• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Phaneuf and a third for stamkos and drouin

Make it happen

We'll even throw in a limited edition Tyler Bozak

I picked up the book series and they are pretty great reads.

The books are great and get consistently better over time. The show has been good so far, but hasn't captured that universe quite right yet. In the books, Holden is actually a pretty funny guy and is addicted to coffee. In the show, they have him as this brooding thinker type so far. Stuff like that. They haven't fleshed out the world yet, and I really hope they do because the show could be fantastic.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
People should check out The Expanse. The first 4 episodes are up on syfy's website for free (I am not sure if it would be available in Canada) but it is an awesome start to a space opera series and feels like a new Battlestar Gallactica.

I picked up the book series and they are pretty great reads.

I agree that JJ isn't that great. Daredevil is awesome. Still haven't seen the Flash, and The Arrow used to be awesome. Not anymore.

That's what I've heard, need to check out Expanse. I can't bother with the DC super hero TV shows. Too much other stuff to watch.

ZeroGravity

Drouin's assignment is largely for conditioning purposes. He's missed a lot of games this year and desperately needs ice time, which Cooper isn't going to give him.

Yzerman would sooner fire Cooper than trade Drouin.

Drouin's assignment is largely for conditioning purposes. He's missed a lot of games this year and desperately needs ice time, which Cooper isn't going to give him.

Yzerman would sooner fire Cooper than trade Drouin.

Hmm

Erik Erlendsson
@erlendssonTBO
TBLightning have made the Drouin assignment to @SyracuseCrunch official, looks like straight assignment & not for conditioning

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BREAKING NEWS

Jagr,Ovi,Kane and John Scott are the Captain s of the All Star Game

WE DID IT

JOHN SCOTT IS IN THE ALL STAR GAME

So...TERRIBLE!

CXuyjMFUAAACkbl.png:large

Quick

Banned

Sanjuro

Weapons seized from the Winter Classic parking lot.

RDeTbZW.jpg

Can't believe this country is so damn sensitive. Looks like we were robbed of a great time between rivals.

The books are great and get consistently better over time. The show has been good so far, but hasn't captured that universe quite right yet. In the books, Holden is actually a pretty funny guy and is addicted to coffee. In the show, they have him as this brooding thinker type so far. Stuff like that. They haven't fleshed out the world yet, and I really hope they do because the show could be fantastic.

Yeah it is still only 4 episodes in. I mean there are now like 6 or 7 books.

But I feel that those character personality changes happen a lot. Like in the LOTR movies they happened with Aragorn.

Based on the new info on the new Panther Jerseys here is a pretty good mock up:

CXu2t5RWcAAYEmN.png

Would've preferred a gold stripe vs a white one, but it isn't hideous. So there is hope.

Quick

Banned
New Sherlock episode was great.

I second this. I really enjoyed the episode. I expected it to be a one-off special, disconnected from the series, but it ended up being so integral. That really caught me off-guard.

Oddly, this reminds me I have to watch Luther.

And I seem to be in the minority here but I really liked Jessica Jones.

Jessica Jones is great, but I wouldn't watch it again anytime soon. It's really such a heavy show to watch, especially to binge watch. I watched an episode or two for each day, so I had some time to breathe.

The gaslighting aspect and how it's used to attempt discrediting Jessica (even having a moment where she even doubts her own convictions) was well done. This, on top of the mental and physical abuse.

Based on the new info on the new Panther Jerseys here is a pretty good mock up:

CXu2t5RWcAAYEmN.png

Would've preferred a gold stripe vs a white one, but it isn't hideous. So there is hope.

The Florida Canadiens, almost. I'd leave the shoulders bare, but having asymmetrical (shoulder patch on one side) isn't bad either.

Definitely would be a good update to their team identity if this is what they're really going with.

I haven't looked at league-wide stats in a couple of weeks. A few things stand out:

Holy shit @ Patrick Kane. On pace for 110 points this year.

Holy shit @ Norrisson. Over ppg? Who does he think he is? Mike Green?

Taylor Hall over ppg? That ain't right.

Blake Wheeler is apparently the best Minnesotan in the league? Who would have thought.

How the FUCK is Mike Cammalleri the #11 scorer in the NHL?

Highest ranked Wild player is @ #33. Just turrible.

Only two Minnesotans in the entire top-40 in scoring. smh

Orca

John Scott is going to do really well in the skills competition, since his only skill is beating up guys smaller than him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Alex Nylander on where he wants to play in the NHL

"Toronto Maple Leafs, play with my brother, he he, it would be really awesome, it would be a dream."

The thought of the 2 boy band brothers along with Ugly Mitch...

*wipes brow*

Dubbed, I like those jerseys. Nice to see a NHL club not resort to the circle-logo for a change.

Top Bottom