• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Pikma

Banned
We'll need to arrange a secret backup thread to move to when the playoff thread gets napalmed. We'll make a OT Community thread about something innocuous no one would click on, like Canadian TV shows or an Ottawa GAF social meetup.

Everyone who roots for an Atlantic playoff team get your alt accounts set up now.
If we do get the thread nuked I promise I'll risk my account and do this

It'll be for the greater good

Silexx

We'll need to arrange a secret backup thread to move to when the playoff thread gets napalmed. We'll make a OT Community thread about something innocuous no one would click on, like Canadian TV shows or an Ottawa GAF social meetup.

Everyone who roots for an Atlantic playoff team get your alt accounts set up now.

Fuuuuuuccckkkk yooooooooouuuuu

It's true though.

Line_HTX

Julien can coach the Habs well again if we're going by the teams who fired their coach and got better afterwards.

bMiNQ1Z.png

yyzjohn

Banned
Pretty predictable in the line of coaching. Pretty sure I had a list of future Habs coaches and Julien was on there with Roy. Patrick is next.

Kifimbo

Thinking about it, this is similar to what happen with Patrick Roy, but in reverse (they fired the coach instead of trading the goalie).

Something broke the night Carey Price stared at Therrien after being pulled. Since then, Price hasn't been the same.

Foggy

So as someone newer to the sport, explain to me why Julien was fired the first time and why this makes everyone deliriously optimistic. Poor talent in his first tenure?

yyzjohn

Banned
So as someone newer to the sport, explain to me why Julien was fired the first time and why this makes everyone deliriously optimistic. Poor talent in his first tenure?

It was a long time ago when he was the Habs coach. First coaching job in 2003. Team didn't have the talent back then. Julien then went on to win a Cup with the Bruins so he's proven he can win.

He actually had a winning record as coach of the Habs. No idea why Gainey fired him, must have been another French coach he wanted more.

Line_HTX

It was a long time ago when he was the Habs coach. First coaching job in 2003. Team didn't have the talent back then. Julien then went on to win a Cup with the Bruins so he's proven he can win.

He actually had a winning record as coach of the Habs. No idea why Gainey fired him, must have been another French coach he wanted more.

Ownership wanted another French coach over a winning coach at the time?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Hard to remember what he was like, but the talent level was pretty awful, lead by Mike Ribeiro.

My delirious optimism right now just stems from the fact that Therrien is gone.

calder

It's not really a secret when it's posted out in the open.

Obviously we're grooming you to be on the inside for us. Like the morally flexible cop who hassles and stalks the crew of roguish jewel thieves before the third act reveal that they've all been working together the whole time.

Sanjuro

Obviously we're grooming you to be on the inside for us. Like the morally flexible cop who hassles and stalks the crew of roguish jewel thieves before the third act reveal that they've all been working together the whole time.

His morality is strictly based on what condiment you put on your hot dog.

dankir

Okay so I don't remember when CJ was our coach? Post Mario Tremblay right? So when Koivu had the C and we missed the playoffs a lot right?

yyzjohn

Banned
Okay so I don't remember when CJ was our coach? Post Mario Tremblay right? So when Koivu had the C and we missed the playoffs a lot right?

This is the 2nd time he's replaced Therrien as coach in Montreal. Habs missed the season he replaced Therrien, but then made the playoffs the next two seasons.

The last time Julien was coach, Mike Riberio was a Hab. That was a terrible team too

Mike Riberio, the same guy who is in Nashville's Farm Team right now

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully this means Desharnais never plays again. I can't wait to see what he does with this team, the Bruins were top 5 in scoring the last 5 seasons excluding this one. What a day, bless you Bergevin.

Last desperate move by Bergevin. If it doesn't work, he is gone.

Also, Carey Price might be responsible for this.
I feel this too, the stare down, teams structure resulting in him having to be super man, his recent slump and the meeting with Bergevin and the teams leaders?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Markov has been on the team for the first time Therrien was fired and replaced by Julien and now too :lol

Top Bottom