• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rask is now 1-9-1 against Montreal, can we please get Boston in the playoffs?

Disadvantages of owning both BGally and Patches in fantasy: They play for Montreal.
You mean the team that will be tied with Vancouver tonight for points?

Vman

P9lBtq9.jpg

Red_Man

Bourque has looked great tonight, hopefully one of the 14 scouts at the game is fooled into taking him.

Are you still going to keep suggesting I'm foolish for criticizing Rask?
Until he stops being a Vezina candidate, and top goalie in the league, yes.

I turned it on right as Minnesota scored, bad for my mood, good for my fantasy team.

The rumor that Parenteau+prospects would go to the Candadiens for Subban is worse than the rumor that Montreal turned down a PAP for Bourque trade.

Red_Man

You believe a Vezina candidate has no right to be criticized, regardless of any poor performances following?
Of course not, but you make him sound like a sieve, and one of the worst goalies in the league on a constant basis. Every goalie has teams they struggle against, same with Price and Toronto.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You believe a Vezina candidate has no right to be criticized, regardless of any poor performances following?

How have his numbers been since losing Mcquaid and Seidenberg?

I'd probably have to look at some advanced stats to see how much his team affects his numbers.

Red_Man

Budaj has surprised me, I was afraid he was going to shit the bed since he hasn't looked so hot his last few starts, but either did the rest of the team in front of him.

Sanjuro

Of course not, but you make him sound like a sieve, and one of the worst goalies in the league on a constant basis. Every goalie has teams they struggle against, same with Price and Toronto.

I understand goaltenders struggle, but with Rask it has been a reoccurring history. He is responsible for a Stanley Cup defeat, almost blowing the series against the Maple Leafs, and has the biggest choke job in NHL history on his resume.

He lets in soft goals. He can look brilliant often, doesn't help him when he gives away easy victories.

How have his numbers been since losing Mcquaid and Seidenberg?

I'd probably have to look at some advanced stats to see how much his team affects his numbers.

Not great. It's hard to pinpoint it on the defenders. He just hasn't been having a stellar 2014 outside of a select few games.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
34 shots so far means there's no question Budaj did great. Glad to see Brière and Emelin score one too.

Eller has to wake up:/

Sanjuro

Budaj has surprised me, I was afraid he was going to shit the bed since he hasn't looked so hot his last few starts, but either did the rest of the team in front of him.

I think Budaj is closer to Price competitively than some people like to believe.

Boods can have a good game when it makes no sense for him to. I honestly miss having him as a backup sometimes, that Raycroft/Boods fiasco though.. jesus christ what a year.

Budaj could be ridiculously good down the stretch of a season, he helped us in the playoff hunt a couple years.

Red_Man

Waite's work on both Price and Budaj is obvious, and Budaj is a perfect back up, but he doesn't have it in him to be a 60+ game guy period. 20 games or so? He's great, perfect role for him.

Sanjuro

That's because you only watch Budaj play Boston.

No. I see Budaj play and he looks stellar for a reserve. He could arguably front a good portion of teams in this league at the moment.

Again, the distance from Montreal to Boston isn't "thousands and thousands of miles away". We have pretty good coverage of the Habs.

Sanjuro

dat win!

Also, watched the first 2 eps of True Detective. So good. Will watch the other one tomorrow.

The pilot episode remains probably the greatest introduction to a series I've ever seen. The following episodes are pretty great as well.

Next gen needs to get off it's fucking ass and make HBO Go available once again.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
dat win!

Also, watched the first 2 eps of True Detective. So good. Will watch the other one tomorrow.

I get the feeling you don't watch hockey anymore, just the standings:/

cube444

So Lars "Break out season every season" Eller finishes January with 12 straight pointless games and a grand total of 1 point for the month.

Here's to a 2 point month of February, Lars!

Red_Man

Great win, but is there a more bipolar team in the league? They can beat the best teams, and look like one of the worst teams the next night. So frustrating.

Edit: Therrien is still an idiot starting Budaj, Bruins slept walk through this game.

No. I see Budaj play and he looks stellar for a reserve. He could arguably front a good portion of teams in this league at the moment.

Again, the distance from Montreal to Boston isn't "thousands and thousands of miles away". We have pretty good coverage of the Habs.
Budaj plays on the 2nd half of back to backs against typically weaker teams. His task isn't hard, asking him to play as much as Price does, against the competition Price does would expose him. He's probably the best back up in the league, if not one of the top ones.

Top Bottom