• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

Seriously, where the heck has this team been? That was the team I know and love to watch, you know that one that is actually entertaining. Please show up more often.

What a game though, Hawks Wings usually are pretty good no matter what.

pringles

Seriously, where the heck has this team been? That was the team I know and love to watch, you know that one that is actually entertaining. Please show up more often.

What a game though, Hawks Wings usually are pretty good no matter what.
It makes a pretty huge difference when Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson aren't each dragging down a line. Now Sammy's out and Cleary and Bert were on the same line, leaving us with 3 functioning formations. Now imagine removing those two and inserting Datsyuk and Franzen. That would start to look like a team.

It makes a pretty huge difference when Cleary, Bertuzzi and Samuelsson aren't each dragging down a line. Now Sammy's out and Cleary and Bert were on the same line, leaving us with 3 functioning formations. Now imagine removing those two and inserting Datsyuk and Franzen. That would start to look like a team.

Dare I say.... HOPE!!! The only problem is actually getting everyone back healthy. Oh, we also didn't have any new injuries today! PROGRESS!!!

Stasis

Where are you watching this? Is it out now?

Tomorrow 9pm EST on CBC in Canada. It aired in the US already tonight... 11pm.

Or anytime after like 12:30am I'm pretty sure it can be found somewhere, somehow.

edit:
If you do those naughty things that I don't do.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is Therrien fired yet?

Damn that shortened season for giving him some leeway, things were heading in the wrong direction already by the end, and caught up with him in the playoffs. Now we're stuck with him for this season, and three players will carry this team to a decent to good finish, giving him another season.

By then we'll have to promote shitty Lefebvre.

Socreges

Banned
Loved Fleury doing his best "HOLD ME BACK, HOLD ME BACK" impression last night as he feebly skated toward Budaj

Smart guy. At best, an injured hand. More likely, a concussion and a mangled face

Acid08

Banned
Hey dstrdl a koala named Canberra is moving into my Animal Crossing village. We don't want none of your fuckin' refugees here.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
K I can't sleep, I'm thinking of ideas for end-season NHL-GAF awards. So far I've got:

Basic awards:

Gif of the Year Award
MVP (best overall poster)
Rookie of the year
Post of the year

Special awards:

Sidney Crosby Award for biggest whiner
CrazedArabMan Memorial Trophy for biggest meltdown*
Tabris Sadly-Not-Memorial Trophy for biggest delusion
Bubble Award for biggest ban evasion
Lower Body Injury Survival Trophy for best team captain
Salt on the Ice Trophy for saltiest NHL-GAF poster

*to be awarded to CrazedArabMan until he retires or dies, whichever comes first

... K I'm too tired now to judge whether these make sense or to think up more.

RC

Banned
K I can't sleep, I'm thinking of ideas for end-season NHL-GAF awards. So far I've got:

Basic awards:

Gif of the Year Award
Rookie of the year
Post of the year

Special awards:

Can the award ceremony be hosted by Ron McLean?

Socreges

Banned

Basic awards:

Gif of the Year Award
Rookie of the year
Post of the year

Special awards:

They make perfect sense. You should think up more. Hundreds more. Don't go to sleep.

That Tabris award is meaningless for obvious reasons but also because he'll always win it. Every fucking time. No matter what.

edit: Also, no Varlamov jokes? Acid will be disappointed.

Acid Trophy for deepest cutting post.

Socreges

Banned
Acid08 Award for Greatest Unholy Alliance
Greekboy Award for Best Performance by an Alt in a Supporting Role
MikeWorks Award for Most Elevated Discussion

Montresor

I'm bored. Working an 11pm to 7am shift at work. I made this thread over at HF. Please laugh at me and ridicule me... hahaha.

----------

Here are my ideal Stanley Cup playoffs:

Round 1: Toronto defeats Boston Bruins in 7 games

Toronto redeems themselves for last year's game 7 collapse. They exorcise the Bruins demons once and for all. Phil Kessel scores 4 goals and 4 assists in the series.

Round 2: Toronto defeats Montreal Canadiens in 5 games

Toronto with home ice advantage. Toronto wins the first three games. Game three ends with epic fights. Gallagher vs Kadri. Phaneuf vs. Subban. Lupul vs Moen. McLaren vs Gorges. Orr vs Bourque. Gleason vs Prust. Montreal is absolutely bloodied. Toronto loses game four in Montreal, and the Gazette's front page headline says "Espoir". In game 5, Gallagher then gets a 2-minute minor in overtime for embellishment, and Kadri ends up scoring the overtime winner in the ensuing power play to advance the Leafs to the conference finals for the first time since 2002.

Round 3: Toronto defeats Pittsburgh Penguins in 4 games

Phaneuf shuts down Crosby. Phaneuf finishes the series with 29 minutes of ice time per game on average and a +2 rating . Crosby finishes the series with 1 goal, 1 assist, and a -3. Fleury implodes again in the playoffs and has a 3.87 GAA while Bernier shuts the door and records three shutouts in this 4-game sweep.

Round 4: Toronto defeats Vancouver Canucks in 7 games

Vancouver with home ice advantage. Vancouver wins the first three games of the series and Team 1040 radio starts planning the Cup parade around the Rocky Mountains. Then Toronto wins game 4 in overtime. Leafs fans go crazy. Vancouver bloggers say "Don't worry, we got this."

Then Toronto wins game 5 in overtime again at the Rogers Centre. The Vancouver fans in the arena let out a collective gasp. They don't want to admit it, but they are feeling the heat. Team 1040 hand waves the issue and says they just need to double shift the Sedin line with another winger in order to secure a game 6 victory.

Game six is in Toronto. In game 6, the game is tied 1-1, and Henrik Sedin is all alone on a breakaway with 1 minute left in the third period. Bernier pulls a Tim Thomas and launches out of his crease and concusses Henrik Sedin with a clean shoulder check. Phaneuf retrieves the puck and makes a cross-ice pass to send Clarkson on a breakaway. Clarkson pulls off the Peter Forsberg inside-outside dangle and scores. Vancouver pulls their goalie and Bernier scores an empty netter. Gardiner Expressway traffic slows to a crawl - it takes 4+ hours for people to get home.

In game 7, in Vancouver, the Leafs go up 5-0 quickly in the first period and chase Luongo out of the net. Leafs throw out goon line and McClement line for the rest of the game, because Carlyle has class and won't run up the score. Even though the game is in Vancouver, half the arena is filled with Leafs fans, so you can audibly hear the crowd count down from 10, 9, 8, .... 3, 2, 1 and then the ending buzzer sounds.

Kessel wins the Conn Smythe.

Top Bottom