• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

calder

I dunno, the more I read and think about it the more I wonder if the league didn't do much. The coyotes wanted to get rid of Scott and really didn't want to pay him in the ahl so the Habs took him.

Meh who knows, I can't imagine we'll ever have anything other than rumor to go on.

zroid

Banned
I always laugh when he complains about Q. Dude has coached the Hawks to 3 Stanley Cups. Tied atop the division, and will make the playoffs for like the 6 or 7th straight year.

The truth is I get where he's coming from, Q certainly makes questionable decisions. But the fact is literally every coach does that, including Babcock. Despite his flaws, you'd be hard pressed to identify a replacement who is objectively better.

I don't think Marvie would be happy unless he himself was hired to be the coach. :p

CYyhIt9VAAABOyH.jpg:large

lol Even EA knows this is a baffling deal.

Now I know why Queso is a Yotes fan. They are pretty much hockey's version of the A's, scooping up all the players rejected by other teams.

It went the other way around, actually (Yotes first then A's) but yeah. I love how these teams can take garbage and somehow win with them sometimes.

It keeps my expectations real low, so I'm almost always happily surprised.

It's like the anti-Toronto Sports Fan Strategy.

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't care about John Scott and the all star game.

I just find it funny the Habs actually traded for him.

Yawnier

Banned
Not necessarily. Toronto has done well against Central division teams not named Winnipeg. They might do better then you think.
They should, for our sake.

I forgot about their record against central teams. We'll see.... They're coming off bad losses from the Tanking BJs and the Shorks.

Good for the NHL to avoid tarnishing the sterling reputation and integrity that is the All Star Game by orchestrating a John Scott trade.

I feel like this had more to do with the Coyotes than the NHL.

John Scott was their only all star. Why would the Yotes want him to be it? Makes no sense. They want one of their young guns or something on there, not some waiver wire defensemen.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like this had more to do with the Coyotes than the NHL.

John Scott was their only all star. Why would the Yotes want him to be it? Makes no sense. They want one of their young guns or something on there, not some waiver wire defensemen.

Umm, he's a forward, thank you.

Marvie_3

Banned
The truth is I get where he's coming from, Q certainly makes questionable decisions. But the fact is literally every coach does that, including Babcock. Despite his flaws, you'd be hard pressed to identify a replacement who is objectively better.

I don't think Marvie would be happy unless he himself was hired to be the coach. :p
Fire Marville

Amazing. He doesnt even look pregnant.

Wow, interesting. I kinda like him more than RyJo, surprised Nashville didn't bite.

I think Nuge is better defensively, is the main thing.

Hmm RNH or Johansen.

I'd go with Johansen too.

I like RNH more personally but RNH is 6 mil per and Johansen is only 3 million this year but it bumps to 6 mil next and then contract over. So maybe they felt like if it didn't work out they could cut ties.

I do not get USPS. I order a package and it is coming from Michigan, yet it goes to Penn first on the way down here to Texas. Makes no fucking sense.

Chris R

Thanks NHL for freeing me up from watching the ASG. I'll just do what I always do, catch the skills comps that interest me and ignore everything else.

Can't believe The Peoples Champ John Scott got screwed like this! I just read an article yesterday about how his wife was the one encouraging him to go because she knew it was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. And that his two children were excited for it. And that his wife is pregnant with twins that might come around the time of the all star game.

Anyway... Robin Lehner's return tonight. Time to resume over-analyzing how much of a bust that trade was.

Line_HTX

Looks like I missed one hell of an afternoon. Canadiens with the brown paper bag of shame, rofl.

I don't know a lot about a lot of players, but can someone explain what the hell is going on and why everyone was up in a frenzy? John Scott is some sort of fraud?

Thinking about Drouin to Philly..

Maybe we send Alt, Hagg or Morin. Provy, Sanheim and Ghost Bear are untouchable.

Would have to be multiple prospects and a pick probably

Marvie_3

Banned
I do not get USPS. I order a package and it is coming from Michigan, yet it goes to Penn first on the way down here to Texas. Makes no fucking sense.
When i sent my Wii in for repairs, it left California, went to Kentucky, back to California, then up to Minnesota. That was UPS though. Still weird.

Top Bottom