• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Clydefrog

4Bfgbnc.png

Yeah I woke up and it was 3-1 I was yes here we go and than bam just a slap in the face they better not do that tonight huge 2 points tonight
Same way they lost to them last time. Poor defense on a few plays and the Senators get their goal each time. They were getting outshot 26-12 through two periods for Christ's sake.

Quick

Banned
Taking up Uber on the side? Stick it to those taxi fucks, Quick!

I've had varying degrees of taxi experience in Toronto. From "alright" to "fuck right off."

I took a Lyft once and the driver also had a tablet (iPad Mini) mounted. Other than being mounted it looked so much cooler than the other folks who would drive with a phone

I was thinking of getting a mount that latched onto my CD player. Looks a lot better than sticking it on top of my dash or windshield.

On EHM, my AHL team just won 13-1. 7 first period goals.

Scott Laughton with 3 points. Jack Eichel with 4. What bosses.

EDIT: Then won the next game 8-0.

Why am I so good at constructing AHL teams but my NHL teams are always lottery teams? Frustrating.

Why am I so good at constructing AHL teams but my NHL teams are always lottery teams? Frustrating.

I remember you saying you were the Flyers organization. How did you get Eichel?

I remember you saying you were the Flyers organization. How did you get Eichel?

By being a terrible lottery team and drafting 2nd overall.

This file is pretty old.

Also got Auston Matthews by sucking. And Patrik Laine. And traded for Anthony Duclair and Josh Ho-Sang and Nikolai Goldobin.

My offensive prospects are legit. But everyone else sucks.

By being a terrible lottery team and drafting 2nd overall.

This file is pretty old.

Also got Auston Matthews by sucking. And Patrik Laine. And traded for Anthony Duclair and Josh Ho-Sang and Nikolai Goldobin.

My offensive prospects are legit. But everyone else sucks.

:lol

Just hoarding prospects

I've had varying degrees of taxi experience in Toronto. From "alright" to "fuck right off."

I was thinking of getting a mount that latched onto my CD player. Looks a lot better than sticking it on top of my dash or windshield.

That Asus Zen Pad should work really well, can probably get he mount that works with IPad minis since they're so similar in size

Cake Boss

Banned

Hmmm have you looked at the tactics and strategies?

Cake Boss

Banned
Lmaoo EA sports be a gm mode.

Player refuses to sign with my team, reasoning being 'I don't think your team is going to be a position to win anytime soon' a team that just won the cup.

Lol EA

Lmaoo EA sports be a gm mode.

Player refuses to sign with my team, reasoning being 'I don't think your team is going to be a position to win anytime soon' a team that just won the cup.

Lol EA

It is just as stupid in FIFA. Like a homegrown player or a player of the same nationality as the league and say they are homesick :lol

Hmmm have you looked at the tactics and strategies?

Well I looked at my head coach in the NHL, Berube, who is rated like shit and fired him and hired some Swedish coach. Had way higher coaching forwards, defenders, and tactics ratings. I continued to control the team tactics and all that, and the team still lost 7 in a row. Then I shifted it to where the coach is in control of the roster and tactics and system and practice and all that, and the team mildly improved. Like going from 4-18-2 in the first 22 games to 8-10-4 in the next 22.

My team just sucks ass. Which is crazy because this is the roster. I'm not expecting fireworks, but last in the league by a good 20 points is something that shouldn't be happening.

Simmonds - Giroux - Byfuglien
Raffl - Couturier - Akeson
Ward - Read - Clutterbuck
Brodziak - Ribeiro - Rinaldo

B. Campbell - Streit
Gostisbehere - Oduya
Nikitin - Hainsey

Mason
Raanta
Stalock

Again, I'm not expecting playoffs, but I certainly was not expecting to be the worst overall team by a wide wide wide margin. That top line should be lighting it up. But Couturier is our leading scorer by a good 8 points. Simmonds is second. Giroux is 4th. Byfuglien is 10th. That defense should be providing a lot of offense, but they haven't done anything. At all.

I lost Voracek to free agency after he scored 97 points in 80 games and then 105 points in 78 games the last two seasons. He left because the team was a lottery team both seasons. Smh.

^ Your defence is old as hell and depending what year you're on probably slow too. Except for Ghost Bear

I'm going to get rid of everyone not named Ghost Bear and Campbell and bring up Morin and Sanheim, who are both ppg in the AHL.

Sign a few decent guys in FA and I'm going to make a run. That's the plan. Maybe.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot actually got a real contract with the Oilers. I was starting to think he might be one and done in Edmonton, but looks like they're locking him up as their #1. Good for Cam. :)

Also, what the fuck is with our start time today? 5pm?

Razorskin

----- ------
Well I looked at my head coach in the NHL, Berube, who is rated like shit and fired him and hired some Swedish coach. Had way higher coaching forwards, defenders, and tactics ratings. I continued to control the team tactics and all that, and the team still lost 7 in a row. Then I shifted it to where the coach is in control of the roster and tactics and system and practice and all that, and the team mildly improved. Like going from 4-18-2 in the first 22 games to 8-10-4 in the next 22.

My team just sucks ass. Which is crazy because this is the roster. I'm not expecting fireworks, but last in the league by a good 20 points is something that shouldn't be happening.

Simmonds - Giroux - Byfuglien
Raffl - Couturier - Akeson
Ward - Read - Clutterbuck
Brodziak - Ribeiro - Rinaldo

B. Campbell - Streit
Gostisbehere - Oduya
Nikitin - Hainsey

Mason
Raanta
Stalock

Again, I'm not expecting playoffs, but I certainly was not expecting to be the worst overall team by a wide wide wide margin. That top line should be lighting it up. But Couturier is our leading scorer by a good 8 points. Simmonds is second. Giroux is 4th. Byfuglien is 10th. That defense should be providing a lot of offense, but they haven't done anything. At all.

I lost Voracek to free agency after he scored 97 points in 80 games and then 105 points in 78 games the last two seasons. He left because the team was a lottery team both seasons. Smh.

That D...

You modelling it after the work of good Minnesota native Paul Holmgren?

Quick

Banned
Caught this on Reddit: http://www.hometownhockey.com/news/john-scott/

Ron MacLean dropping some ether on the NHL about the John Scott situation.

And the top comment on the Reddit post also seems to reveal another layer to Ron's piece:

MonsieurPlow said:
There's another layer to this: Ron is only with Hometown Hockey because he questioned Bettman too hard on TV, asking questions that weren't agreed upon on Hockey Night in Canada. As punishment, as part of the new deal with Sportsnet, Ron got banished to the "Hometown Hockey" segment.

He can't outright say so, but it's in his book. They sent him to the boonies, for that. I love hockey but this is BS, it's all just a multibillion dollar scheme to build as many taxpayer-funded arenas in the States as they can on the backs of Canadian circus performers and then profit off of it for the other 365-41(+?) days of the year. Then tellin' us what kinda hockey we wanna see with our own money.

The fans should be rattled, Grapes is an idiot on this one, he's just inner circle, old boys' club level class. McLean's more like one of us.

Weal should play tonight! Looking forward to seeing what he can do finally.

Hopefully Shitburger is sctratched and stays scratched for the season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Klein is questionable today after taking a puck to the hand yesterday. If he doesn't dress, then obviously McIlrath is in.

Holtby for the Caps again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No way the Seahawks are gonna win this you guys are cray

that's what you get for giving up 31 points to none...

Stasis

Kevin Klein is questionable today after taking a puck to the hand yesterday. If he doesn't dress, then obviously McIlrath is in.

Holtby for the Caps again.

We should just play all injured RHD and maybe even call up another (Diaz?) rather than keep Diesel in the lineup, obviously. Or trade him along with our 2017 1st for whatever this season's flavor of 1-2 year rental who won't help us win shit is. More vets. Less wins. Fuck the future!

Or...

Let's acquire Galchenyuk. Get Slats back in to make the deal for Fast and a 2nd. MB seems kinda confused now. Time to punce. He can help Buch when he comes over. Unless they manage to trade him away too. I'm not even sure I'd be shocked. Pissed, but not shocked.

This team! =/ Pls no blowout vs. Caps.

Top Bottom