• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

zroid

Banned
2966b21d810f47d3954e8a5d152c4c6a.png

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How do all of these coaches get fired when their teams aren't even that bad, yet Detroit keeps riding it out with Blashill?!?!?!? What world are we living in????

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is the best day

Bob Mckenzie said:
Therrien/Julien is quite the surprise. All the messaging emanating out of MTL for last days/weeks has been no chance of a coaching change.

McKenzie says he doesn't think Bergevin is contemplating a coaching change, but I also think if he were to ever do it, there would be no leak of any kind. Julien being available has to be tempting, unless his plan has always been to go to Muller.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

calder

For once to be fair to Dreger, nobody saw this coming it seems.

Every insider I have on twitter seems totally shocked.

I think everyone is shocked because this happened suddenly. Like, Montreal asked for permission and hired him the same day, or else it would have started leaking out and the usual insiders would have at least heard "rumblings".

I think everyone is shocked because this happened suddenly. Like, Montreal asked for permission and hired him the same day, or else it would have started leaking out and the usual insiders would have at least heard "rumblings".

It also helps that people thought he was safe after they traded Subban.

Curufinwe

How do all of these coaches get fired when their teams aren't even that bad, yet Detroit keeps riding it out with Blashill?!?!?!? What world are we living in????

Why would Detroit want to eat his salary when they won't make the playoffs this season under any coach?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Feels like they didn't even need to meet him. Just asked for permissions, Bruins said yes and they just gave him the job.

Not even a report of "hey hearing Habs asked for permission to speak to Julien"

Also s urprised Bruins would give permission.

Solo

This is seriously the best news in Habs land in years. It's a brave new world, gentlemen. Hold on to your butts.

It was obvious Therrien wasn't working out, but I honestly didn't expect him to actually be fired. If the Bruins don't fire Julien I think there's a 0% chance this happens.

I also think Price's "identity" comment kind of sealed the deal.

Feels like they didn't even need to meet him. Just asked for permissions, Bruins said yes and they just gave him the job.

Not even a report of "hey hearing Habs asked for permission to speak to Julien"

Also s urprised Bruins would give permission.

Jacobs doesn't have to pay his salary anymore.

calder

Fuuuccck give me Habs-Broons, Leafs-Sens playoff series.

This community will get nuked.

We'll need to arrange a secret backup thread to move to when the playoff thread gets napalmed. We'll make a OT Community thread about something innocuous no one would click on, like Canadian TV shows or an Ottawa GAF social meetup.

Everyone who roots for an Atlantic playoff team get your alt accounts set up now.

Top Bottom