• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Acid08

Banned
I remember when it was Cow=Sony fan, Lemming=Xbox fan, Sheep=Nintendo fan, and Hermit=PC fan. That was when console wars were really fun.

Man I need to read the gaming side more I guess. I have seen people call people fanboys or console warriors but I dont know any insult for Sony/Nintendo fans.

Heretic

Man I need to read the gaming side more I guess. I have seen people call people fanboys or console warriors but I dont know any insult for Sony/Nintendo fans.
I only know of SDF or Cockroaches (based on that japan thread a while back), or Xbots and Xboners. Don't know of any Nintendo ones.

And now I instantly know there is Broncos/MLP fan art somewhere. Probably in that NFL thread.
I don't even want to know lol

Side note and completely irrelevant: Now that I know Payton will be back next season, I'll siding with Seattle.

Socreges

Banned
I remember when it was Cow=Sony fan, Lemming=Xbox fan, Sheep=Nintendo fan, and Hermit=PC fan. That was when console wars were really fun.
I'm pretty sure this was never actually happened. I'm pretty sure this was just a dream of yours.

Also lol at there being sides.
People readily admit to being diehard Flyers fans. Not sure why yourself, SCHUEY and Heretic can't admit to being huge apologists/fans for the Xbox. *shrug* Embrace that shit and all its struggles.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I fucking love Lemmings

And now I instantly know there is Broncos/MLP fan art somewhere. Probably in that NFL thread.

You do realize there's NHL/MLP fanart too, right? There's a STL fan with an avatar, too,

Samyy

Okay I've never heard of Nintendrones before
19&21 there is probably some MLP version of Landeskog waiting out there on the internet for you.

Heretic

I'm pretty sure this was never actually happened. I'm pretty sure this was just a dream of yours.

People readily admit to being diehard Flyers fans. Not sure why yourself, SCHUEY and Heretic can't admit to being huge apologists/fans for the Xbox. *shrug* Embrace that shit and all its struggles.
We simply don't care. Also, Yankee is a multiconsole owner. I'll eventually get one when there are games worth getting (The Last Guardian) and I'm positive Schuey will too. This whole frame rate, graphics drama is just that, drama.

I've heard Nintendrones on the gaming side.
Interesting. Never heard this one.

Socreges

Banned
I only know of SDF or Cockroaches (based on that japan thread a while back), or Xbots and Xboners. Don't know of any Nintendo ones.
I used to post on a message board called "Nintendorks" back in the late 90s. Then it shut down and I moved to GAF (before it was known as GAF).

I think detroit fans have the least to complain about given the wings' performance for the last two decades. They could use a year sitting and watching the playoffs!

SDlok.gif

You do realize you have just made enemies with someone you don't want as your enemy right? Prepare for a war you will not win.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I'm a fan of the console and have enjoyed it a lot so far. Why should I apologize?? I'm too old for this shit, "literally".

People root for teams because they have a geographical connection to that team. I am a Flyers fan because I grew up in Philly and my mom/dad were huge flyers fans when I was growing up. I have no connection at all to any of the for profit corporations that make the plastic boxes that I enjoy using. I buy every console/handheld that comes out and I enjoy them all. The idea that someone who doesnt praise sony constantly is a fanboy of one of the other companies is just baffling to me. All 3 companies have exclusives that are worth playing and that is why I have all 3 consoles already.

Heretic

People root for teams because they have a geographical connection to that team. I am a Flyers fan because I grew up in Philly and my mom/dad were huge flyers fans when I was growing up. I have no connection at all to any of the for profit corporations that make the plastic boxes that I enjoy using. I buy every console/handheld that comes out and I enjoy them all. The idea that someone who doesnt praise sony constantly is a fanboy of one of the other companies is just baffling to me. All 3 companies have exclusives that are worth playing and that is why I have all 3 consoles already.

"Soon to be a daddy" Yankee and I share the same sentiment.

"Soon to be a daddy" Yankee and I share the same sentiment.

Yeah just 2 more months, man the wait is brutal. We finished her room a week or so ago and I constantly find myself looking in there just waiting till she is home with us. 9 months really does feel like an eternity.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder where Detroit would be if they were in the West. My best guess is fighting for 10th spot with the Jets?

Socreges

Banned
yankeehater, I may have confused you with someone else. Sorry for grouping you with Heretic/Schuey

SCHUEY F1 said:
I'm a fan of the console and have enjoyed it a lot so far. Why should I apologize?? I'm too old for this shit, "literally".
I don't think you take my meaning.

We simply don't care. Also, Yankee is a multiconsole owner. I'll eventually get one when there are games worth getting (The Last Guardian) and I'm positive Schuey will too. This whole frame rate, graphics drama is just that, drama.
Well, yeah. Caring about XB1 issues would make your passion for the console/company irreconcilable.

Sorry for stirring the pot, guys. Wasn't my intention.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah just 2 more months, man the wait is brutal. We finished her room a week or so ago and I constantly find myself looking in there just waiting till she is home with us. 9 months really does feel like an eternity.

Will she be raised an Xbot, that's the question, :lol

Heretic

I'm so excited for you! I really am! I hope one day I get to bring an xbot a child into this world. Make her a Ducks fan :)

Edit: Schuey beat me to a similar joke :(

Samyy

I feel like performance is a perfectly okay metric on which to measure a console, it obviously factors into purchasing decisions of all types of devices - don't know why it should be completely brushed off.

Not saying that its the only thing to consider obviously.

Again MS should have just embraced the fact that the console is weaker and focused on the "experience" from the start instead of having an exec come on forums and trying to downplay benchmarks and promise that there wouldn't be a performance advantage.

Heretic

I feel like performance is a perfectly okay metric on which to measure a console, it obviously factors into purchasing decisions of all types of devices - don't know why it should be completely brushed off.

Not saying that its the only thing to consider obviously.

Again MS should have just embraced the fact that the console is weaker and focused on the "experience" from the start instead of having an exec come on forums and trying to downplay benchmarks and promise that there wouldn't be a performance advantage.

I don't disagree with you and it should be taken into consideration by multiconsole owners on which version to get but if you only have one, if it bothers you, don't get the game. I'm not going to sit here and cry about the low frame rate or resolution when I can simply look at the game and decide whether it's fun or not. It's mainly the hyperbole that grates me and the fact that almost every thread goes down the shitter. I agree that the focus should be on what makes the consoles great and I personally think the XOne has more to offer.

The games don't stop being fun because they're not 1080p/60fps.

I will hurt you, just because we are suicide bro's doesn't mean we can't become enemies.
The suicide pacted will never and can't ever be broken! We can become enemies but that packed will always be there!

Socreges

Banned
b144HB_lg.png

He should have had sections on sports and video games.

Many people make up their minds before they even know anything about these consoles (fair enough, maybe they just have a strong attachment to Halo, for example). All news after that point, to oversimplify, goes through this filter where good information is very good and bad information is inaccurate or unimportant.

God damn that dool is the stuff of nightmares SCHUEY, I wouldnt want that thing in my house.

I have no idea about gender neutral stuff, my wife hates pink so we didnt do that, and most of the stuff in my house is either green or orange so I figured get her started early with that stuff. Cant risk her becoming a Cowboys fan, since they are all over in Vegas.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nilan on OTR is blaming the team, not Therrien. He even says Therrien is getting more out of this team than he should be, I'm worried Bergevin thinks the same way. Of course they're all blaming it on the size of the team, ignoring the fact that their biggest player is the worst by far.

Acid08

Banned
Nilan on OTR is blaming the team, not Therrien. He even says Therrien is getting more out of this team than he should be, I'm worried Bergevin thinks the same way. Of course they're all blaming it on the size of the team, ignoring the fact that their biggest player is the worst by far.

.....what?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but the Habs having a big player who's bad doesn't negate an argument that your team could use more size. All big players aren't bad.

Yeah, we do need bigger players with skill, lots of guys are playing like shit though or are more or less done (see Briere and Gio).

Curufinwe

Flyers wives and girlfriends at the carnival yesterday.

825069g2uwrO1390856145.jpg

75 Gill
22 LSchenn
37 Rosehill
76 Vandevelde
28 Giroux
24 Read
26 Gustafsson
36 Rinaldo
93 Voracek
8 Grossmann
18 Hall