• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Beaulieu is doing good. Hasn't played long enough under Therrien it seems.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Subban can't get anything going tonight.
He's been pretty bad these past few games, but has also played with every single other defenseman through each game. Hard to get anything going when you're paired with guys like Murray / Bouillion

Beaulieu is doing good. Hasn't played long enough under Therrien it seems.
Beaulieu looks great, needs to play in the top 4.

Just to give Senator fans a heads up, I picked up Lehner for my fantasy team for tomorrow, so you guys can just go ahead and pencil in a loss.

calder

The oilers should be contracted. I can barely even enjoy their level of shittiness, it's just sad. The thought of that franchise getting another #1 overall is sickening.

Red_Man

Just like Davey Clarkson eh
Won't be surprise if I wake up to a Pactioretty and 2nd pick for Clarkson trade tomorrow. Need to shake this club up, bring in more grit and character.

Bilingual coaches dont grow on trees brah.
Boucher is sitting at home playing scrabble, and has experience with most of this team from the Bulldogs. It's pretty obvious.

Red_Man

This is comparing the year Therrien got fired with the Pens to this season with the Habs, look familiar?

qSk2h5R.png

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Attn Habs: that stretch pass hasn't worked in the last 58inutes but keep plugging away, I'm sure you're due.

I missed the game tonight(thankfully), but that is literally Therrien's entire game plan.

They have no defensive system, no breakout play, absolutely zero neutral zone plan. Their only play is passing it up the ice as far as you can. Then he dresses guys like Murray and Bouillon who can't pass at all, along with Gorges already.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If a Predators player scores 4 times in a game against the Flames, does anyone notice?

Red_Man

So if Habs get Boucher they will be boring Eastern teams with the 1-3-1? can't wait.
Most of Boucher's teams have scored quite a bit, people forget about the kind of team he had with Tampa and the goalies he had. Give him a Price and Subban, and I think he could push this team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So if Habs get Boucher they will be boring Eastern teams with the 1-3-1? can't wait.

I agree with Red, I don't think the team would be boring to watch. I think they'd be a transition team though, so you'd still see a lot of neutral zone play. When they have the puck they'd be great to watch I think, no shitty dump and chase.

ZeroGravity

Boucher's 1-3-1 was pretty overblown. He didn't use it as often as people made it out to be, and the primary reason he used it was to compensate for the fact that Tampa had garbage defense and goaltending.

Montreal has much more overall to work with. He'd be a good fit.

Red_Man

Boucher's 1-3-1 was pretty overblown. He didn't use it as often as people made it out to be, and the primary reason he used it was to compensate for the fact that Tampa had garbage defense and goaltending.

Montreal has much more overall to work with. He'd be a good fit.
Exactly. Montreal is a fast team with a lot of small guys, and Therrien has them playing dump and chase, grinding hockey. It's bullshit, they need to be playing a fast, transition game. Boucher is smart enough to know they can't win with grind it out hockey.

Caps have lost 7 in a row. Fire Oates? Trade everyone?
Montreal to the rescue!

Top Bottom