• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

imBask

Banned
q8IgEuh.gif

Canadiens since December 1st.

BrianWilde
‏@BWildeCTV BrianWilde Retweeted Dimitri Filipovic
This is pace for 45 points & would be worst NHL season since loser point started. Worst is 2014 52 point Sabres.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see anything to go against my point.

Getting a new coach this year didn't work for them. At this point, it'd take Montreal 2 months to start to get back into things and at that point the season's over anyway.

That's not how it works.

KingBroly

Banned
NICE save

That's not how it works.

What I mean is for them to start to gel in the new system and Price to get back to 100%, even if he comes back right after the ASG. He's going to have to re-acclimate himself to the game. You can't drop a new system onto a team and have it work instantly. It takes time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
NICE save

What I mean is for them to start to gel in the new system and Price to get back to 100%, even if he comes back right after the ASG. He's going to have to re-acclimate himself to the game. You can't drop a new system onto a team and have it work instantly. It takes time.

Sure, but it's not like he has to teach them how to play hockey again.

They were the highest scoring team in the league through the first quarter. I think having a coach who can string together a couple of intelligent sentences would go a long way in boosting their confidence again, which I think is their biggest problem right now.

Mike "we're a grinding team" Therrien can piss off either way.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
#Habs Therrien: "I don't think we're out of solutions, we're doing a lot of good things."
Dude knows the end is near

They were the highest scoring team in the league through the first quarter. I think having a coach who can string together a couple of intelligent sentences would go a long way in boosting their confidence again, which I think is their biggest problem right now.

It would be so easy for some guy to come in as a new coach and look like a genuis, all he has to do is

- Give Subban free reign
- Keep Subban & Beaulieu together
- Keep DD on the third line wing
- Give AGally 18 minutes a night
- Use Eller as a shut down center
- Use an umbrella PP that has Subban at the right point always

boom

KingBroly

Banned

Someone told me last year that the reason they won't fire him is because they can't find another good coach that speaks french. It seems crazy, though.

and...no goal in Detroit? Hmm

E - Oh yeah, DEFINITELY interference. Jumped into him, lol.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Mrazek. Simmonds jumps up and his butt goes into Mrazek's head and the goal is waived off. Oh AND Simmonds gets a penalty?!!? Hahaha this game is nuts.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Someone told me last year that the reason they won't fire him is because they can't find another good coach that speaks french. It seems crazy, though.

and...no goal in Detroit? Hmm

E - Oh yeah, DEFINITELY interference. Jumped into him, lol.

I'm having a hard time thinking of French speaking coaches worse than him, Sylvain Lefebvre maybe.

They should have hired a young, up and coming French coach for their AHL team like they did with Boucher before instead of keeping dumbass Lefebvre.

Oh God, if they promote Lefebvre. Now I don't know what I want, fuck this Earth.

Top Bottom