• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Montresor

So fuccking embarrassing. Leafs should be ashamed. Leafs Suck chants. Outplayed all game long. Manhandled physically. Reimer jeers. Leafs jersey on the ice. 40+ shots. This organization is horrible.

Quick

Banned
Leafs jersey on the ice.

leafs jersey on the ice in winterpeg

wowow

giphy.gif

Erdrick

The Leafs jersey on the ice was a nice touch. Pretty great game all around for the Jets. These wins are the best to see.

fallout

guys fallout said he was going to the game tonight and was bringing a bag full of Leafs sweaters to throw on the ice to frame innocent leaf fans and OH SHIT HE'S DOING IT I'M TOO LATE
True North was nice enough to give me one of those shirt cannons.

zroid

Banned
The Leafs jersey on the ice was a nice touch. Pretty great game all around for the Jets. These wins are the best to see.

being a Jets fan must be an awfully sad existence if the wins against tanking teams are the best to see! *high-fives Quick*

jk, I love you guys, the Jets are great <3

Erdrick

being a Jets fan must be an awfully sad existence if the wins against tanking teams are the best to see! *high-fives Quick*

jk, I love you guys, the Jets are great <3

Haha. You're fooling no one with that. Quick knows you're a double agent for us.

Seriously though, Leafs fans, where was this Kessel you guys go on about so much tonight? It took an Ex-jet to score on us for you and then... Like, no more offence. We're missing our 4 top D men, and one of our better forwards, and we still kept you guys to very few shots, relatively speaking.

zroid

Banned
apparently that was the 5th most lopsided game of the season thus far. Leafs were also on the wrong end of the 3rd most.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think that was one of the best Habs road game in awhile we just shat all over the Pens. Salty Downie was something else.

The only thing the game was missing was a big open ice hit on Downie. Although that probably would have led to him doing something stupid to one of our star players.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think that was one of the best Habs road game in awhile we just shat all over the Pens. Salty Downie was something else.
Aside from his one assist, both Crosby and Malkin were completely shut down all night. Price didn't have to stand on his head either, one of their best wins of the year so far. AGally continues playing at a PPG pace too at center.

Samyy

Leafs next 6 games are against Washington, Columbus, LA, Anaheim, San Jose and St. Louis.

I'm hoping for a strong 0-6

Red_Man

They got badly outplayed at even strength against the Pens
Lmao. See this is why a lot of people hate advanced stats people. If you watched the game you would know that's not remotely true, and you can even ask a Pens fan that. Pens had maybe 4-5 legit scoring chances all game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
They got badly outplayed at even strength against the Pens

Pens barely had any quality chances until the third when Montreal was sitting back a bit. Wasn't nervous at any point during the game, just a bunch of outside shots.

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs next 6 games are against Washington, Columbus, LA, Anaheim, San Jose and St. Louis.

I'm hoping for a strong 0-6

I'm also looking at the standings and there are teams such as Florida and Ottawa who are only a few points behind and who even have 3 or 4 games in-hand. There is also the bruins right behind although they only have 1 game in hand looks like.

Couple that with 7 of the next 11 games on the road until the end of the month iirc, things are looking definitely up for those in tank nation.

Wait what... apparently Dallas Eakins is working as a scout for the Oilers right now

At his final press conference he wasn't being a bag licker to MacT for nothing ya know, ahahahaha.

Red_Man

Advanced stats are effective for identifying trends in a teams play over the long term. Using them as a singular tool for identifying the play of teams in a game is stupid unless one of the teams were severely outplayed, in which case you don't need advanced stats to identify that. This is why there's so much anti-stats sentiment out there, so many people misuse these stats.

Top Bottom