• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Quick

Banned
Bernier to Tarasenko

giphy.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Canucks taking Virtanen over Nylander looked bad on draft day, it's only going to get worse with time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That said, now that I see the replay, how the fuck did Hank not stop that Pirri shot?

He hasn't been good tonight again, even with one of the goals being pure dumb luck.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Girardi really can't skate. There's no real excuse for him playing over McIlrath on these days where his knee swelling is up. For that matter, I'm not sure why he doesn't go get surgery for his knee, which I'm sure is going to have to happen in the off-season anyway. A 40% Dan Girardi doesn't help anything.

zroid

Banned
Pens up 5-1 over Isles :eek:

Pens been playing well lately, and Sid is scoring a lot. Hope this means they can still sneak into the playoffs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shots still 24-12 Rangers. We've honestly played a generally pretty good game, aside from Etem being a disaster, Girardi being kinda useless, and Hank looking a bit out of sorts at times Panthers have capitalized heavily on those weak spots, though.

So it's been a bit different from a bunch of the trainwrecks we took part in during December. Scoreline is still ugly, though.

Quick

Banned
Jets possibly getting an outdoor game before the Winter Classic. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Jets/Oilers could be good. Jets/Yotes would be amazing, maybe.

Probably getting a Heritage Classic label.

zroid

Banned
Wow if the Caps can really unload the back years of the Orpik contract and pick up a Byfuglien rental in the process? Huge.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow if the Caps can really unload the back years of the Orpik contract and pick up a Byfuglien rental in the process? Huge.
There's still enough stupid GMs in the league who would love Orpik for his grit, toughness and intangibles.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Jets possibly getting an outdoor game before the Winter Classic. Wouldn't be a bad idea. Jets/Oilers could be good. Jets/Yotes would be amazing, maybe.

Probably getting a Heritage Classic label.

Wasn't Winnipeg suppose to have an outdoor game this year if it weren't for the football team being a bitch about the stadium scheduling?

Quick

Banned
Wasn't Winnipeg suppose to have an outdoor game this year if it weren't for the football team being a bitch about the stadium scheduling?

Jets-GAF is probably more qualified to answer this in more detail, but this sounds about right.

CFLol

Edit:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...lassic-game-could-be-postponed-289193531.html

From January 20, 2015:

Joint Statement said:
‘All parties are very hopeful that a date can be secured early in the 2016-17 NHL season and will continue working toward that objective. The game will be an exciting celebration of hockey in our province and our city, one which both True North and the Bombers look forward to hosting at a time which works for all parties involved’

Note that this joint statement states that they're hopeful in securing a date in the early-2016-17 season, which lines up with what Friedman just said.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Gooning it up now.

Yup. Wheels off right now. Not sure who exactly gets what here, but Kreider continues to not help things.

EDIT: After seeing that replay, I wouldn't mind Kreider getting a game or two suspension for that one. That's flat out dangerous, Kreids.

EDIT EDIT: Oh great, Kreider injured his hand in the ensuing chaos. He's in the locker room and Miller is serving his penalty. Terrific.

Top Bottom