• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Sanjuro

So you got verbally abused in both Montreal and Dallas?

There's a common denominator here. Hint: I'm not talking about hockey.

I didn't get really verbally abused in Montreal, just people quick to jump in on other conversations.

Dallas same boat. Just got shit from hicks who don't understand anything that isn't football.

Common denominator is you have jerks everywhere. I know how to handle them and still have a good time luckily.

Sanjuro

What. It's always on at every sports bar I go to. Usually more than nba.

We always have tons of east team fans here. Mostly since we see them so rarely.

Wasn't as much when I went. It's just not a hockey town, so they don't know how to react when their precious television is being taken over.

calder

I have never met a nice fan from there and I get pleasure like no other when the Wild beats them. And yet another stellar game from Kuemper. Love it.

*prays FUBAR never runs into any Jets fans*

We, uh, can be a bit annoying. But our team sucks so hopefully less overtly so. God help us all if this fanbase gets any success though.

Erdrick

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but the Jets seem to be playing much better. The passing seems to have more direction to it and the game as a whole that they have been playing has been improved.

Granted, Calgary is hardly some powerhouse team, but I've seen the Jets play absolutely atrocious against "worse" (Standing-wise) teams before and it's nice to see them come together like this. The 3rd is coming though, so for all I know, Calgary could launch some offensive assault and destroy us, so caution is the name of the game still.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So, the plumber was supposed to come fix our shower today. (It would randomly get super hot/cold instead of holding the temperature)

Instead of fixing it, he opened up the wall and then left with leaving the entire shower/wall open and nonfunctional.

Thanks plumber.

Sanjuro

So, the plumber was supposed to come fix our shower today. (It would randomly get super hot/cold instead of holding the temperature)

Instead of fixing it, he opened up the wall and then left with leaving the entire shower/wall open and nonfunctional.

Thanks plumber.

Common denominator of ass cracks?

Thanks plumber.

Year of Luigi. He tries his best but he'll always be the fuckup brother.

*prays FUBAR never runs into any Jets fans*

We, uh, can be a bit annoying. But our team sucks so hopefully less overtly so. God help us all if this fanbase gets any success though.

I have met plenty of Jets fans. And 99% of them have been awesome. Hell, my girlfriend is a Jets fan. She's from Byfuglien's hometown and her dad is friends with him. I've met lots of good, knowledgeable fans that are humble beyond belief when it comes to having an NHL franchise again. I hope to make it up to Winnipeg soon enough to catch a game. Tickets are damn expensive though.

The only guy I didn't like was at a gas station here in North Dakota. He saw me wearing a Wild hat, called me a faggot, gave me the bird, and then peeled out in some huge truck blasting heavy metal. wtf.

Oilers fans, on the other hand - I stress that this is coming from those that I have met in real life, roughly 10-15 people - seem like they have no brains, are more biased than I thought possible, and are just incredibly dickish in every way. /shrug

EDIT: lol at this picture. Sums up Edmonton perfectly:
BeJxfNmIEAA2oC9.jpg:large

zedge

Oilers fans, on the other hand - I stress that this is coming from those that I have met in real life, roughly 10-15 people - seem like they have no brains, are more biased than I thought possible, and are just incredibly dickish in every way. /shrug

You sure those were not Canuck fans? ;)

You sure those were not Canuck fans? ;)

I've only met two Canucks fans in real life, as far as I know. They were both okay. A middle age-ish couple at a restaurant in St Paul. The lady was kind of a bitch and the guy seemed to think he was hot stuff but they both seemed to know what was going on with the game of hockey.

Oh, and:
#mnwild is 457-400-143 through 1,000 games, including a 267-159-75 home record. Most wins? Versus Oilers (42)
:lol

calder

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but the Jets seem to be playing much better. The passing seems to have more direction to it and the game as a whole that they have been playing has been improved.

Granted, Calgary is hardly some powerhouse team, but I've seen the Jets play absolutely atrocious against "worse" (Standing-wise) teams before and it's nice to see them come together like this. The 3rd is coming though, so for all I know, Calgary could launch some offensive assault and destroy us, so caution is the name of the game still.

Yeah, same. I don't want to go crazy or anything because most teams show more fire and energy after a coaching change, but there are some encouraging signs. Some of the ppl I follow on twitter who know systems a lot better than I ever will have noticed some basic changes to the Jets breakouts and gaps. So who knows, let's hope it lasts.

And definitely it's easier to incorporate new ideas against a weaker team that's struggling besides, like the Coyotes and now Flames. But we've seen the Jets play their absolute worst hockey against the (few) teams they meet that are less talented than they are that's for damn sure.

LOL kinda like that sloppy opening to a period. Maurice apparently doesn't have the magic ability to make the team not sleepwalk through the first minute of periods.

I have met plenty of Jets fans. And 99% of them have been awesome. Hell, my girlfriend is a Jets fan. She's from Byfuglien's hometown and her dad is friends with him.

Well that's good to hear. :)

Erdrick

Nice response to the Flames goal. Man... Trouba and Scheifele sure are fitting in great and turning out quite well for their rookie years.

calder

Nice response to the Flames goal. Man... Trouba and Scheifele sure are fitting in great and turning out quite well for their rookie years.

Yep, especially considering Trouba missed a month with that neck injury.

@OfficialJetFuel: Mark Scheifele (7G 18A) is currently 4th in Rookie scoring. Jacob Trouba (5 G 9A) is tied for 20th in Rookie scoring #NHLJets

calder

"Well you see why.. the Canadian people picked Matt Duchene"

Fun fact: part of the reason the Oly announcement was so important here was that all Canadians vote on the starting roster during a secret nation wide referendum held at midnight on New Years.

fallout

I know it's only the Coyotes and Flames, but man
... the Jets are scoring goals and not letting many in. Like calder said, it's like that thing that's the opposite of shame.

I look forward to being dragged back to reality when the new coach smell wears off.

Top Bottom