• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I know what you mean. In my heart, my love for music minus the bullshit stems from the punk I grew up listening to. I'm not sure where my tolerance for that kind of stuff begins and ends. There's probably really long ambient sections of Animal Collective songs that my friends would say is boring/not engaging, but for some reason it strikes a chord with me. Maybe it boils down to being into what that band is doing as a whole - like, I'm going to interested in whatever noodling/noise Parquet Courts make, because I feel like they "get it", so whatever they do I assume is cool haha. That might not be the best way to put it though

That's a bummer. How far a drive is it to Toronto from you? I hear you on going solo to stuff. Part of me enjoys going to stuff alone, because I can wig out without having to worry about anyone else (if they're having a good time, or whatever). But going with other people makes it a lot easier to get out of the house

I feel you, for me, Ought can do no wrong right now. It feels like whatever they release, I end up loving.

Toronto is about 1h30m-2h away depending on the traffic. It's not horrible, but there's no cheap option to get there either beside driving.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys, idea: what if the new Snes owners throw all their newfound money at Stamcock?

I'd be totally okay with that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Future footage of the Leafs and Stamkos come July 1st

KbQaU8Y.gif

No one will outpay the Leafs if he makes it the free agency

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm torn on the Wideman suspension.

Dude looked rattled after his hit, and his actions may have been a direct cause from distress. While the Flames should've probably done some concussion testing ASAP, not doing so doesn't mean he's still 100% okay.

On that note, officials are absolutely off-limits. The hit looked intentional and it was hard, to the point that it looks like he really wanted to hurt the linesman.

I think it's fair. Guy was shook up, but you can't allow any excuse for what he did. Even if he didn't know it was an official, he thought he was checking someone to the ground.

Canadiens MontréalVerified account
‏@CanadiensMTL
Lineup changes for the Canadiens tonight: Andrighetto replacing Lessio (injured), Emelin replacing Barberio, Condon in net. #GoHabsGo

What could Possibly Go Wrong?

Red_Man

Scratching Barberio for Emelin and playing Condon on a back to back

The tank wars have truly begun, we're coming for you Leafs.

Pikma

Banned
You were talking about Price having a season ending injury and the Habs going on a SH% drought and PDO level so low it's never been seen before in NHL history? You have the lottery numbers too?

Their run at the beginning of the season was obviously not sustainable, but this nose dive they've taken is historic for multiple reasons. It's a combination of poor roster management, coaching, underperforming players and bad luck that has never been seen before. Worst case scenario right would be for Bergevin to over react and blow up this core.
Nah, you were full into that "best Habs team since 1993, THIS IS THE YEAR, IT'S HAPPENING" thing and I told you to lower your expectations because the season is 82 games long and a lot of shit could happen during that timeframe (yes, including injuries), a team's record 10 games in means shit.

And I didn't tell you that because I want your team to do bad nor because I think your team is not good enough but because that shit is just not healthy, the higher the expectations the biggest the disappointment is, and it fucking sucks.

imBask

Banned
Condon in net?! Therrien ALWAYS use the backup when we play 2 in 2

maybe he learned? divine revelation? is DD still on the first line?

I feel you, for me, Ought can do no wrong right now. It feels like whatever they release, I end up loving.

Toronto is about 1h30m-2h away depending on the traffic. It's not horrible, but there's no cheap option to get there either beside driving.

I'm gonna check out Ought, I'll start with the album that song you mentioned is on

Red_Man

Nah, you were full into that "best Habs team since 1993, THIS IS THE YEAR, IT'S HAPPENING" thing and I told you to lower your expectations because the season is 82 games long and a lot of shit could happen during that timeframe (yes, including injuries), a team's record 10 games in means shit.

And I didn't tell you that because I want your team to do bad nor because I think your team is not good enough but because that shit is just not healthy, the higher the expectations the biggest the disappointment is, and it fucking sucks.
They have the strongest roster and were playing with top advanced stats while having the best goalie in the world behind them. Yea, they were playing better than any Habs team in the last 2 decades, Habs have been pretty shit for the past 20 years,and I never went full Brody claiming the cup was coming our way. It wasn't 10 games it was the first quarter of the season and everything indicated that their play would dip but stay at a level to keep them elite. The following nose dive that happened couldn't have been predicted by anyone, like I said, it's literally been historic how many things have gone wrong at the same time for this team. They just need to embrace it and prepare for next season.

Red_Man

it still is the best team since 1993. We've had some rough years.
Seriously, Habs haven't had great teams. I'd like to hear anyone try and come up with a Habs team form the last 20 yearsthat had a stronger core than Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

You know, with every Canadian team on pace to miss the playoffs I really don't have a team to root for in the playoffs. The system I've had for almost a decade will be useless!

You know, with every Canadian team on pace to miss the playoffs I really don't have a team to root for in the playoffs. The system I've had for almost a decade will be useless!

I'll Cheer for the Panthers and Islanders for the East.

Stars and Avs in the West. Maybe Ducks too if they Squeeze into the playoffs

Foggy

This year I root for the teams that only have one NHLGAF representative. Panthers, Isles, Preds, etc

Red_Man

I wouldn't mind seeing Ovechkin finally get his cup, but I won't have any faith in the Caps in the postseason until they show everyone they can actually do it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ovechkin finally get his cup, but I won't have any faith in the Caps in the postseason until they show everyone they can actually do it.

Not against Ovi winning the cup this year. He's been craving for it since he first got in the league.

Please Caps Bring this Logo back as an Alternate.

Washington_Capitals_Logo_1995%E2%80%932002.svg

Capitals could go all the way. Holtby is the Vezina frontrunner, their scoring is more balanced (7 players with more than 10 goals), and they're relatively healthy. I don't know how good Carlson is, but they may lack a No. 1 defenceman. Also Trotz has never made it past the second round and sports a 26-38 playoff record.

Top Bottom