• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

imBask

Banned
Babcock himself said that Phaneuf wanted to win now, and that the Leafs weren't ready to win now, indicating that was part of the reasoning for moving him. Obviously it's a bit of word play and they've wanted to get rid of Phaneuf for a while, but still odd for him to make that comment.

so they moved him to Ottawa, that's one good trolling job from Lou

Socreges

Banned
just accept the drive to 9th
I'm still hopeful...

If Phaneuf wanted to win, why did they ship him off to Ottawa?

Serious question, you'd think they would have tried to pull off a trade to one of the top western teams if he's looking to go on a cup run. Guess Lou just doesn't give a fuck.
Babcock himself said that Phaneuf wanted to win now, and that the Leafs weren't ready to win now, indicating that was part of the reasoning for moving him.
You're misrepresenting what was actually said:

"The problem for us, Dion is ready now to win, and we're not ready to win"

Silexx

g1eBE.gif

Dion fitting in already.

Babcock himself said that Phaneuf wanted to win now, and that the Leafs weren't ready to win now, indicating that was part of the reasoning for moving him. Obviously it's a bit of word play and they've wanted to get rid of Phaneuf for a while, but still odd for him to make that comment.

You're going full Hope_Smoke. Things that are said to the media aren't necessarily representative of a team's internal processes.

Plus what Soc said.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You're going full Hope_Smoke. Things that are said to the media aren't necessarily representative of a team's internal processes.

Plus what Soc said.
Obviously they've wanted to get rid of him for his terrible contract, but I'm just surprised that Babcock of all guys would make a troll comment like that after sending him to Ottawa. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Obviously they've wanted to get rid of him for his terrible contract, but I'm just surprised that Babcock of all guys would make a troll comment like that after sending him to Ottawa. He doesn't seem like that kind of guy.

Dion's ready to win right now, the Sens are ready to win right now(how close they are to doing so is another story), the Leafs are ready to rebuild, that's obviously what Babcock meant.

Heh, I thought so too until I listened to him mercilessly troll Jeff O'Neill on LL a couple times.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miller-Brassard-Fast
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Glass-Moore-Paille

Yandle-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Boyle-McIlrath

Lundqvist

lol I haven't heard this

need to dig into the archives...

There's one from a few weeks ago. He pretends he doesn't know who is asking him a question when O'Neill speaks, and then says the question was dumb and refuses to answer it (in different words). Afterwards O'Neill says that Babcock keeps doing this to him and he doesn't understand why he hates him.

zroid

Banned
There's one from a few weeks ago. He pretends he doesn't know who is asking him a question when O'Neill speaks, and then says the question was dumb and refuses to answer it (in different words). Afterwards O'Neill says that Babcock keeps doing this to him and he doesn't understand why he hates him.
:lol amazing

:lolol

Cake Boss

Banned
Lmaoo this Sportsnet panel holy fuck we been lucky with TSN covering our games. Holy shit I forgot how fucking terrible this panel was.

Dumbass MacLean "it was the biggest game of the year for the sens and they didn't show up"

Motherfucker the score is 1-0 after the first period and the shots are 13-11.

I didn't know you lost the game after the first period.

Then later on

"he was the best player on the sens roster that period"

Still chocking on major leaf dick there maclean where leaf facials have blocked your eyesight and is hurting your vision?

Yawnier

Banned

I need to find this

zroid

Banned
I would like to see Dion paired with Norrisson, think they could be fairly effective together. EK would be able to maximize Phaneuf's offensive skillset better than anyone else he's played with before.

Just read an article by Andrew Berkshire who seems to agree

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would like to see Dion paired with Norrisson, think they could be fairly effective together. EK would be able to maximize Phaneuf's offensive skillset better than anyone else he's played with before.*

Just read an article by Andrew Berkshire who seems to agree

*On the power play you mean

zroid

Banned
*On the power play you mean

definitely, but he would be better at 5v5 as well I think. dude needs to be sheltered, and Karlsson has made a career out of sheltering lesser teammates. :p

the irony is throughout his Leafs tenure (except this year), they tried to use Phaneuf to shelter his D-partners, which never made any sense to begin with.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's probably one of the softer penalties I've seen called on McIlrath, but it is interference nonetheless.

Penguins going to get their deserved tying goal right here.

That's probably one of the softer penalties I've seen called on McIlrath, but it is interference nonetheless.

Penguins going to get their deserved tying goal right here.
they let worse interference go on sid earlier. I wish they would just call that shit everytime. Give skill players more room

Line_HTX

If they weren't so reckless, the Penguins would've scored 5 considering the easy as fuck turnovers and how wide open their chances were.

Top Bottom