• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Line_HTX

I'm just happy 4 is no longer a part of EVO, heh heh heh...

Fuck Mandalay Bay, EVO should use that Las Vegas Stadium they got for UNLV football. That crowd hype.

imBask

Banned
welcome to Melee

tbh I like watching Melee I'm just trash at playing it

Smash fans are the worst of them all, I stay the fuck away from this game. I was suuuper into fighting games but i'm done now... the FGC is a cesspool, and unlike the souls fans, you can't really ignore the FGC if you wanna get into fighting games since it's a competitive multiplayer game

also I was still hot trash at SF4 after like 2000h, so that kinda turned me off

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs have never lost when I've been there to see them live, so I'm due to witness a blowout.

Can't wait to see the Patches-DD-Weise line in person!

Smash fans are the worst of them all, I stay the fuck away from this game. I was suuuper into fighting games but i'm done now... the FGC is a cesspool, and unlike the souls fans, you can't really ignore the FGC if you wanna get into fighting games since it's a competitive multiplayer game

also I was still hot trash at SF4 after like 2000h, so that kinda turned me off

Some of us in the Smash community are pretty bad. The crowd I go to locals with are ok. I'm pretty new to this whole thing though.

I'm looking forward to SFV cause I feel it can help me with my mental game. I have very bad awareness and self-control in Smash...I just want to pummel and will my opponent my way. I guess that can happen if I was good, but not with how I'm playing right now. Maybe an alternate feel can help me understand the fundamentals a bit more.

Get out of the draft lottery.

also this

Just not at the Pens' expense plz D:

edit: with this too pls

Yawnier

Banned
I was just listening to last weekend's TSN Analytics show and they put a thought in my head that I never considered and is truly chilling.

Kessel's been having a bad year but he's been producing a lot in the last few weeks. If his value rebounds over the next season and change then the Pens could trade him at his lower cap hit and probably get more than we did for him (which was hardly anything to begin with).

This is the kind of shit that would give me nightmares

This would be the darkest timeline

I know some Anime FG fans that are just as terrible. To them the only VALID game is the one that came out this week, everything else is THE WORST
there are problem people all over the place, but at events, street fighter people are the worst. Not all of them of course, but the problem children there are the worst. At evo they were grouped up making fun of smash players, yelling loudly, swearing, and insulting people that were watching the persona top 8

my local community is mostly cool, but this one dude that shows up like once a month never shuts the fuck up about screens getting wasted on games that arent SF, which has gotten worse since niche games are currently very in in my group, nitro+ blasterz and DBFCI)

As far as SFV goes I'm a hell of a lot more excited for it than I ever was for 4. That said R. Mika has always been lame and Laura just has no areolas I guess. Little tired of all the pandering with character designs but that shit is just never going away.

Line_HTX

there are problem people all over the place, but at events, street fighter people are the worst. Not all of them of course, but the problem children there are the worst. At evo they were grouped up making fun of smash players, yelling loudly, swearing, and insulting people that were watching the persona top 8

my local community is mostly cool, but this one dude that shows up like once a month never shuts the fuck up about screens getting wasted on games that arent SF, which has gotten worse since niche games are currently very in in my group, nitro+ blasterz and DBFCI)

I hope there's a crackdown on those Capcom imbeciles. They're actually the ones preventing growth.

imBask

Banned
I just don't think SF5 is going to pick up as much as people think it is, I might be wrong though... They changed a lot of things and the casual crowd that made SF4 such a big success won't necessarly hop in the newer game, they don't care about the better footsies game.

Also, the game not being on Xbone cuts another huge chunk of the casual FG community.

We'll see how the game turns out, I tried the beta and couldn't do training mode so I gave up after an hour, I have no interest in buying the game full price right now

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There are way too many anime avatars in these threads now.

Here. Lets get your mind off that nasty anime.

m6bwUoC.gif

RC

Banned
Two smash games again, plus a Pokemon fighter? You kids are ruining EVO.

Hell I'd rather they add another anime fighter than that shit.

Red_Man

Emelin is a healthy scratch tonight

DD is centering the top line and Ghetto is on the fourth line

So many conflicting emotions

Line_HTX

Two smash games again, plus a Pokemon fighter? You kids are ruining EVO.

Hell I'd rather they add another anime fighter than that shit.

Arcsys/ATLUS doomed Arena Ultimax. I'm dreaming of the day there'd be a ver. 3.0 where Margaret obliterates everybody for overkill damage.

:p

Red_Man

Prust on waivers lmao

Has he really been that bad this year? I find that hard to believe

iLLmAtlc

I just remember the SFIV community being very aggressive. People would beat me then send messages saying how much I sucked. >_>

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Prust on waivers, huh? We could actually fit him pretty easily...
Klein is wearing his old number, though. :)

Meanwhile...
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-Fast
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Paille

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein
McIlrath

McIlrath scratched again. Because it's not like Dylan McIlrath didn't immediately score and have a huge impact on the game as soon as he was actually allowed back in the lineup last time or anything. :/

Also wonder how McDonagh feels going from playing with Claude Giroux and John Tavares one night to playing with Dan Girardi the next. :D

Lundqvist vs. Schneider tonight at the Rock.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rick Nash also skated a bit on his own after the team's skate this morning. First time he's been on the ice in 11 days.

imBask

Banned
JC Lajoie has been saying for months now that Prust was traded for a good reason and he has infos he can't release, I doubt we'll see him in Montreal again

Top Bottom