• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

OHHH

HERE WE GO

12VQnWOyYhh9Cw.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13s14 seconds ago
Not official by any means, but I believe CAR will receive two 2nd-round picks and quite possibly Finnish prospect Aleksi Saarela. #TSN
PLEASE BE OFFICIAL

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sounds like 50% retained, which would be enough.

Looking good, but he's very young. He had the assist on Finland's tournament winning goal at WJCs. He would have been probably at least 2 or 3 years away from the Rangers' roster, I'm guessing.

And that assist largely meant nothing as that play was all Kapanen lol

NYR

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
It's also my understanding, though not official by any means, CAR is expected to retain as much as 50 per cent of Staal's expiring contract.

zroid

Banned
I don't see what's so bad about the return for the Canes. They wanted to get some assets for him, and when you're limited to a single team as a trade partner, not much you can do to drive up the price.

Montresor

Why isn't Washington doing any trades? Chicago gets better. NYR gets better. Washington will likely have to go through those two teams to win the Cup.

Come on Washington... I want Ovie to win.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see what's so bad about the return for the Canes. They wanted to get some assets for him, and when you're limited to a single team as a trade partner, not much you can do to drive up the price.

Yeah, and Carolina can probably fast track Saarela to the lineup to the NHL roster. While he was 2 or 3 years away from making the Rangers, he'll probably have a good shot at making the Canes sometime in the next year or two.

Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton 3m3 minutes ago
For @NHLCanes Aleksi Saarela is a very good prospect. High IQ, makes plays. Quick & plays & executes at high pace. Versatile. Competes.

Otherwise, if that's the final deal, that's a great job by Jim Gorton, unless Saarela pans out to be one of the all-time greats somehow.

Syrinx

I'm....not that displeased with the return? I dunno, based on what was being speculated this seems alright. Though I never bought the Krieder rumors myself.

Top Bottom