• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

calder

I'm not sad, just pissed this team is going to waste this season with no playoffs or top pick.

Last night's gritty shootout win is a clear sign the Jets are ready to rip off a nice 'points in 12 of the next 15 games' streak to nail down that 10th place finish. Wooo, 9th-12th overall pick here we come! :p :p :p

Quick

Banned
Last night's gritty shootout win is a clear sign the Jets are ready to rip off a nice 'points in 12 of the next 15 games' streak to nail down that 10th place finish. Wooo, 9th-12th overall pick here we come! :p :p :p

At least you guys locked up Buff.

Picking 9-12th isn't so bad. You could land the next Kyle Beach or Brett Lindros.

A lot of great players have been picking up between 9th and 12th, actually.

imBask

Banned
Serenity now guys, serenity now.

gomez.jpg

yyzjohn

Banned
Hey c'mon, just cause you traded him away doesn't change the fact you landed a damn good player at #12. Not bad drafting down sometimes.

Sutter has a broken jaw. Hamhuis took almost 2 months to come back, so Sutter is likely done for the year.

Edler out 2-3 weeks.

All signs point to tank. Hopefully we trade Vrbata and Hamhuis at the deadline. Line-up could look like this in a month:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Vey-Burrows
Dorsett-McCann-Cracknell
Zalewski

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Sbisa
Bartkowski-Biega
Pedan

Socreges

Banned
Sutter has a broken jaw. Hamhuis took almost 2 months to come back, so Sutter is likely done for the year.

Edler out 2-3 weeks.

All signs point to tank. Hopefully we trade Vrbata and Hamhuis at the deadline. Line-up could look like this in a month:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Etem-Vey-Burrows
Dorsett-McCann-Cracknell
Zalewski

Edler-Tanev
Hutton-Sbisa
Bartkowski-Biega
Pedan
Yes please

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm trying to figure out what's going on with Jared Cowen's hair in his pic on HockeyDB...

GSG Flash

I'm sure this story is 100% real and in no way made up by someone to get a little attention

Don't see why he would make it up for Dion and not for any other player acquired by the Sens.

Doesn't exactly seem uncharacteristic of Dion to do something like that either.

Erdrick

With how Chevy has drafted over the time since the new team was relocated to Winnipeg, around the same 7-11th overall picks, I'm fine with that. Scheifele, Trouba, Ehlers, Lowry, Hellebuyck plus guys like Petan and Morissey on the cusp of making the NHL for good, are all good signs to me that drafting at that level isn't a bad way to go. Then you have guys like Armia via the Kane trade that just seems to impress more and more as he plays... And Lemieux seems to be close to coming up by maybe next year.

I'm still pretty optimistic for those teams' future. Regardless of the regression they seemed to have this season. Really would like them to get Ladd resigned though...

If it's the usual Jets, they'll do as you said, get hot win the last bunch of games, and end up just barely out. As per the usual.

Last night was a typical Jets/Blues game though. Close and physical. They're one of my favourite teams to play against due to this. I'm going to the Jets/Bruins game tomorrow, so I hope they can keep up the intensity.

GSG Flash

Sounds like he was on the marlies first line with Nylander and Kapanen in practice

He'll definitely get a chance to succeed playing along those two, lol.

Speaking of which, is Tobias referring to the Sens training camp? Or is he talking about the Bingo Sens? Because, as far as I recall, he was never called up to the big team.

GSG Flash

Cowen just mentioned on the radio that he asked for a trade before the season. Would probably explain why Weir was favoured over him throughout the season.

I think he's referring to Bingo practice

That would make more sense, still odd that he would mention Ottawa.

Hexy with a sexy outlook on the deadline

“I have some ideas in my mind,” Hextall said Wednesday. “We’ll look at everything as we go along here. We’ll monitor where our team’s at, what we think our needs are, what people want from us. We’ll monitor everything and make decisions closer to the deadline.”

Cake Boss

Banned
Cowen just mentioned on the radio that he asked for a trade before the season. Would probably explain why Weir was favoured over him throughout the season.

That would make more sense, still odd that he would mention Ottawa.

Luke Richardson needs to get the fuck out. Stortini as captain.

Top Bottom