• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Cake Boss

Banned
Ok got some time at lunch to think about this more rationally.

This was a decent deal for the both teams. The one thing I hate about it is giving up Lindberg. I was always high on him and actually fought some leaf turd here last year during the memorial cup run about him not being a decent prospect.

I would have been more okay giving up Puempel than Lindberg.

Anyways the best part about this trade is that we didn't have to give up Hoffman for a top 4 dman and that was always a possibility with this shitty management.

Also they finally cleared some fucking roster space on the forward lines for the young players to get some ice time with Michalek out.

And no more Boroshitfuckballsacks on the top 4.

The defense actually looks decent in a year or two.

Chabot-Karlsson
Phagoof- Ceci
Methot- Wideman

One last thing...

EAT SHIT AND DRINK PISS YOU LITTLE TURD MUNCHER JARED COWEN. YOU WERE ALWAYS SHIT NO ONE LIKES YOU EXCEPT YOUR BALL LICKER AND TESTICLE HANDLER ALL BRAN MURRAY.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really hating how smart the Leafs have become in this past year.

Also Frattin should just fuck off to the Swiss league already, he's a nobody and is basically a travelling bum at this point.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Renaud Lavoie said:
Hearing that #oilers Justin Schultz being scratch tonight vs #devils might be trade related. #tvasports
Oh baby let's go fuck the deadline

Silexx

Ok got some time at lunch to think about this more rationally.

This was a decent deal for the both teams. The one thing I hate about it is giving up Lindberg. I was always high on him and actually fought some leaf turd here last year during the memorial cup run about him not being a decent prospect.

I would have been more okay giving up Puempel than Lindberg.

Apparently, Toronto asked specifically for Lindberg, so they obviously believe he's a good prospect and he's pretty much the centerpiece used to get Phaneuf.

Anyways the best part about this trade is that we didn't have to give up Hoffman for a top 4 dman and that was always a possibility with this shitty management.

Actually, with the salary they cleared up in the trade, this gives the Sens more room to actually re-sign Hoffman.

Oh baby let's go fuck the deadline

THE STOVE IS HOT

12VQnWOyYhh9Cw.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Phaneuf got the Clarke MacArthur seal of approval for being a great guy in the room. Apparently that was very important for the Sens.

@mirtle said:
Jake Gardiner on losing Phaneuf: "One of my really good friends on the team and obviously our leader. So it’s going to be tough that way."

Jake Gardiner's morale has lowered due to recent roster moves.

yyzjohn

Banned
When was the last time the Leafs traded their captain? Like 20 years ago with Gilmour? Pretty telling that the captain gets traded and the fans are like "meh, good for the future"

zroid

Banned
When was the last time the Leafs traded their captain? Like 20 years ago with Gilmour? Pretty telling that the captain gets traded and the fans are like "meh, good for the future"

it's all on Nonis. if we had signed him to a reasonable deal, then most fans would be happy with him as the Captain going forward. :\

it sucks when the fans turn on players just because of mismanagement

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah Toronto is gonna throw 12-13 million per at Stamkos. It's a foregone conclusion at this point.

Don't know about that, Leafs will see what shakes out at the draft. Obviously the best case scenario is a lottery win and drafting Matthews. If that happens, then maybe they go after Stamkos. He just turned 26, would be the clear cut leader on a team with young upcoming talent like Matthews, Nylander and Marner.

LevelNth

Banned
If Stammer wants money and chooses Toronto, it won't be because of his contract. He'll make twice as much from endorsements in Toronto then he will elsewhere, so if it's money he wants, that will be a bigger factor.

zroid

Banned
I worry about the Sens idea of using Phaneuf to shelter Ceci

Dion isn't really that type of player anymore. He's useful but he needs to be sheltered himself. But maybe with Norrisson drawing all the tough minutes, he'll be okay.

trifelife

If Stammer wants money and chooses Toronto, it won't be because of his contract. He'll make twice as much from endorsements in Toronto then he will elsewhere, so if it's money he wants, that will be a bigger factor.

He already has a fuckton of endorsements with national ad campaigns and shit, it doesn't matter where he goes.

Quick

Banned
He already has a fuckton of endorsements with national ad campaigns and shit, it doesn't matter where he goes.

Yep. Stamkos has some good endorsements under his belt already. I don't think this will be a factor if he goes to Toronto or anywhere else.

LevelNth

Banned
Yep. Stamkos has some good endorsements under his belt already. I don't think this will be a factor if he goes to Toronto or anywhere else.
Stamkos' highest enodrsement earnings ever was in 2014 in which he made $1.7m on the back of over half a million from EA Sports for the NHL cover (one time deal).

He's basically averaging around just over a million a year from endorsements.

He'll triple that in Toronto.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Stamkos' highest enodrsement earnings ever was in 2014 in which he made $1.7m on the back of over half a million from EA Sports for the NHL cover (one time deal).

He's basically averaging around just over a million a year from endorsements.

He'll triple that in Toronto.

He's in the national Underarmor ad isn't he?

That's got to be a decent chunk of change.

Socreges

Banned
So are we trading Hamhuis? Any rumours out there either way?

Just came back from injury so I hope they're just waiting for him to get some games in

LevelNth

Banned
He's in the national Underarmor ad isn't he?

That's got to be a decent chunk of change.
For sure, you're right. Forbes has Stamkos at around $800k, I figured adding at least around 50% for that deal to be safe. The deal was signed in 2014 as well so it might already be a part of those numbers.

It's not just new deals either remember. Under Armour will pay a ton more for Stamkos in Toronto than they will for Stamkos in Tampa. It's all about exposure and media leveraging.

Top Bottom