• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Cake Boss

Banned
Bruins got out shot 14-4 in the first period by the Hurricanes.

I am trying to figure out if the Broons still have that skill over the goons Sens.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol Bruins. I really hope they miss the playoffs.

This.

Advanced Stats simply aren't advanced enough. Going from the typical point-focus to a possession-focus switches from a hard and fast metric for quality (points) to a more variable one. There are higher/lower odds you'll get a shot on net in these conditions, which in a perfect world should go in. It's a perfectly valid method a reasoning but I think it needs to go further. The Raptors (sorry) have analytical tools that actually consider more of the surrounding game around an individual event (http://grantland.com/features/the-toronto-raptors-sportvu-cameras-nba-analytical-revolution/). This level of detail is needed IMO to really be able to tell the tale without watching the game.
Exactly, like that chart that was posted about shots being from home plate. It doesn't tell you where in that vicinity area the shot was taken, who took it, if they we're at the end of their shift or the beginning, if it was a delayed penalty, etc. There's so many variables in a single hockey game that advanced stats can't track yet. Sure if your team allows a large amount of shots from that area over 50 games then you have a larger issue, but using that in a one game sample to try and prove one team outplayed there other is stupid.

Samyy

Leafs recall Bodie and place Holland on IR.
Was afraid they would call up Brown, thankfully he stays away from this hot mess.

Red_Man

All DLR does is stand in front of the net and look for tips, Therrien is going to love him.

Red_Man

I really enjoy how Söderström stays in his save position 10-15 seconds after the whistle is blown :lol

Top Bottom