• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin working with the NHL* to keep Scott out of the All Star game is the only thing that could redeem this trade.

Also:

NHL was Definitely Behind this move.

Edit: And I genuinely don't find it super far-fetched that the NHL would have a hand in this. It's plausible. Fuck what the fans want! Casuals won't understand this! Get him out of here! Lol.

I am okay with it though honestly. yeah it was funny but I would rather watch someone more skilled play and actually deserve the captain even if it means nothing.

Also they should make the playoffs just a 3v3 tourney.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly think they should still let him play. Otherwise why even have that stupid vote.

There'd obviously be some fan backlash against this too. Though I figure most of the fans who voted for him were doing it for the lulz anyways.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I thought they changed the voting rules years back to only be like half the all star roster and only from preselected players after the whole 'vote for Rory' (remember him?) thing.

Razorskin

----- ------
"I didn't screw John"

MfxdQIn.jpg

"John screwed John"

calder

Wow that's lame. As if I needed another reason to hate/ignore the ASG. And it even made a no-tal lunk like Scott somehow the victim.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I see, it's an elaborate plan by the NHL to have Scott traded thus nullifying his All Star appearance as he's now on a different team... Secret All Star voting clause loophole exposed.

Bob McKenzieVerified account
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
John Scott was previously asked by both NHL and Arizona Coyotes to bow out of NHL All-Star Game. He refused. Trade likely takes care of that
JESUS
So I was right, haha.

I henceforth propose an analytics-based ASG for 2017. Only the players with the best corsi can attend. And all events will be corsi based.

I can't cite exactly why but I feel like the NHL is doing a lot of really dumb stuff this season, more than usual and it's bothering me

Habs probably just won the Matthews pick.

Or Bergevin will become VP of something or other at the NHL head office when the Habs fire him.

Hawks will win the Cup again and Marvie will complain that without Quenville they would have won it with more panache.

I always laugh when he complains about Q. Dude has coached the Hawks to 3 Stanley Cups. Tied atop the division, and will make the playoffs for like the 6 or 7th straight year.

yyzjohn

Banned
I always laugh when he complains about Q. Dude has coached the Hawks to 3 Stanley Cups. Tied atop the division, and will make the playoffs for like the 6 or 7th straight year.

Maybe it's a superstitious thing with him? As long as he keeps complaining, Quenville keeps winning.

Top Bottom