• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Samyy

I think Noodles talked about this but sending a goalie to the ECHL isn't really an indictment like it is a skater, they probably just want to keep Bibeau closer to work with the Leafs staff and trust Sparks that he can handle it on his own, whereas they might not with Bibeau.

Cake Boss

Banned
So from those crappy prospects that the laffs sent us. Am I right in guessing that Rupert has the highest ceiling off all of that crap that you guys sent us??

Samyy

So from those crappy prospects that the laffs sent us. Am I right in guessing that Rupert has the highest ceiling off all of that crap that you guys sent us??

Probably Bailey or Rupert but they'd be lucky to ever break the NHL imo
Basically AHL fodder

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

According to Craig Button, Bailey and Donaghey are C-level prospects, the rest are career AHLers. He also rates Lindberg as a B-level prospect, which sounds about right.

Line_HTX

Creepers is white so it isn't him.

image.php

"Aww, sonuvabitch!"

zroid

Banned

Maybe Bailey. I dunno. None of them really look like anything but 4th liners at best

iLLmAtlc

How the f did the leafs pull this off

No money retained
A real prospect
2nd round pick

Who wants to bet Ottawa will out tank the Leafs from here on out

Also just out of curiosity I checked Clarksons stats. 18 GP 1G 1A

GSG Flash

No money retained
A real prospect
2nd round pick

I think you underestimate how bad Ottawa's D has been this season...

And I think you're selling Phaneuf pretty short as well.

yyzjohn

Banned

No money retained
A real prospect
2nd round pick

Leafs aren't done dumping, there's no way Sens can outtank the Leafs, not with Karlsson on the team.

Cake Boss

Banned

No money retained
A real prospect
2nd round pick

This guy with his shitty takes again.

Yawnier

Banned

Have you seen the laffs lineup for tonight's game?

Grabner - Kadri - Komarov
Winnik - Spaling - Leivo
Holland - Arcobello - Parenteau
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak
Marincin - Corrado

It is honestly pitiful, and there are still UFAs like PAP that are going to be traded

Samyy

GSG Dion was barely a 2nd pairing guy this year, buoyed heavily by Gardiner.
Ceci =/= Gardiner

I don't think he'll do too well in Ottawa honestly.

The assessment of Dion I agree with is 3rd pairing, 2nd PP guy.

ZeroGravity

Stamkos' highest enodrsement earnings ever was in 2014 in which he made $1.7m on the back of over half a million from EA Sports for the NHL cover (one time deal).

He's basically averaging around just over a million a year from endorsements.

He'll triple that in Toronto.
Tripling his endorsements would really only result in Stamkos largely coming out even, because with taxes and the Lightning's ability to offer him an extra year, he'd be making more money over the life of his contract in Tampa than he would in Toronto, even if the Leafs offer him more money.

If the Sens can land Phaneuf for mostly scraps, surely the Canucks can do something with a Weber, Prust, Higgins package deal.

So are we trading Hamhuis? Any rumours out there either way?

Just came back from injury so I hope they're just waiting for him to get some games in

Lots of talk about Hamhuis to the Capitals (Orpik's health is a mystery). Some (Canucks fans mostly) are hoping for Bowey coming back but it isn't the same management group that traded Forsberg. Then again, the Caps could seriously go all the way this year and it may be worth giving up a 1st+.

Also heard Hamhuis was pretty good in his first game back. A gold medalist and solid veteran depth could be worth a lot to a contender.

I forgot Lindberg was a Gen. That's awesome.

Also thought Bailey had some potential when they signed him, and he was the one I was sad to see go.

GSG Flash

GSG Dion was barely a 2nd pairing guy this year, buoyed heavily by Gardiner.
Ceci =/= Gardiner

I don't think he'll do too well in Ottawa honestly.

I think it's pretty easy to tell who here has watched Sens games this year and who hasn't.

Think of the worst defensive performance you've seen in the NHL, Ottawa is that, but 5x worse on a game by game basis.

We just received a massive upgrade on D today, even if Dion is 1/5th the player he was at his best.

Edit: you know your defence is bad when you're missing Eric fucking Gryba back there

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Rangers play the Flyers again on Sunday. Tanner Glass is already amped up for it:

Brian Heyman ‏@bheyman99 1h 1 hour ago
.#Rangers' Tanner Glass ready to fight Flyers' Simmonds Sun. re McDonagh punch: "He’s been in enough altercations to know that it’s coming."

Brian Heyman ‏@bheyman99 1h 1 hour ago
More Tanner Glass on Sunday vs. Simmonds: "...you’ve just got to let him know it’s not going to be tolerated. … He’ll know." #Rangers #nyr
You tell 'em, Acting Captain (in my heart) Tanner Glass!

In the meantime, Evgeni Malkin is out for the rest of the week. That seems to be the only encouraging piece of news about tomorrow night's game. Why is this the first time we're playing the goddamned Penguins? Why couldn't we have played them back at the start of the season when they sucked?!

Any chance that the Leafs will be able to ship out any of Ottawa's cap dump this deadline or will nobody touch those guys because they are still under contract next year?

How long are we stuck with these guys contract wise? Cowen likely until the end of the year, that other guy is injured, and then Greening. He's not half bad, and will be okay for now.

Samyy

Any chance that the Leafs will be able to ship out any of Ottawa's cap dump this deadline or will nobody touch those guys because they are still under contract next year?

I don't think they can move any of them
Cowen should interest some people in the off-season because of the way his deal is structured, if you buy him out it actually gives you cap relief in the current year.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How long are we stuck with these guys contract wise? Cowen likely until the end of the year, that other guy is injured, and then Greening. He's not half bad, and will be okay for now.

all of them are signed through next season

that's it

zroid

Banned
Michalek might be movable by the deadline if he gets healthy. Might have to retain some salary tho.

He can play though so I guess try and move him at next year's deadline. Can fill out the roster till then.

Yawnier

Banned

All their contracts expire at the end of the 2016/2017 season.

I feel that Cowen might be bought out this summer for the weird cap credit thing, or perhaps traded to a cap team that could use that credit

Greening will be buried in the AHL, or maybe even the ECHL

Michalek traded at next years TDL for a pick/prospect, hopefully.

Quick

Banned
Michalek might be movable by the deadline if he gets healthy. Might have to retain some salary tho.

He can play though so I guess try and move him at next year's deadline. Can fill out the roster till then.

His Tanksi is high.

Honesty I see the necessity of this trade for the Leafs future but I'm sad to see Dion go. He was always a good player taking the flak for a bad team and you could tell he really wanted to succeed as captain here. It's not his fault management gave him a bad contract.

Top Bottom