• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's a great vid. Broke down the video and made his argument with facts and evidence.
That's what makes him and Ferarro so great, they're able to break down plays so quickly and objectively identify what worked / what didn't. Great example of ex players using their playing time to provide analysis with substance.

zroid

Banned
QW5ZYM8.png

Higgins..? I thought we'd been down this road

Red_Man

Higgins, Prust and Weber, 3 guys who've spent time in the AHL this year and gone through waivers lmao

Thanks for the heads up Benning

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Looks more like a waiver list

Vey, Higgins, Prust, and Weber have literally all been on waivers this year. Cracknell (who's actually a decent NHL fourth liner) and Bartkowski are the only players on the list who haven't spent time in the AHL.

aidan

Woah, even Cracknell is available? I guess this organization really is serious about rebuilding.

Presumably the real trade chips, like Hamhuis, Vrbata, Hansen, Burrows, etc, aren't on the list because they have NTCs.

Red_Man

Hopefully Bergevin let's everyone know that Desharnais, Fleischmann and Flynn are available too.

Cake Boss

Banned
Van fans: why aren't they trading the good players?

SNES fans: why aren't they trading the shitty players instead of resigning them?

aidan

Kenins is the Latvian treasure in that list. Bless Ronalds. The rest is actually trash.

Trading Kenins genuinely doesn't make sense. He had a great back half of last season, had horrible injury luck to start this season in the AHL, but has been really good as of late. His value is as low as ever, and he's projecting to be a decent 3rd line checker who can score now and then. He seems like the perfect guy to replace Prust next season.

I can see trading him as part of a package to upgrade at another position, but you're never going to get anything of value for him in a 1-for-1 trade, and a draft pick is unlike to show as much upside.

Trading Kenins genuinely doesn't make sense. He had a great back half of last season, had horrible injury luck to start this season in the AHL, but has been really good as of late. His value is as low as ever, and he's projecting to be a decent 3rd line checker who can score now and then. He seems like the perfect guy to replace Prust next season.

I can see trading him as part of a package to upgrade at another position, but you're never going to get anything of value for him in a 1-for-1 trade, and a draft pick is unlike to show as much upside.

Line-up looks pretty set:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Sutter-Burrows
McCann-Granlund-Dorsett
Gaunce

He could be fighting for a 13th-forward spot but I think the Canucks will sign someone in the offseason.

Yawnier

Banned
Parenteau has been told he will be traded by the leafs before the deadline (per lavoie)

Least shocking news ever, but it's something.

aidan

Line-up looks pretty set:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Sutter-Burrows
McCann-Granlund-Dorsett
Gaunce

He could be fighting for a 13th-forward spot but I think the Canucks will sign someone in the offseason.

After missing so much time this year, I'm thinking Kenins (along with McCann and Virtanen, to be honest) would benefit from another year in Utica. He's still quite young.

zroid

Banned
Parenteau has been told he will be traded by the leafs before the deadline (per lavoie)

Least shocking news ever, but it's something.

If he's being told that then it probably means they have multiple offers and are trying to run up the price

blessssed

you know what'd be a good trade? PAP to Pittsburgh in exchange for nixing the lottery protection on their 1st and also letting us keep their 2nd

If he's being told that then it probably means they have multiple offers and are trying to run up the price

blessssed

you know what'd be a good trade? PAP to Pittsburgh in exchange for nixing the lottery protection on their 1st and also letting us keep their 2nd

It's nice to dream.

Top Bottom