• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

zroid

Banned
JOI2CMj.png

I like Komarov, and doubt we'd get a first for him, but man that'd be nice.

I was sad when he went overseas after a really strong rookie season with the Leafs. He was one of my favourite players, as he showed heart, finished his checks and gave 110% every game.

Yawnier

Banned
Tbh I'd have no problem with giving Komarov the captaincy, for the next few years

Then give it to Rielly or Nylander (probably Rielly) when they are a little older.

yyzjohn

Banned
Damn, from Clarkson, Kessel and Phaneuf who were on the team last year at this time, Leafs only retained 1.2M of those 3 players.

Samyy

Apparently Lindberg is 8th in ePrimary points/60 in the AHL
(Nylander and Leivo are 1 and 2)

Also Marlies roster I pulled from someone else:

Lindberg - Nylander - Kapanen
Soshnikov - Arcobello - Leivo
Leipsic - Gauthier - Brown
Morin- Carrick - Hyman

Gotdamn
I just bought tickets to seem them at the ACC on the 20th :D

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
WTF?!? NINE players? I'm not sure how to process this but I think we came up ahead.

Phaneuf seemed like a pretty good captain honestly, despite his shortcomings on the ice.

zroid

Banned

Morin- Carrick - Hyman

Gotdamn

that is a ridiculous AHL Roster

I may have to join you

Morin- Carrick - Hyman

Gotdamn

Jesus fuck.

That could be Leafs Lineup Right Now!

AND MARNER's NOT EVEN IN THE MARLIES LINEUP

Quick

Banned
How is Milan Michalek these days?

I liked him in his San Jose days, but he seems to have dropped off when he got to Ottawa.

imBask

Banned
just wait until you see our forwards for tonight

looks worse than our defense

oh I stand by my words, you guys might have a couple of promising prospects but until they've proven something in the NHL, that current lineup of yours is un-fucking-real

zroid

Banned
Zroid, give me the breakdown on Lindberg.

All I know is he was on Oshawa Generals' top line last year, winning the Mem Cup, and the Leafs' Assistant Coach DJ Smith was the head coach in Oshawa at the time.

the way i see it... he's another connor brown surrounded by worse players

also he's got hair that shames nylanders

ImOkayWithThis.jpg

although Lou might do a number on his hair :lol

Silexx

I liked him in his San Jose days, but he seems to have dropped off when he got to Ottawa.

In Toronto? Most likely can slot in the top 6 when healthy. He was always at his most productive when he was playing with Spezza, but injuries also held him back a lot.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I honestly think he has more value to the Leafs as a potential rental trade bait than as an actual contributing member of the Leafs. You can definitely feel the impact of him on the ice when he's playing, but he's extremely fragile these days, seems like he gets injured if someone just skates by him.

Quick

Banned
All I know is he was on Oshawa Generals' top line last year, winning the Mem Cup, and the Leafs' Assistant Coach DJ Smith was the head coach in Oshawa at the time.

Oh shit, I forgot he was on the Gens. :lol

In Toronto? Most likely can slot in the top 6 when healthy. He was always at his most productive when he was playing with Spezza, but injuries also held him back a lot.

I honestly think he has more value to the Leafs as a potential rental trade bait than as an actual contributing member of the Leafs. You can definitely feel the impact of him on the ice when he's playing, but he's extremely fragile these days, seems like he gets injured if someone just skates by him.

Sounds a lot like Lupul.

Top Bottom