• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Lehtonen gave up 4 goals on 21 shots man. I wouldn't call that outplaying anything.
Last shot went off Gonchars skate which was unfortunate and hard to see.

We had 44-21 shot on goal advantage (this is outplaying). We also won more face offs, had a few more hits, more scoring chances.

So yes we did outplay the Avs but Varly was superb.

I compliment your goalie and say good game. Take the facts and look at your team being outplayed. I'm not calling your fucking team trash and all teams have those type of games but don't fucking lie through your teeth as if your team was playing AAA class hockey and fucking give your god damn goalie credit for bailing them out. Jesus.

Edit: cherry picking? You had more giveaways.... That's how all of those attempts originated.

Last shot went off Gonchars skate which was unfortunate and hard to see.

We had 44-21 shot on goal advantage (this is outplaying). We also won more face offs, had a few more hits, more scoring chances.

So yes we did outplay the Avs but Varly was superb.

I compliment your goalie and say good game. Take the facts and look at your team being outplayed. I'm not calling your fucking team trash and all teams have those type of games but don't fucking lie through your teeth as if your team was playing AAA class hockey and fucking give your god damn goalie credit for bailing them out. Jesus.

Edit: cherry picking? You had more giveaways.... That's how all of those attempts originated.

You salty bro?

edit: Wait.. wait, I'm sorry. I can manage a compliment here.

At least the series was just 4-1. Congrats on that.

Revenant

Nice F bomb there haha

Watching LA and San Jose is always fun, love the atmosphere like the consistent booing of Dustin Brown and such. Frankly the fact that LA, SJ, and Anaheim are all so competitive this year is a real treat.

Oh Avs age. Stay douchey.

Stay free.

jbgEe3GX3hMUZb.PNG

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Nice F bomb there haha

Watching LA and San Jose is always fun, love the atmosphere like the consistent booing of Dustin Brown and such. Frankly the fact that LA, SJ, and Anaheim are all so competitive this year is a real treat.

this year? Those three teams have been competitive for quite a while now...

The only team that's really stepped up its game this year is Colorado.

SHUT THE FUCK UP SPORTSNET why the fuck would we move Horvat/Shinkaruk for Ladd. We already barely have any prospects in our system.

The only piece that gets moved, if even, is a top4 d-man or I'll get really upset with Gillis.

I'm with ya on this one, though it's really just him right now.

the fuck is up with your avatar

The only team that's really stepped up its game this year is Colorado.

SHUT THE FUCK UP SPORTSNET why the fuck would we move Horvat/Shinkaruk for Ladd. We already barely have any prospects in our system.

The only piece that gets moved, if even, is a top4 d-man or I'll get really upset with Gillis.

I'd do Shinkaruk+for Ladd.

Ladd's a stud.

Revenant

the fuck is up with your avatar

it's soc through an instagram filter for Real Pic January

and yes I'm aware they've all been good teams before this year. I just think the Ducks and sharks are better hockey teams this year than last and while the Kings are struggling at times they're still very dangerous

Smiley90

The Canucks are not one Andrew Ladd away from being a Cup competitor. They're not one anything away from being a Cup competitor.

I'd do Shinkaruk+for Ladd.

Ladd's a stud.

What Soc said. If we give up our best prospect(s) now, we'll be BOTH not a cup contender AND majorly fucked for years to come.

If we at least hold onto our prospects we can be dark horses and hopefully not be Oilers/Flames levels bad once the Sedins retire.

I got a little hyped there. I'm sorry for treating you as though you were kingslump, Turtle. It was a good game. Varlamov was a monster in the 3rd but he put us in a bad spot in the 2nd. I have mixed feelings about his performance.

I'm gonna have to get on SF4 and 10-0 19 & 21 and then post how he's free as fuck.

Anytime you're ready young blood. Except now, for I am tired.

Acid08

Banned
If we can manage to get fully healthy this year I think we could be legit contenders. Only piece I think we could use is an upgrade at LD. Need a good puck mover to play with Braun or Boyle.

Smiley90

If we can manage to get fully healthy this year I think we could be legit contenders. Only piece I think we could use is an upgrade at LD. Need a good puck mover to play with Braun or Boyle.

Edler for Hertl.

Smiley90

More like he'll shoot wide 8 times a game and then fall down on a breakaway.

So you're saying he'll end up on the Leafs like Raymond?

Though to be fair, Raymond is usually much better at shooting straight into the goalie.

Revenant

A skinny Matthew McConaughey? I'll take the compliment.

Valentines day may still be about two weeks away but I like to start my wooing early.

would have never guessed that was for true detective, but I dig that style, did they do any more work like that for the show?

Times like this make me feel like i should get HBO, what with Game of Thrones coming back and this show supposedly being outstanding.

no doubt. I certainly can't speak as an expert on the sharks but I think their roster this year is deeper and more capable than the past few years. Just a real good mixture of talent.

Oddly enough I'm actually okay with the Stars position at the moment. 30ish games left and just a few points back from Minnesota who hasn't been playing super well lately.

The Central is super competitive this season and we may have offensive tools but our D is atrocious and I'm shocked how well we have been holding as of late.

Socreges

Banned
would have never guessed that was for true detective, but I dig that style, did they do any more work like that for the show?

Times like this make me feel like i should get HBO, what with Game of Thrones coming back and this show supposedly being outstanding
It's from a magazine article, IIRC.

HBO also has Veep coming up in March. Awesome show.

Revenant

It's from a magazine article, IIRC.

HBO also has Veep coming up in March. Awesome show.

Heard good things as well, at the moment I've just been using friends to mooch off them during spring for GOT like a drug addict. Boardwalk Empire is a good time as well, though I'm way behind there. Hmmm If HBO Go had Curb Your Enthusiasm archived it might be worth it.

Top Bottom