• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
To clarify: Stewart is a talented goalscorer that is an absolute fucking bum in every other part of the game considering his size. He excels against bad teams that give him ample space, and he'll do far better in the East than the West, just don't expect any defensive capabilities in the slightest.

He always shows up against the Habs, and every game I've seen him play he's been involved. I knew there were issues with his compete level, but I thought that was just overblown media stuff like most of it, but I guess not.

He still does more than Bourque, but he does make more than I thought he did. I'd take a bigger, meaner(sometimes?) Briere on this team in a second/third line role.

Solo

Habs have tons of problems. Therrien is certainly one of the major factors, but replacing him with Boucher or whoever won't suddenly make our D any less suspect or increase team toughness.

- Habs D is really soft and small and has been for years. I truly believe its been our single biggest issue for 5+ years now.
- Our "star" scorer can only score with one centre (DD)
- Said centre is absolute dogshit without Pacioretty (its like a chicken and the egg kinda thing)
- You just never know which Price is going to show up. He's either standing on his head and unbeatable, or giving away goals like Forza giving away rimjobs in a Tim Hortons bathroom
- Eller has shown that same kind of inconsistency. He has these games where he looks fucking LEGIT, then he'll go silent for 10 games
- AGally and BGally are both going to be studs, I have no doubt about that, but both are having sophomore slumps and are a few years away from being primetime players
- Secondary scoring is once again non-existant
- The one guy almost everyone (myself included) was ready to trade, Plekanec, has been by far our best and most valuable player
- etc.

The Habs' issues are numerous and none are quick fixes.

Parenteau for Bourque would be fucking stupid, first of all. Second of all Roy and Sakic are pretty up front about shit so when Roy says he's sitting a guy because he needs to work on conditioning I'm inclined to believe him. It'd be one thing if he refused to comment on the situation.

Solo

Who the fuck is CBoat?

For reference, the only game I played last year was TLoU (which was amazing, but my point is I'm basically done with gaming), so I'm out of the loop.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs have tons of problems. Therrien is certainly one of the major factors, but replacing him with Boucher or whoever won't suddenly make our D any less suspect or increase team toughness.

- Habs D is really soft and small and has been for years. I truly believe its been our single biggest issue for 5+ years now.
- Our "star" scorer can only score with one centre (DD)
- Said centre is absolute dogshit without Pacioretty (its like a chicken and the egg kinda thing)
- You just never know which Price is going to show up. He's either standing on his head and unbeatable, or giving away goals like Forza giving away rimjobs in a Tim Hortons bathroom
- Eller has shown that same kind of inconsistency. He has these games where he looks fucking LEGIT, then he'll go silent for 10 games
- AGally and BGally are both going to be studs, I have no doubt about that, but both are having sophomore slumps and are a few years away from being primetime players
- Secondary scoring is once again non-existant
- The one guy almost everyone (myself included) was ready to trade, Plekanec, has been by far our best and most valuable player
- etc.

The Habs' issues are numerous and none are quick fixes.

Defense can be fixed by ousting Bouillon and Murray. Red posted some good D pairings a couple games back.

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz

I think less minutes, easier competition, and playing on his natural side will "fix" Emelin. Diaz is still a good puck mover, which we need back there. Beaulieu and Gorges isn't perfect, and would get exposed by top lines, but they'd be solid enough. Therrien should also tell PK and Emelin that it's okay to throw big hits, I don't know why they've both stopped.

Pateryn, Ellis, and Tinordi are all better than Murray/Bouillon, and could play in the number 6 position if Diaz is too soft.

Solo

Defense can be fixed by ousting Bouillon and Murray. Red posted some good D pairings a couple games back.

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz

I think less minutes, easier competition, and playing on his natural side will "fix" Emelin. Diaz is still a good puck mover, which we need back there. Beaulieu and Gorges isn't perfect, and would get exposed by top lines, but they'd be solid enough. Therrien should also tell PK and Emelin that it's okay to throw big hits, I don't know why they've both stopped.

Pateryn, Ellis, and Tinordi are all better than Murray/Bouillon, and could play in the number 6 position if Diaz is too soft.

In all honesty I don't think I'll be happy until Gorges, Diaz, Murray and Boullion are gone.

Subban-XXX (I do think we're eventually gping to have to trade or overpay a UFA here; it will be fucking ages if we wait for another homegrown guy to develop into a top pairing guy)
Emelin-XXX (maybe Beaulieu or Tinordi)
XXX (Maybe Beaulieu or Tinordi) - Markov

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
In all honesty I don't think I'll be happy until Gorges, Diaz, Murray and Boullion are gone.

Subban-XXX (I do think we're eventually gping to have to trade or overpay a UFA here; it will be fucking ages if we wait for another homegrown guy to develop into a top pairing guy)
Emelin-XXX (maybe Beaulieu or Tinordi)
XXX (Maybe Beaulieu or Tinordi) - Markov

Gorges has a limited NTC, so he may be here a while, plus he's overpaid. I agree that it won't be ideal until he's gone, as he can't pass, but I think he's still solid enough, as long as he's used properly.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Whats wrong with that? If people knew who he was that would help settle the debate about if he actually had any inside info. I just saw that his big leak today was a 3 year old powerpoint.

I think he's already proven he's got some inside info. If he were identified, he'd get fired, and we'd have no more leaks from him.

Seems like any break he gets you can bet he won't even get a shot off. He's also just getting out muscled in many situations near the boards.

I feel like he usually gets away on the boards, just tries to do too much by himself.

Everytime Bordeleau is in the defensive zone I almost have a heart attack.

Samyy

Whats wrong with that? If people knew who he was that would help settle the debate about if he actually had any inside info. I just saw that his big leak today was a 3 year old powerpoint.

I'd imagine him being fired would present two problems.
1) No more leaks, and hes been fairly accurate, I'd say 70% of the time his info comes to pass.

2) He'd get fired and can't imagine it would be easy for him to find another good job after something like that.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pat Hickey said Diaz won't be here past the trade deadline and Murrya / Bouillion won't be resigned. Tinordi and Beaulieu should be up here full time next season.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Hickey said Diaz won't be here past the trade deadline and Murrya / Bouillion won't be resigned. Tinordi and Beaulieu should be up here full time next season.
Don't you wish you had Gardiner and his 'flawless flow'
ikpGimYo4NppF.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gagnon now saying that the Habs were ready to do Bourque for Parenteau, but the Av's refused not surprisingly. Dater still denies it all though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
B's are fucking up ALL comers right now. And, from the looks of it, Timmy Thomas will be making his on-ice debut at the Gahden tomorrow night. Should be fun.

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith line with 30 POINTS in the last six games

Top Bottom