• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

I got a theory.

So the NHL wanted John Scott out of Arizona and the Pacific since they didn't want him to be Captain of the Pacific since they take this way too seriously. Bergevin told them he would take them off their hands if the Habs were allowed to tank, and move into a position to take Matthews. With this the today was set in motion where it will all be moot when the Oilers some how come away with the first 5 picks in the draft.

imBask

Banned
CYyhIt9VAAABOyH.jpg:large

does he captain the atlantic division? if so, is subban kicked out?
What if Scott gets buried in the minors, does he still make the ASG?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
*Sees trade notification on phone*

"Cool, it's probably that fleecing for Drouin I've been waiting for"

*Sees actual trade *

2d7.jpg

Solo

As a Leaf fan, this sentence makes me smile so much. This must be the feeling Habs fans had when us Leaf fans still felt like Kadri was going to be awesome and not just the completely average and forgettable player he is now that Galchenyuk will soon become.

You guys have a good coach now and some nice prospects, but let's not pretend for even a moment that your NHL roster isn't a dumpster fire or that AGALLY wouldnt be your best player if he was on your team and given ice time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
As a Leaf fan, this sentence makes me smile so much. This must be the feeling Habs fans had when us Leaf fans still felt like Kadri was going to be awesome and not just the completely average and forgettable player he is now that Galchenyuk will soon become.

You do realize Kadri is by far our best forward, right? Right???

Red_Man

I accept this as karma for laughing at the Bruins trading away Hamilton and using the picks on garbage

KingBroly

Banned
So the NHL got Scott out of the All-Star game and are making sure the fans can't do this again next year.

Great job thinking of your fans, NHL!

this trade feels worse than the gomez trade. at least with the gomez trade, their was something behind. yes we overpaid for a declining player but at least they tried to get a #1 center. What need does this fill. feels like poor asset management and serves no purpose whatsoever. I would have prefered losing Tinordi for a 6th or even nothing.

This Trade was a Work if i've ever seen one

Okay i've calmed down now.

I think the reason was that Montreal Agreed to trade John Scott was to keep him out of the All Star Game. It kinda makes sense.Tinordi wasn't going to make the lineup at all so giving him a start in Arizona isn't a bad thing. In Fact I hope he does well with the Desert Dogs.

We shouldn't panic you guys.

Red_Man

Genuinely hope Tinordi works out for the Coyotes, I always liked him and still believe he can be a solid top 4 guy.

zroid

Banned
LOL
All Star John Montreal Canadiens Scott!

I think the Habs save some money with this at least, right?
I think it frees up a roster spot since the guy they got from Nashville is already in the minors. and they can bury Scott in the minors as well.

no longer stuck with Tinordi on the roster which is good I guess.

money and cap wise it doesn't mean much

I think it frees up a roster spot since the guy they got from Nashville is already in the minors. and they can bury Scott in the minors as well.

no longer stuck with Tinordi on the roster which is good I guess.

money and cap wise it doesn't mean much

They already sent John and the other guy down to St Johns

Red_Man

If the Habs make the playoffs and by some miracle win the cup, I'll buy a Habs John Scott jersey and post it on here.

@AngryMichel said:
John Scott loves milk and cookies

Bergevin sending Scott & Bartley to AHL & Tinordi's $850,000 books means HABS save money which they'll use 2give Desharnais an extension

/dead

Aside from the hilarity of it all ... is this trade actually meaningful for any of the parties involved?

Tinordi can finally play

Also:
Chris JohnstonVerified account
‏@reporterchris
The #habs sent John Scott to AHL St. John's and aren't likely to recall him. That would make him ineligible for the NHL all-star game.

NHL was Definitely Behind this move.

Stasis

Got texts from two local buddies who are Habs fans but don't really follow hockey, asking about Scott and Bartley, wondering if it was a good move. Lol.

Yes guys, awesome! Grats!

I shouldn't laugh though. Not like we're doing fucking anything. Our own Etem trade was silly.

Edit: And I genuinely don't find it super far-fetched that the NHL would have a hand in this. It's plausible. Fuck what the fans want! Casuals won't understand this! Get him out of here! Lol.

Top Bottom