• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Quick

Banned
Pairing up the roommates, finally.

jake-gardiner-morgan-rielly.jpg

calder

I personally don't think any pro sports team should be forced to play any national anthem before games. Makes zero sense to me for non-international competition, if I'm at a Jets game I know I am physically in Canada thanks.

I personally don't think any pro sports team should be forced to play any national anthem before games. Makes zero sense to me for non-international competition, if I'm at a Jets game I know I am physically in Canada thanks.

Agreed with this. Though, I can only imagine the outrage if during a Canadian and American club game the American National Anthem was the only one played. Don Cherry would surely have an aneurysm.

fallout

I was in Buffalo to see the Sabres play the Capitals (no real interest in the teams, just happened to be in town) and they played both anthems. Felt weird, but I understood why, given the number of Sabres fans in Southern Ontario.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Diaz scratched again for the second game in a row and just named to his Olympic team. Therrien gonna Therrien. Can't wait for the Panthers to keep shitting on us.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope they pronounce is name wrong (as cunt-e), because it's technically pronounced as coon-ti

Socreges

Banned
Don Cherry on Luongo:

"I like Price, Lulongo. He'll be back. Twisted his knee, eh? He'll be OK."

No MRI necessary!

Also really wants "Bieska" on Team Canada. He plays the game the way it's supposed to be played.

And would pick Lucic over Benn and Giroux....

At least Dumba is coming back... right...? That's a good thing right?

Getting sent to Portland.

Even though I know you were being sarcastic. Haula + Blum were called up instead.

So going forward, until Harding, Parise, and Spurgeon come back (all are on IR), the Wild are looking at:

Heatley - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Haula - Nino
Cooke - Coyle - Bulmer
Veillieux - Brodziak - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Prosser
Stoner - Ballard

Backstrom
Kuemper

10 players under the age of 22. 10. Sheeeeyit.

Getting sent to Portland.

Even though I know you were being sarcastic. Haula + Blum were called up instead.

So going forward, until Harding, Parise, and Spurgeon come back (all are on IR), the Wild are looking at:

Heatley - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Haula - Nino
Cooke - Coyle - Bulmer
Veillieux - Brodziak - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Prosser
Stoner - Ballard

Backstrom
Kuemper

10 players under the age of 22. 10. Sheeeeyit.

Only slight sarcasm, I wasn't sure how Wild fans see his play. He looked kinda bad in the world juniors.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
According to Brooksie, Giradi would cost a team a top F prospect and top D prospect. Wonder if Bergevin is looking at that, he would really solidify our top 4 D.

Only slight sarcasm, I wasn't sure how Wild fans see his play. He looked kinda bad in the world juniors.

He looked alright when he actually played here in the NHL. But the problem was that Dumba played ten games of the first 16 or so, which burned the first year of his entry level contract, and then went on to play maybe two games in the next 15 before the WJC.

He just sat and sat and sat. Lots of Wild fans(and myself as well) think his game is very raw and he needs to actually be playing to refine it. Playing in Portland would be a lot more beneficial to him than sitting in the NHL.

I personally did not get to watch hardly any of the WJC this year. I did hear he had a pretty rough tournament, but that was mostly from Canadian fans who seemed to use him as the scapegoat for the entire team's lackluster play.

Quick

Banned
How many knees has Dustin Brown taken out?

EH, LET ME TELL YOU. IT'S THOSE CLASSLESS DUMB DUMBS IN TEAM USA TELLIN' BROWN TO TAKE OUT KEY PLAYERS FOR THE OLYMPICS, EH.

WATCH HIM INJURE LOLONGO HERE, EH.

NOW LOOK WHAT HE DID TO HURT-A-WHIRL.

NOW WATCH HIM SKATE AROUND WITH A VISOR ON.

DISGUSTIN'. THAT AIN'T CANADIAN, BOY LET ME TELL YOU.

Top Bottom