.

The Leafs have just started their rebuild and have pretty much stripped their team down to almost nothing (Kessel gone, Phaneuf gone, among others, and Bozak, JVR, and Lupul are all injured). Meanwhile Edmonton can't do anything even with Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, McDavid, Nurse.

What the hell. How bad has the supporting cast been that with those 6 players you can't do anything as an organization? Even without Nurse and McDavid, in previous years I'd still a half-decent supporting cast to complement just Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Eberle and Yakupov.

Hall and RNH have been injured for large stretches of time, Eberle gets many small injuries every year, and Yakupov has been the biggest #1OA bust in like 10 years.

Can't really get anything going getting legitimate free agents without overpaying for declining or underperforming players - Ference, Pouliot - and have had terrible management and coaching until this year.

Terrible organization. Just horrid.

yyzjohn

Banned

What the hell. How bad has the supporting cast been that with those 6 players you can't do anything as an organization? Even without Nurse and McDavid, in previous years I'd still expect a half-decent supporting cast to complement just Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, Eberle and Yakupov.

Oilers are the perfect example of what not to do in rebuilding your team. Constant tanking doesn't always work, you still need the right mix of players / free agent signings. Hopefully the Leafs have learned from the disaster that is the Oilers.

yyzjohn

Banned
The Oilers are the only team I know of that fired their head coach, and re-hired him as GM.

Forgot about that, they should have cleared out the old ex-Oilers management club years ago. Kevin Lowe, Craig McTavish and the rest really didn't do that team any favors.

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah the Oilers are honestly the only team I'm truly concerned about in this great tank war.

Teams like the sabres, BJs, canucks, habs, flames, coyotes, have all been picking up points here and there and will continue to do so. The BJs in particular have been red hot in their last 10 games.

The leafs need that last place finish since we all know they aren't to win any of the 3 lottery picks, and then the lowest they can draft is 4th overall which is pretty good. I'm sure they will happily take another Mitch Marner caliber player at 4th :p

Curufinwe

Hall and RNH have been injured for large stretches of time, Eberle gets many small injuries every year, and Yakupov has been the biggest #1OA bust in like 10 years.

Can't really get anything going getting legitimate free agents without overpaying for declining or underperforming players - Ference, Pouliot - and have had terrible management and coaching until this year.

Terrible organization. Just horrid.

Klefblom has missed months with injury, as well.

Top Bottom