• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

OMG, LOL....I need one of these

o3kJp.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taro_Tsujimoto

100% buying that

I remember having the day off in 2011 when tickets went on sale for the public at 10 AM. I refreshed the page at exactly 10 AM and did a search. Everything until February was sold out already.

There is a method to getting tickets

Do not bother with Saturday games
Do not bother with games vs the Penguins
Type fast

It's not as easy as it was back when people didn't realize there was a pre-sale and they sent the code out 30 minutes before the on-sale time, but I still found several game with tickets this morning

Quick

Banned
There is a method to getting tickets

Do not bother with Saturday games
Do not bother with games vs the Penguins
Type fast

It's not as easy as it was back when people didn't realize there was a pre-sale and they sent the code out 30 minutes before the on-sale time, but I still found several game with tickets this morning

I tried to get tickets for Mats Sundin's banner raising, nothing!

But I didn't expect to get anything to be honest.

I tried to get tickets for Mats Sundin's banner raising, nothing!

But I didn't expect to get anything to be honest.

When you pick the games that everyone is trying for it's a lot harder, if you go for games that are slightly less popular you'll have success while everyone else is getting rejected

Quick

Banned
When you pick the games that everyone is trying for it's a lot harder, if you go for games that are slightly less popular you'll have success while everyone else is getting rejected

Haha, yeah. I was able to get tickets vs. the Wild last season the day before the game. Good times.

I'm actually pumped for the home opener. Never been to a Leafs one, and the Jays ones have been pretty good the past couple of years.

Quick

Banned
UGH!! NO! NO! I completely forgot tickets were on sale today. Fucking A, Leafs/Habs are sold out. Every fucking year, I go through this shit!

Scalpers? Stubhub?

I bought tickets to a Jays game from a scalper a couple of years ago. $40 for 100 level tickets by the home dugout. Good seats, since I was right by the section entrance and it was close to the aisle. The ticket looked so fake, but it scanned properly, and I had no complaints.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I said it was cute.
Just as cute as Habs fans reporting every time Galchenyuk scratches his nuts in practice.

DID YOU SEE THOSE MOVES IN TIGHT? MAN THAT WAS SO TECHNICAL. THERE IS NO WAY YAKUPOV OR GRIGORENKO COULD SCRATCH THAT ITCH.
All the bitterness of being the worst team in the league for years is finally coming out eh? Or maybe it's knowing you're not guaranteed the 1st pick anymore is what eats at you. Not making the playoffs in years must have destroyed your soul by now, at least you have AHL point records to look at and masturbate too while the Oiler's miss the playoffs once again.

Scalpers? Stubhub?

I bought tickets to a Jays game from a scalper a couple of years ago. $40 for 100 level tickets by the home dugout. Good seats, since I was right by the section entrance and it was close to the aisle. The ticket looked so fake, but it scanned properly, and I had no complaints.

Jays is not an issue. Habs/Leafs is always an issue. I can get tickets to any other Leafs game but Habs/Leafs are always sold out and are overpriced by scalpers at 400% the original price. Fuck it, I'll drive down to Montreal to see them.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
All the bitterness of being the worst team in the league for years is finally coming out eh? Or maybe it's knowing you're not guaranteed the 1st pick anymore is what eats at you. Not making the playoffs in years must have destroyed your soul by now, at least you have AHL point records to look at and masturbate too while the Oiler's miss the playoffs once again.

Dem is actually being cordial... You should have seen him ~5-10 years ago when he could barely go a week without being banned

Haha, yeah. I was able to get tickets vs. the Wild last season the day before the game. Good times.

I'm actually pumped for the home opener. Never been to a Leafs one, and the Jays ones have been pretty good the past couple of years.

Get there early to see the Highlanders, a Leafs tradition since forever

Jays is not an issue. Habs/Leafs is always an issue. I can get tickets to any other Leafs game but Habs/Leafs are always sold out and are overpriced by scalpers at 400% the original price. Fuck it, I'll drive down to Montreal to see them.

That sucks, I've been to a few non-Saturday Leafs-Habs games at the ACC, always a crazy atmosphere

Marvie_3

Banned
Hawks should solve their problem at C by offersheeting the hell out of O´reilly I feel certain that he could be a 2-C eventhough he is so defensively minded. Just let him play with Kane and it is needed. They say that he is asking for around 4 a year, Do It!

Ofcourse it would be matched but whatever.
Chicago doesn't even have the 3rd round pick they'd need to send that offer sheet. Plus, if it's going to get matched, why even bother? All it does is piss off another GM.

Here's the front of the Tokyo Katanas hat

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA1Sf87CUAAAIsf.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I need one. :lol

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Recchi, Modano and Turco? Almost sounds like the Red Wings have been out making some last minute signings to fill out their roster.

Quick

Banned

Not sure if you're talking about any Habs/Leafs game, or specifically on Saturday, because the 19th is in Montreal.

Get there early to see the Highlanders, a Leafs tradition since forever

Done. Would you say they're there right when the doors open?

Here's the front of the Tokyo Katanas hat

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA1Sf87CUAAAIsf.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to get that hat, too. Looks great.

Not sure if you're talking about any Habs/Leafs game, or specifically on Saturday, because the 19th is in Montreal.

Done. Would you say they're there right when the doors open?

I think I'm going to get that hat, too. Looks great.

No, hmmm, the game starts at 7:00 so I'd be at my seat by 6:30

Usually have the Highlanders on the ice doing their marching and bagpiping and then horribly lame Leafs Nation stuff and player intros.....

Any Canadiens game in Toronto. This season there are only three. I can't find pair of seats in any of the three. I don't even mind Gold seats as long as I can see them but goddamn I don't like paying $500 for shit seats to Scalpers.

I wish I knew Season Pass holders so I can buy the tickets off them but I don't. Everyone online is selling them for crazy high price. It's been three years since I've seen Habs perform live and it's getting frustrating every year. Worst is that there was a presale at 10am with public sale at 1pm. I bet all were gone by the time presale was done.

CrankyJay

Banned
Looks like it's only available at the downtown Buffalo New Era flagship store...sorry guys

I'll stop by during lunch tomorrow to see what their supply is like.

"very limited run"

Kings opener tickets are down to $138 a piece...if they drop some more I'm going to head up for it.

Not feeling this pricing arrangement at all, though. Has me scared for the rest of the seasons prices.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You, Metatron, nyrangers fan - where are you guys normally?

Me and Stasis can't do this on our own in here!

Hey, I'm around, lurking...

Looking forward to all the time I'll be spending at the Garden over the next few weeks. I think we have something like 5 home games between now and the end of January.

Quick

Banned
This is my official "Galchenyuk scoring gif" to combat Leafs nations Kadri gif just as a warning

i66wrGyEWyvjP.gif

No, hmmm, the game starts at 7:00 so I'd be at my seat by 6:30

Usually have the Highlanders on the ice doing their marching and bagpiping and then horribly lame Leafs Nation stuff and player intros.....

Fucking hate that Leafs song. I thought they got rid of it.

Any Canadiens game in Toronto. This season there are only three. I can't find pair of seats in any of the three. I don't even mind Gold seats as long as I can see them but goddamn I don't like paying $500 for shit seats to Scalpers.

I wish I knew Season Pass holders so I can buy the tickets off them but I don't. Everyone online is selling them for crazy high price. It's been three years since I've seen Habs perform live and it's getting frustrating every year. Worst is that there was a presale at 10am with public sale at 1pm. I bet all were gone by the time presale was done.

Sounds like your best bet is to go to Montreal. :(

Are tickets any cheaper there vs. Toronto? I thought about going there a few times to watch a game, and according to a friend, Ottawa tickets are cheaper, too. Cake Boss?

KESSELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

i66wrGyEWyvjP.gif

Its easier for the sticker to stay on a flat brim though.

I own a few hats, and I prefer flat brims, but I rip the stickers off, except for the authenticity one under it.

Looks like it's only available at the downtown Buffalo New Era flagship store...sorry guys

I'll stop by during lunch tomorrow to see what their supply is like.

"very limited run"

Balls. Wonder if I could order it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp was the 2nd line center when Chicago won the Cup in 2010 but for some reason they don't play him there anymore.
So no real explanation? They just don't play him there anymore? Odd......

Good news for Connelly, Lombardi, and I guess Aucoin. Hopefully the NYI will give him an NHL chance?

I wonder if these are all precursors to a bigger move.

So far, so good Nonis. 'It's cause he's Greek'

rofl

Some of my friends are giving me salt on Facebook because I bought Leafs tickets

One of them is just jealous, the other is a hypocrite considering they won Raptors season tix after the NBA lockout and paid to renew them this year....

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Sure sounds like #Stars deal with Jamie Benn getting finalized. Latest Dal offer I heard was 33M. Look for cap hit around 5.5M for 5/6 yrs

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
rofl

Some of my friends are giving me salt on Facebook because I bought Leafs tickets

One of them is just jealous, the other is a hypocrite considering they won Raptors season tix after the NBA lockout and paid to renew them this year....

Wow you weren't kidding. But who cares, get what you want mang.

ShaneB

2 days before the season starts, and PK still isn't signed.

I like PK, I really do, but after how great it was to get the CBA deal done, holdouts like this a reminder that it's still all about the money.

"I can't wait to play, the CBA is settled!!... oh what.. I can holdout for more money?!? Hell yeah.."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think this is more Meehan then Subban, Subban has said multiple times he want's to play in Montreal for the rest of his career and he's leaving this to Don and Bergevin, and this is the same shit Meehan pulls with all his clients. It's why he's one of the best in the business.

ShaneB

I think this is more Meehan then Subban, Subban has said multiple times he want's to play in Montreal for the rest of his career and he's leaving this to Don and Bergevin, and this is the same shit Meehan pulls with all his clients. It's why he's one of the best in the business.

Fair enough.

I hate agents.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Any other teams have players injured from overseas play that won't get paid until they heal? Laich apparently will be suspended without pay since he got the injury playing overseas.

Socreges

Banned
You don't think this is what Subban wants? If it's Meehan, it's Subban.

Cake Boss

Banned
If he really wanted to stay then he would have ordered his agent to accept the 3 year deal by now.At then end the agent is the player's employee. I am not saying Sub ban doesn't want to stay in MTL but he sure as hell knows what's being offered by the 2 sides and knows what he's doing.

Top Bottom