• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

832978416.gif
Wow

Filppula - 18G, 18A, 36P, +7
Lecavalier - 9G, 8A, 17P, -12
Weiss - 2G, 2A, 4P, -4

Look at games played bro.... even with that, Weiss has not done much I know, of course he has apparently been injured the entire time and just now is having something done about it, but who knows. Flip would not be putting up those points if he was with us this year, he needed new scenery.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I posted in the football thread. I feel dirty.

I tried watching the Seahawks game for a bit.

God are there a ton of commercials. And I got annoyed at the violin commercial during the TSN WJC broadcast. How am I going to survive this game.

ZeroGravity

Look at games played bro.... even with that, Weiss has not done much I know, of course he has apparently been injured the entire time and just now is having something done about it, but who knows. Flip would not be putting up those points if he was with us this year, he needed new scenery.
Perhaps, and I understand why the Wings didn't re-sign him, but it's still going to look like a bad move going forward. Filppula is a much better player than I think anyone really gave him credit for.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ugh. Grigorenko is having a meltdown on Facebook after getting sent down to juniors again and refusing to report.

This kid will probably flee to the khl.

I tried watching the Seahawks game for a bit.

God are there a ton of commercials. And I got annoyed at the violin commercial during the TSN WJC broadcast. How am I going to survive this game.

By knowing that the saints are one of the scummiest organizations in sports and are getting trashed.

Acid08

Banned
Ugh. Grigorenko is having a meltdown on Facebook after getting sent down to juniors again and refusing to report.

This kid will probably flee to the khl.
Sabres handling his development really well and he sounds like a very reasonable person, hats off to all involved.

Steve Simmons said:
The time to trade David Clarkson is now. Before everyone discovers what the Leafs have found out. Some players are made for some lineups. He doesn’t fit the Leafs

Newsflash Steve, everybody already knows that Clarkson sucks. If anybody didn't think this guy was gonna bust hard after signing a UFA contract they need to get their eyes checked.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Funny you bring this up. I was a big Weiss fan and wanted him or Lecavalier over Bozak. I have heard zero news about Weiss since the trade and about 5 seconds on 24/7 when they made a small comment about him facing his old team.

Thought it was going to be a good pick up for you guys too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Newsflash Steve, everybody already knows that Clarkson sucks. If anybody didn't think this guy was gonna bust hard after signing a UFA contract they need to get their eyes checked.
Lol everyone knew this before he signed his ridiculous contract, the only person who didn't know this was Nonis apparently. No one is touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, and it's only the first year of it.

Funny you bring this up. I was a big Weiss fan and wanted him or Lecavalier over Bozak. I have heard zero news about Weiss since the trade and about 5 seconds on 24/7 when they made a small comment about him facing his old team.

Thought it was going to be a good pick up for you guys too.

Yup, we got screwed on that one, unless he can come back from injury and light it up (very doubtful) then we are pretty much stuck with a 5 million dollar Cleary.

The problem is that Weiss is actually a proven good player, but for some reason he can't find his rhythm here and really does seem like a younger, faster Cleary.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lol everyone knew this before he signed his ridiculous contract, the only person who didn't know this was Nonis apparently. No one is touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, and it's only the first year of it.
Oilers could use some grit and help tanking :(

Red_Man

Holy fuck, PJ Stock said something that wasn't completely retarded. What a day in HNIC history.

Razorskin

----- ------

It's ok! That Clarkson contract will look good in 2018!

Curufinwe

Some flyers fan on twitter tweets "Classless bolts fans", promptly deletes her tweets and cries about bolts fans "harassing her".

I point out that Philly sports fans really shouldn't be talking about class and she misunderstands and retweets me thinking I'm agreeing with her.

...oh, Philly fans.

It's pretty dumb to criticize all Philly fans because of what one random lady said on Twitter. I don't criticize all Chicago fans as being whiny little bitches who don't know what the fuck they're talking about just because of you.

Red_Man

I miss the old PK, he's so boring and cliche in interviews now.

It's pretty dumb to criticize all Philly fans because of what one random lady said on Twitter. I don't criticize all Chicago fans as being whiny little bitches who don't know what the fuck they're talking about just because of you.
giphy.gif

Well, hopefully Crow steps up in Quebec.

Can't muster any animosity for this game. Habs play the game right and Subban is a beast. Hopefully it ends up being a good one and the Hawks don't shit the bed late.

Edit: Bickell has been garbage all season and gets to play on the second line instead of Saad. Brilliant idea.

The stuff coming out of Cox and Simmons right now is incredible.

Almost as incredible as the things that Nonis has been saying.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 23s

Shaquille O'Neal just dropped the puck for FLA/NJ wearing an Alexei Ponikarovsky jersey.

Seriously? LOL

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bollig will take a shitty penalty trying to fight Parros and the GWG will be scored on the PP that the Habs get. No worries.

Please don't hit Parros, and if you are going to throw him down on the ice put a pillow first.

Top Bottom