• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's what happens when the GM is close friend with the coach. He'll never get fired.
? They weren't close friends before the hiring, and don't seem like it now. Therrien has a bit of a leash because of what he accomplished last season.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
? They weren't close friends before the hiring, and don't seem like it now. Therrien has a bit of a leash because of what he accomplished last season.

They are close friends, when Bergevin was on l'Antichambe with Therrien (before the season started last year, and I think before Therrien was chosen), he held his hand and they were both crying, when Bergevin talked about his deceased father. Heck they guys on l'AC even commented on that saying they felt it was likely Therrien would be picked because of their relation.

So they were at least friends, it wasn't a random AC guy sitting next to him and holding his hand.

pringles

Didn't Laich used to be good? Also Cleary has more time than Helm, around 7 minutes, and in that time he has been on the ice for 3 goals and got a penalty on the power play. I don't think you realize just how bad he is.
..annnnnd that's goal #4 that Cleary is on the ice for

And a Hawks PP. Yep, the Wings are predictably giving the Hawks this game.

Didn't Laich used to be good? Also Cleary has more time than Helm, around 7 minutes, and in that time he has been on the ice for 3 goals and got a penalty on the power play. I don't think you realize just how bad he is.

He only has one year left though.

Brooks destroyed his groin in Switzerland.

Red_Man

comeatmegoalie.gif

Can't believe the refs wouldn't let them go.

pringles

I feel bad for Helm... Getting stuck with Bert and Cleary and they're all -3.
Helm hasn't exactly been Selke caliber tonight. That line just doesn't work. Anytime Helm gets caught up ice the Hawks have a 3 against 2 or 4 against 2 rush because Bert and Cleary are slower than everyone else on the ice.

I can't believe we managed to get at least a point, never thought that would happen. Don't see them winning in OT, especially if it goes to a SO, but we got a point.

Red_Man

After the Emery situation, they probably directed the refs to prevent goaltender fights until they likely pass a new rule outlawing them altogether.
I understand them being more hesitant, but it's Buadj & Fleury, it's not like they're heavy weights.

pringles

Oh great, a shootout. Hawks have way too many guys who can score.
I'll be shocked if they don't score on all their attempts. Gustavsson is bad in shootouts to start with, and he's been way off his game tonight.

Meanwhile, Tatar can maybe score in a shootout...and... that's about it.

Top Bottom