• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Quick

Banned
The thought of the 2 boy band brothers along with Ugly Mitch...

*wipes brow*

Dubbed, I like those jerseys. Nice to see a NHL club not resort to the circle-logo for a change.

Will Ny and Ass Ny...oh my *bites lip*

Marner's come a long way from

mitchell_marner.jpg

to

mitch_marner_toronto_062615.jpg

imBask

Banned
Dallas Stars vs New Jersey Devils

My heart is torn in two.

how can you be that torn between one of the worst organization in the league who pretty much ruined hockey forever and will suck for years to come and the New Jersey Devils

Gag GameCenter. Has the Edmonton feed as both home and away broadcast.

Twitter losing its mind on Scott is fun to watch.

Downie scores a goal the same day John Scott is named an all-star captain. What a world.

Quick

Banned
So it's a definite possibility for the Leafs. Not bad enough to be last overall and who knows what happens with the lottery even if they do finish last.

Realistically, it seems like the top 3 are going to be (not in order):

Edmonton
Columbus
Buffalo

Leafs are currently at 27th in the standings, but with only 4 points between the BJs (31) and Leafs (35) right now.

We're only just about halfway, so the standings are still very tight, but the Oilers, BJs, Sabres, and Leafs have been the constant bottom feeders this season.

I think BJs ultimately take 1st overall, unless an NHL screwjob is happening and the Oilers get it again.

Leafs are gaining steam and could stay between 4th and 6th maybe. Basically, like the last couple of years. Ass Nylander could be a Leaf.

Gag GameCenter. Has the Edmonton feed as both home and away broadcast.

Twitter losing its mind on Scott is fun to watch.

Downie scores a goal the same day John Scott is named an all-star captain. What a world.

You too, shall now listen Kevin Quinn's mediocre play by play.

Edmonton
Columbus
Buffalo

Leafs are currently at 27th in the standings, but with only 4 points between the BJs (31) and Leafs (35) right now.

We're only just about halfway, so the standings are still very tight, but the Oilers, BJs, Sabres, and Leafs have been the constant bottom feeders this season.

I think BJs ultimately take 1st overall, unless an NHL screwjob is happening and the Oilers get it again.

Leafs are gaining steam and could stay between 4th and 6th maybe. Basically, like the last couple of years. Ass Nylander could be a Leaf.

I will laugh so hard if Edmonton gets 1st overall again.

yyzjohn

Banned

Edmonton
Columbus
Buffalo

I think the Oilers have the McDavid factor though. Once he gets back the entire team will play better and I think they move up a bit in the standings.

Quick

Banned
I think the Oilers have the McDavid factor though. Once he gets back the entire team will play better and I think they move up a bit in the standings.

Oh yeah, standings are still tight. They can easily leapfrog a lot of teams if they get their shit together.

Oh yeah, standings are still tight. They can easily leapfrog a lot of teams if they get their shit together.

Given that it's the Oilers we're talking about here, I wouldn't be surprised if they are still in the bottom 5 even after he comes back.

zroid

Banned
Leafs have been playing at a 100+ point pace since Bernier was yanked from the starting role, which isn't great, but if they trade PAP and other guys at the deadline then hopefully it'll kickstart the tank. Maybe someone will even take Bozak.

I don't think the other shit teams are in the same position to be big sellers at the deadline.

Yawnier

Banned

Edmonton
Columbus
Buffalo

I would take between 4th and 6th overall so long as the leafs keep on actually trying to play good under Babs system with very limited talent

Ex. 5th overall basically guarantees one of Ass Nylander, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Jones, Laine, Chychrun, etc.

You too, shall now listen Kevin Quinn's mediocre play by play.

Kinda used to mediocre play by play actually lol.

Canada commercials are interesting though. Tim Horton's and lots of things for dealing with snow. And Boxing Week stuff.

This guy Mark Spector doing the intermission breakdown on the Oiler PP is the most Canadian sounding guy I've ever heard. It's like a parody of a Canadian. It's like Jeff Spicoli doing the Kings intermission.

Yeah but they'll still be a top-10 draft pick. Probably pick a defender to pair with Nurse in a few years.

Who am I kidding? They'll pick another forward.

Pikma

Banned
Icing the puck while on the PP, lol Oilers

Edit: They just played Angry Birds music, ugh why the fuck am I watching this

Edit 2: AROOOOOO

Holiday

Banned
Tonight FORMER BLUE Roman Polak squares off against FORMER LEAF Alex Steen. It will be a tight game until Colaiacovo comes down the ramp in the third and battles Stempniak for the soul of both franchises.

Tonight FORMER BLUE Roman Polak squares off against FORMER LEAF Alex Steen. It will be a tight game until Colaiacovo comes down the ramp in the third and battles Stempniak for the soul of both franchises.

Remember when Nonis traded a 4th round pick, Gunnarsson, and retained salary, for Polak?

he he.

Outside of Boston, I'm not sure there is a franchise that's fleeced Toronto has badly as St. Louis.

Foggy

Leafs also have played 3 less games than the bottom 3. They'll still get a fine player, though. Sabres just got Eichel back and McJesus is coming back soon. Bob reaggravated his groin so he'll be out a bit longer. Such excitement.

I wouldn't be shocked if the BJ's trade away Atkinson, Hartnell, and Tyutin or JJ. Maybe waive Connauton or Prout and say their prayers. If something does go horribly awry with Johansen, it'll probably be next year. Oh and poster:

CXvViUiWsAcgx9V.jpg

Holiday

Banned
Remember when Nonis traded a 4th round pick, Gunnarsson, and retained salary, for Polak?

he he.

Outside of Boston, I'm not sure there is a franchise that's fleeced Toronto has badly as St. Louis.
The sadder part is that many Blues fans long for Polak because he won one meaningless fight in the first round against San Jose 5 years ago, which is also the Blues' best playoff moment from the last 15 years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
John Scott is the captain that the Pacific Division deserves anyway.

My family is apparently in Sunrise for the Rangers game tonight. My sister just sent me a picture of a few rows of Sweden jerseys in the corner. :D

AV on Kevin Hayes: "Kevin Hayes the person is really a great kid...But the hockey player right now isn't totally doing it for me." Woof.

Top Bottom