• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

WE HAVE SO MANY PICKS

Gonna be interesting to see who gets called up.

With Liles traded, if Faulk isn't ready to come back, I assume Murphy is at the top of the list to be called back up.

With Staal & Versteeg traded, and McClement still possibly hurt and Nash potentially hurt ... who the hell is filling the lines? McGinn and then ? Can we call up this Zykov guy to get a look at him? Derek Ryan? Justin Shugg?

Socreges

Banned
I often do, mainly because any day off work is a good fucking day so why not. It being on a Monday makes it easy, those random Wednesday's off are a bit less awesome.

I've always been a huge fan of sprinkling random days off once or twice a month. Working 5 days in a row is a hellish punishment to be avoided whenever possible.
I do the same. But I definitely wouldn't take a day off to sit on my couch and watch TSN talking heads drone on about how Shane Prince can contribute to the Isles offense. *shrug*

Why are non Leafs fans gleeful that PA wasn't traded? Not like it really changes anything, he's a UFA not like he'd bring in a haul anyway.
TRADE VALUE!
TRADE VALUE!
TRADE VALUE!
TRADE VALUE!

Dont particularly care myself, but it is ironic.

Silexx

Yep we should have traded Hoffman and Stone as well because MacLean wasnt playing them. We should always evaluate our talent basedbon our shitty opinion of our shitty coaches that will likely be fired this summer.

Except MacLean didn't have the personal backing of the owner, making him expendable at the end of the day.

Except MacLean didn't have the personal backing of the owner, making him expendable at the end of the day.

That doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling that the team has any clue what they're doing.

They're ok being a long shot to making the playoffs each year and getting bounced in the first round not to mention wasting Karlsson's best years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait, the Bruins gave up a 2nd and a 4th round pick for Stempniak?

tVBA15y.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
That doesn't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling that the team has any clue what they're doing.

They're ok being a long shot to making the playoffs each year and getting bounced in the first round not to mention wasting Karlsson's best years.

Its just fucking tiring watching this team now.

He took a Stanley cup finalist and has made it the face of mediocrity for 9 straight years.

Fei

It's got to be harder for fringe playoff teams to justify trading their 1st round picks now that they are lottery eligible if they miss.

zroid

Banned
If Lou didn't trade PAP just because he couldn't get a 2nd, well fuck that

he's doing a press conference at 4pm, wonder what he'll say about this

fallout

I know right?! It always surprises me when people say they prefer the current, chump setup of 5 day work weeks. I guess if you have little kids or whatever 10 hour days would be less convenient due to school but beyond that it's such a no brainer to me.
My brain is pretty mush after 8 hours. It's not like I don't work OT when we're in crunch mode, but it's pretty painful. The thought of having to do 10 hours every day (even with the extra day off) sounds brutal.

Silexx

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend/justify what the team is doing, it's just my observations on how I think the team is currently operating. I fully agree on Karlsson, the way they are squandering his prime years borders on criminal negligence.

McGinn to ANA from BUF.

Believe the return to Buffalo for McGinn is a conditional pick

Conditional 3rd from ANA for McGinn. Could become 2nd.

imBask

Banned
apparently DSP was crying?

all he had to do was PLAY HOCKEY, fucking moron. He had every chance, he played on every line with everyone and didn't give a shit. No pity

Fei

Well Murray wanted a 2nd for McGinn. Looks like a conditional 2nd was the best he could do.

Great day for the Ducks picking up McGinn and Pirri.

Top Bottom