• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Yeah that seems like weird info. I missed it does it say on Reddit who said it?

Kent Nilsson is on the broadcast today but he is in Panthers organisation now. So he shouldnt know that.

Im guessing that the only possible way for correct info to get to Swedish TV would be if a Swedish player is included.

Cake Boss

Banned

Kent Nilsson is on the broadcast today but he is in Panthers organisation now. So he shouldnt know that.

Im guessing that the only possible way for correct info to get to Swedish TV would be if a Swedish player is included.

So Jullssen?

What Swedish player would we be giving up?. I don't think it's true, because how the hell would Swedish TV know?

So Jullssen?

Juulsen is Canadian

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Gorton confirmed (just in case anybody still doubted at this point) that the Rangers are not trading Keith Yandle. Added they may also still make another move for a "small salaried" player.

Razorskin

----- ------
HFboards saying Swedish TV said Drouin is going to the Habs....

UjiSuUJ.jpg

Selfishly excited for this Staal trade. I'm a NYR fan, but first and foremost I'm a Zuccarello fan. If I have to choose between Zucc winning the Stanley cup at least once, and Rangers winning it 10 times in the next 20 years without him, I'm going with option A.

RedRum

Banned
Selfishly excited for this Staal trade. I'm a NYR fan, but first and foremost I'm a Zuccarello fan. If I have to choose between Zucc winning the Stanley cup at least once, and Rangers winning it 10 times in the next 20 years without him, I'm going with option A.

We keep trading away decent prospects for cup rentals. How has that worked for us the last couple of years?

Cake Boss

Banned
Per source close to Drouin sweepstakes, deal still seems likely before day is up, but still a lot of uncertainty re: his landing spot.

— Matt Larkin (@THNMattLarkin)

Stasis

We keep trading away decent prospects for cup rentals. How has that worked for us the last couple of years?

While I agree it hasn't worked, there are two things here:

1) MSL and Yandle weren't rentals. We got an extra year on them. Staal is a rental, though I'm curious to see if they try to keep him. No idea what the plans are there.

2) I wasn't a fan of giving away Duke and I'm not a huge fan of giving away Saarela either but I do think they have to go for it, even if we all know it's highly unlikely we'll win (or even come close tbh), because you just never -really- know in this league. Anything is possible when you make it to the dance. Our window is closing. It's a business and the aim is to win. With where we are now you knew we'd be buyers. They're not selling when we're in playoff position with Hank still prime. "Kick at the can" and all that.

I certainly would have liked to see us move Yandle for Nichuskin (which was rumored to be an offer at some point) and make a few other moves, then go get Shattenkirk and bring in Buch, Skjei and whoever else for next year, but that's just not how teams think and act. Hank and others would likely have been furious with that kind of attitude. Let's sell now and prep for next year maybe because the Caps and Hawks are loaded. Eh.

I just hope Staal does well for us and doesn't take as long to acclimate. He's certainly something we needed and can use. If Nash comes back strong and our two, um, struggling (I'm being polite here OK? Lol) D vets keep up more of their recent play... dare to dream we make it deep.

I'm pessimistic but there's some hope and belief in me still!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With Eric Staal joining the team tomorrow morning, the Rangers have sent Marek Hrivik back to Hartford. Too bad, as he had played great since his call up, and the 4th line was suddenly really good and scoring goals. Expected, though, and having Hrivik back in the AHL now gives the Rangers about a million dollars worth of cap space to play with over the next 23 hours.

Brian Lawton
‏@brianlawton9
Also hearing Mikkel Boedkers name linked to @NYIslanders today......stay tuned on this one. Boedker is only 26 and making a reasonable 3.75

Hmmmmmmm Islanders have been quiet so far. I wonder who Arizona gets. If a trade between them goes through.

Stasis

With Eric Staal joining the team tomorrow morning, the Rangers have sent Marek Hrivik back to Hartford. Too bad, as he had played great since his call up, and the 4th line was suddenly really good and scoring goals. Expected, though, and having Hrivik back in the AHL now gives the Rangers about a million dollars worth of cap space to play with over the next 23 hours.

Ah, shame. Hrivik - Moore - Fast for the playoffs would be great I feel.

Though Glass does at least wear down opponents a bit. Only real thing he does other than be a good team guy. We've got some big bodies playing physical now, up and down the line up. Can't hurt.

Top Bottom