• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

So, we called up Andrighetto again and now we called up Lessio too. I'm guessing Andrighetto is gonna play on the second line... Hopefully.

imBask

Banned
February is going to be great, I can feel it. Habs are going to tank, Drouin is going to get traded, Stamkos is not gonna get dealt and we're all gonna laugh at Tampa, Staal will end up in Montreal for some dumb reason, Creeper will turn heel, Red will turn on Galchenyuk

February is going to be great, I can feel it. Habs are going to tank, Drouin is going to get traded, Stamkos is not gonna get dealt and we're all gonna laugh at Tampa, Staal will end up in Montreal for some dumb reason, Creeper will turn heel, Red will turn on Galchenyuk

I'm not turning heel

Calamari41

41 > 38
The emotional abuse is you talking about visors and communism at 11 PM.

Your roommate is insane. Calamari might be half-joking about rape accusations, but I really hope that doesn't happen.

I wasn't joking in the least. It's the next card in the Crazy Bitch playbook, and I've seen it played many times. She'll be dragging a mattress into Smiley's arbitration if he's not out of there by the time that's scheduled.

Anyone remember my roommate drama?

Apparently she's been secretly recording all our conversations over the last few months and called the cops several times because she felt unsafe. Of my abusive behaviour. Of staying in my room posting on GAF.

I don't even fucking know anymore, I need to get out of this place good lord

wh-a-haaaaaaaaaaaattttttt.....

Jeez. Hope her hysteria is obvious to the cops.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm not turning heel

image.php

Socreges

Banned
Only if he's traded.

Frankly, I never really believed in him to begin with. New acquisition Dave Bolland is our true future.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The Rangers are also going to make an ill-advised "win now" trade before the month is out. Look forward to it!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
He is transforming!

I thought Gorton said you guys weren't going to give up any more picks or prospects?

Translation: "we're going to try to not trade Buchnevich." Pretty much anything else is probably fair game. And there are still plenty of ill-advised trades to make with the actual roster players. :D

zroid

Banned
Translation: "we're going to try to not trade Buchnevich." Pretty much anything else is probably fair game. And there are still plenty of ill-advised trades to make with the actual roster players. :D

After destroying the hardest shot contest last night, Graves will probably be getting some attention :p

Entropia

No One Remembers

The Rangers are also going to make an ill-advised "win now" trade before the month is out. Look forward to it!

Eric Staal sounds like a good deal for the Rangers, 8M$ contract, worth a couple of picks

I'm not sure what the Canes are going to do this month in terms of trading.

They always do this. They suck in October and November, then they start picking it up. If they trade someone away, that means they're not going making a strong effort to make the playoffs. They can probably get a good return on Staal though, but I would hate to see Staal in a non-Canes jersey.

At best, I can see them getting rid of a defenseman, which they some how have an abundance of decent to good ones.

What will probably end up happening is that they stay the course and miss the playoffs because they lost their last regular season game and they needed another team to lose to be able to make it.

That new thread smell :) Thanks, as always Quick!

zPHqFKl.png

One Last Enforcer Ride.

So happy for him. If he can actually get something out of it and get back in the NHL it would complete the feel good story but realistically...

Anyone remember my roommate drama?

Apparently she's been secretly recording all our conversations over the last few months and called the cops several times because she felt unsafe. Of my abusive behaviour. Of staying in my room posting on GAF.

I don't even fucking know anymore, I need to get out of this place good lord

that's rough D: hopefully tumblr roommate doesn't escalate this beyond this.

the best response lmfao

This is the first sick day from work I've taken...well, ever. I'm legitimately sick but I feel so truant, especially considering there is a priority project at work.

Hey DucksGAF... if any of yall are at the Pond Friday find me and I'll buy you a beer.

Me and the gf will be the only two people in the building with Coyote jerseys.

Holy shit. NHL.com's new layout is atrocious. Change back pls.

Not only that, but I think it's broken.

I mean, where's Vancouver in the Wild Card Standings? Fix your site, NHL.

czfKu4C.jpg

Oh wait... do you mean the Coyotes are STILL ahead of Vancouver in the playoff standings? In February? I was to understand that the Coyotes were going to come in way behind the Canucks, and that the arena in Glendale is only 2 inches away from downtown Phoenix on Google Maps?

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey DucksGAF... if any of yall are at the Pond Friday find me and I'll buy you a beer.

Me and the gf will be the only two people in the building with Coyote jerseys.

Too bad I won't be there. I'm anxiously awaiting the time I have to introduce an NHL-Age member to my wife by their username because I don't know their actual name. "This is my dear friend CosmicQueso/Heretic/Smack Crackle and Pop. He's one of the people I talk to during games on my phone."

Too bad I won't be there. I'm anxiously awaiting the time I have to introduce an NHL-Age member to my wife by their username because I don't know their actual name. "This is my dear friend CosmicQueso/Heretic/Smack Crackle and Pop. He's one of the people I talk to during games on my phone."
this gets so much easier when you are introducing people you meet in MMOs.

ive played ffxi for 12 years now and found out at one point that this one guy also livedin pittsburgh. We met up at a bar a few years ago and now are good friends. His character name was Gatabe, I still call him Gat, mine was Finuve and he still calls me Fin.

Fin/Gat are a little easier to work with than forum/network names

zroid

Banned

this gets so much easier when you are introducing people you meet in MMOs.

ive played ffxi for 12 years now and found out at one point that this one guy also livedin pittsburgh. We met up at a bar a few years ago and now are good friends. His character name was Gatabe, I still call him Gat, mine was Finuve and he still calls me Fin.

Fin/Gat are a little easier to work with than forum/network names

I like this game

Calamari41 --> Cal
CosmicQueso --> Mick
Smack --> Mack
ShadowSoldier --> Shad

Don't like the monochromatic theme of the new NHL.com but it at least isn't a complete bloated mess like before. Had to run a script blocker just for it.

calder

Not calling him "fallout" constantly was the toughest part of going to those games together.

My wife saying "you're going to the Jets game this weekend with... your GAF friend again?" was really weird to hear said out loud, in a lot of ways. She had a half skeptical tone, like maybe I was making it up, but she couldn't figure out the angle.

Needless to say, if I ever start having an affair "GAF meetup" is going to be the cover story.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

This reminds me that one of these days I have to go to a Rangers-Islanders game at Barclays with The Artist Formerly Known as TeethMummy.

Speaking of, here are the current playoff matchups coming out of All-Star Weekend:

Bruins @ Panthers
Red Wings @ Lightning
Penguins @ Capitals
Islanders @ Rangers

Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Stars
Avalanche @ Kings
Coyotes @ Sharks

Quick

Banned
The new NHL.com layout ain't looking too terrible, but it's also a little too plain.

That being said, content space looks a bit bigger than the previous layout. And it's not busy as hell like the old one. And only one headline pun so far ("Johnny Cash"). :lol

Socreges

Banned
Websites make huge compromises to have their layouts be mobile/touch friendly. On the bright side, I go online almost exclusively by phone/tablet so I always found NHL.com's layout to be tough to navigate. Good for me

Top Bottom