• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

iLLmAtlc

I've seen that be penalized before but I think it depends on how hard the contact was to the stick.

Tho with the benefit of hindsight I think it should have been called. Matthews had a clear step on him, defender was in no position to play the puck so he had to disrupt the play by taking one handed swing into his stick.

Socreges

Banned
I've seen that be penalized before but I think it depends on how hard the contact was to the stick.

Tho with the benefit of hindsight I think it should have been called. Matthews had a clear step on him, defender was in no position to play the puck so he had to disrupt the play by taking one handed swing into his stick.
Likely because they thought the slash got the hand or body, not because you can't whack the stick.

Could also be if they felt the player wasn't after the puck.

iLLmAtlc

Slashing - Slashing is the act of a player swinging his stick at an opponent, whether contact is made or not. Non-aggressive stick contact to the pant or front of the shin pads, should not be penalized as slashing. Any forceful or powerful chop with the stick on an opponent’s body, the opponent’s stick, or on or near the opponent’s hands that, in the judgment of the Referee, is not an attempt to play the puck, shall be penalized as slashing.

Refs keep ruining the game

Socreges

Banned
The Province is such shit. Their cover today is Here Comes The Sun with a picture of a beach and the article title is CALIFORNIA NORTH BY 2050 with another picture of the beach...but the actual content of the article talks about there being even more rainfall.

what the fuck is a "forceful or powerful chop", how do you define that and how do you call that... NHL rules are so weird
There are degrees with anything. What's the problem

imBask

Banned
The Province is such shit. Their cover today is Here Comes The Sun with a picture of a beach and the article title is CALIFORNIA NORTH BY 2050 with another picture of the beach...but the actual content of the article talks about there being even more rainfall.

There are degrees with anything. What's the problem

idk man i'd love to see the league be a little more literal about stuff like that... i'm not even trying to defend Galchenyuk, either that's a penalty 100% of the time or it never is. Plus if they want more goals, that's one way to do it

Socreges

Banned
idk man i'd love to see the league be a little more literal about stuff like that... i'm not even trying to defend Galchenyuk, either that's a penalty 100% of the time or it never is. Plus if they want more goals, that's one way to do it
What's your suggestion? What could the language be?

iLLmAtlc

I think it's pretty much impossible to write language without ambiguity.

I was joking about refs btw, it's a tough job. They have to make a split second decision on whether that was forceful or not and I must confess when I was watching yesterday I was still ambivalent.

imBask

Banned
What's your suggestion? What could the language be?

hmmm I don't know, it's not really my job but like... even if you don't change the way it's written currently, i'd rather see them apply it a little less loosely. Reading the actual rule that was a penalty to me after all

Line_HTX

What the fuck, I look away for one minute and Bruins scored 2 in 40 seconds.

Bergeron looked like he got pushed in, but a redirect nonetheless.

Why the fuck are people talking about the Leafs possibly giving up a 1st for Riley Sheahan? He's 25, has never scored 15 goals in a season and has 0 goals and 9 assists in 58 games this year.

In what universe is that worth a first round pick?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brooksie with some "no shit" hot trade buzz:
So it’s three well-connected sources within the past three days who have told Slap Shots that when it comes to the Rangers and the trade deadline, “Everyone is asking for J.T. Miller.”

And you should know everyone is politely being told, “No, thank you.”

Line_HTX

NBC: "You look at how this game unfolded today, the Stars played hard. They've been physical, they tried, they've been leaky defensively at times.

But the Bruins, they played smart."

I had to rewind that a couple of times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He has another site? I thought he did hockeybuzz
You're right, whatever that hockeyfeed is isn't his site, but it's also HFboard quality so yea

I don't think this happened but if it did and it was just like Galchenyuk for Duchene/Landeskog straight up then lmfao Bergevin
It definitely wouldn't be a 1 for 1, but also Galchenyuk is 3 years younger and out performing Duchene, I'd be pissed if it was a 1 for 1 swap, giving him up for Landeskog would be beyond stupid.

Out performing duchene on a team that is no where near the basement. He's no where near the face off talent that Duchene is. I'd expect you to take it here though, when my comment was purely about the fact that centers are the last thing we need.

Not only are we bad there's absolutely no opportunity to net points on a Tim Army PP. I maintain he is one of the bigger issues with this team.

Razorskin

----- ------
Out performing duchene on a team that is no where near the basement. He's no where near the face off talent that Duchene is. I'd expect you to take it here though, when my comment was purely about the fact that centers are the last thing we need.

Just get Therrien as your coach and you can play him on the wing.

Red_Man

Habs play the Sens 3 more times this season, might end up deciding who wins the division. At this point, I'd rather they win it so we can face a team like the Leafs in the first round other than a Metro team. Maybe Babcock will keep throwing games to us.

Red_Man

C5jxThWWcAAddop.jpg

tumblr_nngwnizCge1tr61zko1_250.gif

Top Bottom