• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:lol

Are we gonna make this a thing? Have post-final-whistle-scrums against the Blues? I mean I don't mind if we win, but still.

We hold onto a lead, oh my god

EDIT: STL had scored 21 goals in their previous 4 games? HOW?!?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
0vWShcY.gif

sup.Air Hockey > Oilers-Pens

Velcro Fly

That is some fucking effort to lose in OT without ever clearing the puck out of your own zone.

Shero better sell his soul again for some players and cap space or it's going to be an early exit again.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs are the national game against the best team in the league and I'm going to miss it.

Just going to get a preemptive Fire Therrien! In here.

It's odd how when the Leafs lose to a team playing its 3rd string goalie and competing for the same wildcard spots, the sympathetic media speaks of them showins signs of improvement.

Isn't it the opposite? Or is the message that we should just be happy that they weren't embarrassed again?

Quick

Banned
It's odd how when the Leafs lose to a team playing its 3rd string goalie and competing for the same wildcard spots, the sympathetic media speaks of them showins signs of improvement.

Isn't it the opposite? Or is the message that we should just be happy that they weren't embarrassed again?

Small victories, I guess?

Fuck that shit, though.

Samyy

I've come to terms with the Leafs sucking this season. Grab a top prospect in the draft and exercise some patience with the youth. It's been working for the Raptors (with pretty much the same team as last year).

Oh, and Carlyle will be gone by the end of the season, always a good thing.

Well theres two scenarios really.
Nonis exercises patient and your scenario comes to pass or...
Nonis panics, trades Kadri/Gardiner for more Carlyle style players.

Lets see what happens :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sigh. James Mirtle has been dropping the truth bombs lately. All that vindication must feel pretty nice.
If I wasn't lazy, I'd go back through the old threads and gather up all the Leaf posts joking about Mirtle, corsi and all that back when the Leafs were winning.

The problem with sucking is that, if the Leafs finish with 80 pts (that's apparently where they're headed), they're looking at a 6-10 pick in a shallow draft year.

Maybe it's time to move all the UFA guys?

And Franson. We don't need him with Gardiner, Rielly and Brennan in the pipe.

edit: I was definitely one of the 'Mirtle is a c*nt' types in October. Not any longer.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Therrien is dressing Parros against the best team in the league? GG Hawks, hopefully they don't hit doubt digits in goals tonight.

Top Bottom