• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

yyzjohn

Banned
My project is so fucked. So fucked that US Congress is actually involved. No joke. I don't even know how to compute this

2523258-8913605754-Done..gif

Link?

I searched and searched but I can't seem to find it. :/

Socreges

Banned
God damn, Soc. What does this mean for you, job-wise?
This will make for an incredible story in job interviews!

But really, my company knows who's to blame (not me), so I'm not worried about job security yet. Problem is that the pressure is going to multiply. The next trip to "the customer" is in March and I expect bosses of bosses of bosses to be present. Time to take up Buddhism or something.

Also good luck SCHUEY

Socreges

Banned
Awesome. Perfectly describes Cake Boss and Phaneuf:

Stage 5: Immediately talking yourself into the biggest name your team just acquired
Instinct kicks in, and as a fan, your instinct is to believe. So yes, this is exactly the sort of player your team has needed. You only get so many opportunities to improve in this league, and you have to grab them when they come along. Besides, the change of scenery will probably give the new player a boost. Not like he needed one.

This is a great trade. You like this guy. You've always liked this guy.

Stage 6: Casually deleting years of tweets, blog comments and forum posts where you made fun of the new guy
No, really, when you said he was "an overpaid boat anchor who'll inevitably drag down any team dumb enough to employ him," you meant that in the good way.
Most fans go through the stages in the other direction, though. Hate the trade to start and then convince themselves that it makes sense.

imBask

Banned
I just checked my budget for the first time in a while

According to these numbers, I could feed this thread with my monthly grocery budget. And somehow i'm still pretty skinny

Cake Boss

Banned
Awesome. Perfectly describes Cake Boss and Phaneuf:

Most fans go through the stages in the other direction, though. Hate the trade to start and then convince themselves that it makes sense.

Or or or or it could be that he played decent since his acquisition. I am not scared to put my players under the bus after when they shit the bed. But Phagoof has surprisingly been good....
for now

TUSR

Banned
This will make for an incredible story in job interviews!

But really, my company knows who's to blame (not me), so I'm not worried about job security yet. Problem is that the pressure is going to multiply. The next trip to "the customer" is in March and I expect bosses of bosses of bosses to be present. Time to take up Buddhism or something.

Also good luck SCHUEY
is this the Japanese thing?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I know lamaroo was joking, but you really shouldn't have to wait weeks to find out if you get a job or not. If an employer wants you they'll make you an offer ASAP.

Good luck.

True. The HR lady said the same thing before my interview. We will see. For the position i will require some training so maybe they are waiting to see if they find someone they don't need to train?

Maybe they will call sooner.

Quick

Banned
True. The HR lady said the same thing before my interview. We will see. For the position i will require some training so maybe they are waiting to see if they find someone they don't need to train?

Maybe they will call sooner.

It's probably a catch-all thing they say to every single person who interviewed.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The reason a fight broke out at the Van/FLA game
Shawn Thornton said "if you guys (Sedins) are sisters it must mean ur wives have cocks"
Great glue guy, good re-signing by Florida

@TheFourthPeriod
So officially: 14 scouts/mgmt repping 11 teams on list for Canes Vs Leafs: NJ, BOS, WPG, NYR (2), CHI (2), NAS, OTT, MTL, VAN, PIT (2), BUF

Who is Montreal looking at?

I swear to god it better not be Staal.

Socreges

Banned
I don't know that that's line-brawl worthy.
Well, I can see how it would precipitate what would eventually lead to a line brawl....ie, a scrap outside of play.

"Sedin sisters" has always seemed like such a ridiculous insult usually said by mouth breathers. The fact that it's often said in connection with homophobic insults, as if they're effeminate or gay, makes perfect sense.

I feel like I never see it used on GAF - just with dur hur Flames or Leafs or whatever fans IRL.

Top Bottom