• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Yawnier

Banned
I think it's Ottawa, Montreal and Anaheim.....?

I think Bergevin is still in on him

I don't know if 'Bargain Bin' Bergevin will give up what it takes to get him. You guys definitely got the assets to make it happen though if he wants to.

Anaheim has some good young assets mainly on defense they could trade for him too (Theodore, Montour, Larsson)

Quick

Banned
Sexy outlook? He just copy/pasted his job description!

Stupid sexy Outlook.

Outlook-Email-New-Logo.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You think hockey execs would top talking about size by now. Very few players that are large use their size effectively on a consistent basis.

I don't see Drouin going anywhere at the deadline. At his age and development he won't be an immediate impact player for a contender. Yzerman will also ask for the moon, so no playoff team will give up a roster player for a younger one.

At the draft, all bets are off.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You think hockey execs would top talking about size by now. Very few players that are large use their size effectively on a consistent basis.
I get the feeling Lou is just pumping him up. He must not have anything else if all that can be complimented is his size.

That said, you know full well the batch of GMs now were part of the size era where clutching and grabbing and frequent stops of play benefitted larger players who couldn't skate.

yyzjohn

Banned
I get the feeling Lou is just pumping him up. He must not have anything else if all that can be complimented is his size.

That said, you know full well the batch of GMs now were part of the size era where clutching and grabbing and frequent stops of play benefitted larger players who couldn't skate.

Pump and dump worked well with Phaneuf might as well start early on Cowen.

zroid

Banned
LMAO Doug MacLean is such a moron

"I would put [Phaneuf] against Zetterberg and Datsyuk, take the pressure off Karlsson"

fantastic idea

Red_Man

If Phaneuf wanted to win, why did they ship him off to Ottawa?

Serious question, you'd think they would have tried to pull off a trade to one of the top western teams if he's looking to go on a cup run. Guess Lou just doesn't give a fuck.

Yawnier

Banned
LMAO Doug MacLean is such a moron

"I would put [Phaneuf] against Zetterberg and Datsyuk, take the pressure off Karlsson"

fantastic idea
Yeah zroid but Phagoof has.....

Grit
Leadership experience
Compete Level
Mental and physical toughness

Samyy

Serious question, you'd think they would have tried to pull off a trade to one of the top western teams if he's looking to go on a cup run. Guess Lou just doesn't give a fuck.

The top western teams seem to be somewhat smart so....

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Shit, bad deflection :(

I doubt Phaneuf even asked for a trade, so I honestly have no idea what you're ranting about.

Socreges

Banned
Benning says the Canucks are gonna wait 1-2 weeks to see where the team is in their playoff drive / Matthews tank before beginning to shop Hamhuis.

Ok

That win against the Avs still stings

Red_Man

I doubt Phaneuf even asked for a trade, so I honestly have no idea what you're ranting about.
Babcock himself said that Phaneuf wanted to win now, and that the Leafs weren't ready to win now, indicating that was part of the reasoning for moving him. Obviously it's a bit of word play and they've wanted to get rid of Phaneuf for a while, but still odd for him to make that comment.

Top Bottom