• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
YOU GET A GOAL

AND YOU GET A GOAL

EEEEVERYBODY GETS A GOAL

EDIT: oh my god Luongo what was that....

I hear the Caps need a good leader, someone who can inspire the boys in between periods with one of his rousing speeches.

Sorry bro.

We already have the talk twins.

sgrVU3i.jpg

Erdrick

Jets have 2 shots after 30 minutes played

Yet the rare chances that we have had have been close. But Chicago is nearly totally dominating this game. I'm glad that Montoya has been as good as he has been so far. Otherwise we'd be losing 7-0. As it is, at least the Jets still have a chance. Even if we lose 1-0, that's respectable to lose to the Hawks that way.

Yet the rare chances that we have had have been close. But Chicago is nearly totally dominating this game. I'm glad that Montoya has been as good as he has been so far. Otherwise we'd be losing 7-0. As it is, at least the Jets still have a chance. Even if we lose 1-0, that's respectable to lose to the Hawks that way.
Montoya has been great. Tie game now

Smiley90

Two own goals this game now, ugh.

That's what, our 5th or 6th own goal this january? jesus.

Smiley90

On the 3 powerplays the Canucks have had this game, the Coyotes have more GOALS than we have SHOTS.

How much worse can our powerplay get.

Erdrick

Wheeler again! What a comeback, with our backup goalie on a back-to-back game. I'm very impressed by this team since Maurice took over.

Smiley90

This game is fucking weird.

Canucks have 4 goals on 12 shots, SUCK IT MIKE SMITH.

SUCK ITTTTTTTTT

Erdrick

This is why I laughed last night when some of the CBC cronies were saying how the Jets should go for Reimer. (LOLno) Pavelec seems alive again since Maurice has come and Montoya has just flatout been outstanding for us, especially since he is our backup. And for $600 001 dollars a year? A bargain for sure. He's well earned a new contract with us come the offseason.

Next up is Nashville here on Tuesday. Time for the boys to rest up and prepare for another tough game. We can't afford to take any opponent lightly at this point.

Merguson

Banned
98 points in 47 games for Connor Brown in the OHL. Jesus. Next guy has 84 points.

I don't think his offensive game will translate well but at least it's fun to follow along.

calder

This is why I laughed last night when some of the CBC cronies were saying how the Jets should go for Reimer. (LOLno) Pavelec seems alive again since Maurice has come and Montoya has just flatout been outstanding for us, especially since he is our backup. And for $600 001 dollars a year? A bargain for sure. He's well earned a new contract with us come the offseason.

Next up is Nashville here on Tuesday. Time for the boys to rest up and prepare for another tough game. We can't afford to take any opponent lightly at this point.
I have no problem resigning Monty and think he's worth a lot more than minimum salary BUT I feel like Pavs is truly a poor #1 goalie. He's overpaid and it's not like he's a young talent about to hit his prime, this IS his prime and his prime is not good. Sure he'd have better numbers if the Jets had a better roster and/or better team D but that's not why Pavs gives up terrible goals in so many games. He's just inherently too inconsistent to be the starter on a playoff caliber team.

Sadly I think we're stuck with Pavs for the remainder of his contract - 3 more years at 4 million ugh. I'd love another goalie to come in while we wait to see if anyone in the system is a true NHL starter, hopefully someone before Comrie is ready lol. Maybe not Reimer though, although I enjoy joking about "Double Agent" James as much as the next guy lol. There's guys in the Finnish Elite League who'd be an upgrade I bet.

Erdrick

I have no problem resigning Monty and think he's worth a lot more than minimum salary BUT I feel like Pavs is truly a poor #1 goalie. He's overpaid and it's not like he's a young talent about to hit his prime, this IS his prime and his prime is not good. Sure he'd have better numbers if the Jets had a better roster and/or better team D but that's not why Pavs gives up terrible goals in so many games. He's just inherently too inconsistent to be the starter on a playoff caliber team.

Sadly I think we're stuck with Pavs for the remainder of his contract - 3 more years at 4 million ugh. I'd love another goalie to come in while we wait to see if anyone in the system is a true NHL starter, hopefully someone before Comrie is ready lol. Maybe not Reimer though, although I enjoy joking about "Double Agent" James as much as the next guy lol. There's guys in the Finnish Elite League who'd be an upgrade I bet.

There is just not a lot else available to us right now that I think would be an upgrade from Pavs. To be fair, he has been better lately, but I agree, he's just not a top calibre goalie that we need to keep us in the push to the playoffs. (Not that we are anywhere near that these days.)

How was the game last night? What section were you in? Any beer get spilled on you?

calder

There is just not a lot else available to us right now that I think would be an upgrade from Pavs. To be fair, he has been better lately, but I agree, he's just not a top calibre goalie that we need to keep us in the push to the playoffs. (Not that we are anywhere near that these days.)

How was the game last night? What section were you in? Any beer get spilled on you?
It was pretty awesome. We were in the nosebleeds in section 323, near a bunch of Leaf fans but luckily not *too* close. We had the best angle possible on Kessel's tying goal, and holy shit was that a perfect shot. He was so clearly the most talented and fastest guy on the ice, it's going to be rough on Leaf fans when the TO media drives him out of town (I kid! But you know Cox still wants to I'm sure :p).

Erdrick

It was pretty awesome. We were in the nosebleeds in section 323, near a bunch of Leaf fans but luckily not *too* close. We had the best angle possible on Kessel's tying goal, and holy shit was that a perfect shot. He was so clearly the most talented and fastest guy on the ice, it's going to be rough on Leaf fans when the TO media drives him out of town (I kid! But you know Cox still wants to I'm sure :p).

I'm usually in 316. I prefer the crowds in the upper levels to the lower ones, as they are more full of energy/alcohol. Gone to about 8 games so far this year. Best ones being the Wings and Coyotes games, although the Devils game where Monty got his shutout was nice. Gonna kind of suck that after Friday there is no hockey here until the... 27th of Feb when the Coyotes return. I absolutely love going to Jets games and wouldn't trade it for any other event in the world. Plus I'm making up for some 15/16 years of NHL withdrawal. I'm possibly heading to Chicago in August. A shame I couldn't go when the Hawks would be playing. Would love to be at a Hawks/Jets game there.

Smiley90

I'm happy we're not even trying the 2F2D tactic for OT anymore. 3F1D or 4F please, we'll lose the SO anyway.

Smiley90

WOOOOOOOOOOO JUICE

WOOOO SMITH ANGRY SMITH SLASH

WOOOOOOOOOOO BIEKSA

Thank god no shootout.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
YOU GET A GOAL

AND YOU GET A GOAL

EEEEVERYBODY GETS A GOAL

EDIT: oh my god Luongo what was that....

This game is fucking weird.

Canucks have 4 goals on 12 shots, SUCK IT MIKE SMITH.

SUCK ITTTTTTTTT

YOU GET A GOAL

AND YOU GET A GOAL

AGAIN, EVERYONE GETS A GOAL

Vermette hattrick.

WOOOOOOOOOOO JUICE

WOOOO SMITH ANGRY SMITH SLASH

WOOOOOOOOOOO BIEKSA

Thank god no shootout.
Drunk on a Sunday Smiley?

Top Bottom