• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Saw one or two writers mention that Kevin Hayes' name is in play for trades. Hayes seems like a logical piece to move in a deal for Eric Staal, what with his ability to play center.

Of course, I'd rather have Kevin Hayes than a rental Eric Staal...

Socreges

Banned
What's a NHL comparable to what Curry is doing right now? Is there even one?

Don't think there is one. I wasn't watching hockey during the Gretsky years, but even Crosby in his prime is a pale comparison.

this Curry guy is fucking ridiculous
He's alright. Only as good as he is because teams don't know how to play defense these days. No big men playing physical. They're just letting him shoot. The team I played for years ago when I was still relevant could shut down Curry and beat this Warriors team because reasons and it's not because I'm old and salty see because the game isn't what it used to be.

He's alright. Only as good as he is because teams don't know how to play defense these days. No big men playing physical. They're just letting him shoot. The team I played for years ago when I was still relevant could shut down Curry and beat this Warriors team because reasons and it's not because I'm old and salty see because the game isn't what it used to be.

I'm not sipping the kool aid, however it is totally perplexing that the league hasn't figured their system out yet. The NBA has skewed so far from being a team sport, it needs to quit banking on superstars. Teams like last years hawks are a pretty legitimate argument for it. The "big 3" team stacking mentality that GMs are all about needs to stop

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ovechkin

Backstrom is Klay Thompson
Nah

What Curry is doing would be akin to a guy scoring 3 goals a game or something stupid like that.

He makes me want to watch basketball, which is something I never thought I would say in my lifetime.

Nah

What Curry is doing would be akin to a guy scoring 3 goals a game or something stupid like that.

He makes me want to watch basketball, which is something I never thought I would say in my lifetime.

Imagine if the Raptors drafted him.. We could've got him but we got Derozan instead. I'm happy we did get Derozan though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

CcRpQzqXIAA9SAN.jpg

You're alright Soc. :D

Socreges

Banned
I'm not sipping the kool aid, however it is totally perplexing that the league hasn't figured their system out yet. The NBA has skewed so far from being a team sport, it needs to quit banking on superstars. Teams like last years hawks are a pretty legitimate argument for it. The "big 3" team stacking mentality that GMs are all about needs to stop
NBA success has ALWAYS been heavily weighted toward elite players. You have 5 guys on the court who play the majority of the game. Exceptional players can make a bigger difference than in other sports.

And the Warriors are very good at creating space for Curry (picks, movement). And when he doesn't have that space, and gets double-teamed, he's a great passer and can find the open man.

Would be interesting to see some stats on point distribution on the average team with eras compared.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
DeRozan was taken two spots after Curry.

The rabbit hole goes deeper on the what ifs between the Warriors and Raptors.

A coin flip due to identical records determined that Golden State draft 7th in 2012 (Harrison Barnes) while we drafted 8th (Terrence Ross).

NBA Finals MVP Andre Igoudala was passed up by the Raps when we took with the 8th pick in the 2004 draft...Rafael Araujo and Igoudala went next at the 9th pick.

NBA success has ALWAYS been heavily weighted toward elite players. You have 5 guys on the court who play the majority of the game. Exceptional players can make a bigger difference than in other sports.

And the Warriors are very good at creating space for Curry (picks, movement). And when he doesn't have that space, and gets double-teamed, he's a great passer and can find the open man.

Would be interesting to see some stats on point distribution on the average team with eras compared.

I understand that but I'd like to see it move away from it, I wouldn't say it's always been that way, but surely in our lifetimes that's been the status quo.

Also fuck Joni Ortio, sincerely.

Socreges

Banned
I think we Canucks fans should abandon all hope of a top 3 pick, much less Matthews. The Leafs, Oilers, Jets and Flames are simply too fucking shitty to be contended with. :/

Sure we can be fucking dreadful on any given shift or night, but it's the absence of this unique and consistent regularity of shittiness that these other teams possess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sitting at 10th overall, my hope is to pick around the 6-7 range, I don't think we'll be able to get lower than that.

How the fuck is Minnesota so low with all those big names they throw money at? Unreal

iLLmAtlc

I think we Canucks fans should abandon all hope of a top 3 pick, much less Matthews. The Leafs, Oilers, Jets and Flames are simply too fucking shitty to be contended with. :/

Sure we can be fucking dreadful on any given shift or night, but it's the absence of this unique and consistent regularity of shittiness that these other teams possess.

so zibanejad scores a natural hatty in the 3rd to give ottawa the 5-4 lead? what the shit

wtf that was a beautiful wwe belly to belly suplex. sure brings me back.

Top Bottom