• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

I won't be too upset if Duchene doesn't make Canada, there are so many good players there are really no snubs. I will be happy if he does make it though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it the right choice? Maybe. Is it the safe choice? Yes.
It's definitely the safe choice, but that's the problem with management and been the problem with the World Junior teams. Trying to play safe in tournaments like this isn't a recipe for victory. I also don't get how Pietrangelo is a lock ahead of Subban on the right side, while Subban has a much longer, and successful resume then Pietrangelo has.

I want Subban on the team but I won't lie if Subban doesn't get on I am looking forward to the Red_Man salt.

It'll be delicious.
I've already accepted it.

Red_Man

I won't be too upset if Duchene doesn't make Canada, there are so many good players there are really no snubs. I will be happy if he does make it though.
I'd be really surprised if Duchene doesn't make it, seeing him on the larger ice will be awesome.

Red_Man

He would be awesome on international ice for sure, but I'm thinking he'll only make it as an extra forward, hope I'm wrong.
From all the speculation I've seen from Canadian reporters, he's pretty much a lock. I haven't seen one person suggest he was on the bubble, so I wouldn't worry too much. Bubble guys are guys like Nash, Staal, Kunitz, Thorton, etc.

From all the speculation I've seen from Canadian reporters, he's pretty much a lock. I haven't seen one person suggest he was on the bubble, so I wouldn't worry too much. Bubble guys are guys like Nash, Staal, Kunitz, Thorton, etc.

I'd be very surprised if Nash made the team. And Kunitz really wouldn't be in the lineup unless he was somehow on a line with Crosby. It's hard to gauge what kind of impact he would have on the team if he was on a different line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If Weber ends up as our only Olympic D-man (Hamhuis/Edler aren't locks though could both make it) I'll laugh.

I hope Thornton makes it. Dude would love all the passing lanes.

Red_Man

4 of the Habs top 6 D will be going to the Olympics, which isn't the best seeing as Markov / Emelin could both use the rest.

Acid08

Banned
I think Marleau really deserves to make it. Top 5 skater in the league, can play any forward position, great PK/defensive play, and a killer shot. I think he should make it over Thornton considering Jumbo is limited to C and Canada has plenty of them.

Girardi being traded seems really likely, honestly. He hasn't fit in too well under AV, and I think he's going to be asking for a much higher paycheck than the Rangers are going to want to give him at the end of the year.

The window to trade Del Zotto has probably passed, at least in the sense that I don't think anybody is going to be offering anything of real value for him at this point. Probably going to either just have to suck it up and deal with having DZ on the team or change the asking price for him to something more realistic.

Anaheim and SJ scouting the Rangers tonight….again. Would love to make a deal with the Ducks.

Keep MDZ till the deadline. People who have D to trade at the deadline are always in position A.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

Canada is crazy strong down the middle. Tavares is projected to be their 4th line center. Insane.

Isles/Stars tonight. Stars GAF concede. I need this win, pls understan

If Weber ends up as our only Olympic D-man (Hamhuis/Edler aren't locks though could both make it) I'll laugh.

I hope Thornton makes it. Dude would love all the passing lanes.

I don't remember much of Turin, but I do remember Thornton being complete and utter shit.

Please no big, slow players. Canada would get picked apart.

I think Marleau really deserves to make it. Top 5 skater in the league, can play any forward position, great PK/defensive play, and a killer shot. I think he should make it over Thornton considering Jumbo is limited to C and Canada has plenty of them.

Yea I hope he makes it. Absolute beast skater.

Smiley90

Guys I found Dastardly and his backyard hockey rink:

nSeQ7gQ.jpg

Late, but weird fucking selections from the Czechs. No Vrbata, Hudler, Polak? Alright then.

I'm going to get hockeystreams or center ice next year, sick of only being able to watch a couple out of market games a week.

Center Ice is non-HD (Cox) for $60 more than hockeystreams. I like DVRing, but it's pretty hard to justify.

Smiley90

hockeystreams is 100% the way to go, and you can still get it midseason

For sure.

Sadly/fortunately they've gotten rid of public signups for now though, to guarantee stable servers to their current customers. As a customer I LOVE that decision (who restricts profits so their customers are happy these days?), but he wouldn't be able to get it even if he had money right now.

Vrbata didn't make the Czech's team? Wat? He's awesome oO

Red_Man

One of the best parts of hockeystreams is every game is instantly archived and available right after the game is finished, so if I have to go somewhere, or I'm hungover on a Sunday I can watch the game and don't have to wait 48 hours.

One of the best parts of hockeystreams is every game is instantly archived and available right after the game is finished, so if I have to go somewhere, or I'm hungover on a Sunday I can watch the game and don't have to wait 48 hours.

I don't watch Avs games I missed, I'll just look at the score, I don't get why people will avoid scores and watch the game when it isn't live. It's just not the same to me as in the back of my mind I know it already happened.

Quick

Banned
I don't watch Avs games I missed, I'll just look at the score, I don't get why people will avoid scores and watch the game when it isn't live. It's just not the same to me as in the back of my mind I know it already happened.

Same here, but with less contempt for people who watch recorded games.

I just watch highlights instead.

Quick

Banned
I don't get this unwavering hard on that management has with having 3 LH's and 3 RH's, do they really think the defining moment in a tournament will come down to which hand a guy is?

This is some NHL video game type shit.

Get one-timer opportunities from both defensemen.

If I miss a game it's usually for reasons that won't make it much of a bother for me to avoid scores, like working late.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh. There it is. Nothing like dominating all period and then conceding the first goal.
At least Nash decided to show up.

Really good first period aside from the one giveaway leading to Dubi's goal.

The announcement of Del Zotto's assist was really hilarious. This building outright HATES him at this point.

Have heard the phrase "MVPouliot" used only mildly ironically tonight.

Top Bottom