• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Very quickly looked at cost of living and Toronto seems comparable, however I'm being instructed to find somewhere with easy access to mountains like Denver has. You guys did say Calgary has cable right?

Calgary or Vancouver it is

Good on ramo for that shutout. Good effort from everyone, all lines contributing to the score board

19&21 are you lookin for mountains for snow sports or just general hiking and trails and what not? I'd probably give Calgary the edge for both, with proximity to fernie and banff being the main reasons. Additionally the climate is probably very similar to Denver, if not a bit milder all around. Much smaller city though, less nightlife if that's something that concerns you. Getting away from that altitude is probably going to feel pretty damn wonderful though, I can't stand how dry Denver is, you gotta carry some sort of moisturizer around all damn day to beat it.

Stasis

I didn't try to make it down for a game this time. Didn't factor that into my planning at all.

I actually let my HS account lapse too. Too busy to spend 3 hours on this. It's actually freed up so much time, having all these evenings from 7-10 where I can do a bunch of other shit. I'm good with highlights, or lack thereof in some cases.

The good news is that something will change. They won't let this go on for long in NY. Now whether it's a good change... hopefully! I still love AV, but something ain't right all around.

Chris R

I can't stand how dry Denver is, you gotta carry some sort of moisturizer around all damn day to beat it.

This is the fucking truth. I've gone through like 4 gallons of water already since getting here on Wednesday and my lips are so fucking chapped.

Best part of the Avs game tonight? It only took 15 minutes to get back to the hotel!

Tomb Raider is kinda blowing my mind. Soooooo good.

I finished the campaign and endurance mode, loved the game. Glad there was less combat than the previous game, or at least more non-combat stuff to do. I maintain that the Tomb Raider reboots are better games than Uncharted. Though that might be a bit unfair as I've only played Uncharted 2, but that seems to be the one that people like best.

I missed the game tonight because I was playing Tomb Raider, the game saved me from a shit show I see.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
WHERE DID ALL THESE NEW FRIENDS OF DUBBED COME FROM

WHO OF THEM IS THE FAMOUS FLORIDA MAN

Quick

Banned
WHERE DID ALL THESE NEW FRIENDS OF DUBBED COME FROM

WHO OF THEM IS THE FAMOUS FLORIDA MAN

Imbask made a wrong turn and ended up in the clutches of Panthers-Age.

tumblr_muvu5t2B6c1rpb7ofo1_500.jpg

Stasis

Tomb Raider is kinda blowing my mind. Soooooo good.

Should I try this if I didn't love/finish the first? Is it basically more of the same with a continuing storyline and some evolution or can it stamd-alone with enough differences that I could enjoy it?

I've got a decent backlog atm with more to come but I keep hearing how amazing it is. I did love the Uncharted and Far Cry series, mostly. Feels like this should be my type of game... maybe I didn't give TR enough time.

Fuck walmart.com. Well, fuck Walmart altogether.

Had a $100 gift card to Walmart from Christmas.

Decided to buy seasons 5-8 of Dragonball Z on blu ray to almost complete the collection. Had to order online because they don't have it in stock anymore.

Seasons 5, 7, 8 showed up yesterday just completely broken. The disc holder push in things are crumbled and don't hold the discs so they just float around and got scratched up, two of the three spines of the case are broken so the case is only being held together by the see-through plastic sleeve and the paper cover thing.

Season 6 is supposed to be here tomorrow in its own package, and I'm guessing that one will be just as broken. I don't want to make two trips to Walmart to get my money back, so I'm waiting with these broken ass products sitting here.

What should I get with my money instead?

Should I try this if I didn't love/finish the first? Is it basically more of the same with a continuing storyline and some evolution or can it stamd-alone with enough differences that I could enjoy it?

I've got a decent backlog atm with more to come but I keep hearing how amazing it is. I did love the Uncharted and Far Cry series, mostly. Feels like this should be my type of game... maybe I didn't give TR enough time.

It's a lot of the same. Same exploration, same crafting, same saving, same mechanics. It's just a whole lot tighter. Devs really figured out what they want to do this time around and nailed their tone, pacing, and everything else. That said, I'm not even halfway through the story so maybe I'm wrong.

If you didn't like the first you probably won't like the second.

I just saw Interstellar for the first time.

Wow....

There's something about that ending that gave me goosebumps

Fuck Matt Damon in that movie though

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the campaign and endurance mode, loved the game. Glad there was less combat than the previous game, or at least more non-combat stuff to do. I maintain that the Tomb Raider reboots are better games than Uncharted. Though that might be a bit unfair as I've only played Uncharted 2, but that seems to be the one that people like best.

I missed the game tonight because I was playing Tomb Raider, the game saved me from a shit show I see.

I prefer it to Uncharted as well. There is just more of a game with TR

I just saw Interstellar for the first time.

Wow....

There's something about that ending that gave me goosebumps

Fuck Matt Damon in that movie though

Loved Interstellar, one of my favorite movies.

Samyy

Players have very little control over their career at that young stage anyway, can't really blame one for trying to take control of it a little bit. I don't see how he's not at least in Tampa's top nine forwards.
Not sure what Montreal would even have to trade for Drouin, don't see that happening.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevins not touching Drouin, not for what it would take to get him from a divisional rival anyways.

Hey the U18 WJC is in Grand Forks this year.

That means I can go watch the games.

Which I will.

Probably all the USA games. And maybe others, depending on homework and how much my fiancee minds me being gone for the 11 days the tournament is going.

I can be gaf's private NHL draft scout guy

EDIT: Regarding Drouin, as much as people label him a bust, he is still #8 in points in his draft class. He is 8 points behind Dallas' Nichushkin, in 35 less games. Then there are several defenders who have played more than twice the amount of NHL games as him, and then a handful of forwards.

While he has been a bit of a disappointment, and as much as his lack of NHL time is on him, there is still quite a bit of success in his play so far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Drouin to Nashville is so perfect it's hard to imagine him going anywhere else.

Not surprised Alan Walsh is pulling this, dude is a savage.

Samyy

Didn't realize Tampa was paying Matt Carle and Jason Garrison a combined 10.1 million until the 2018-2019 season, yikes.

Cake Boss

Banned
Something something within the division.

Something something Ben Bishop.

Lazar+Ceci pls.

Didn't someone post a stat the other day showing that Drouin is leading the team in points per 60?

Didn't we trade for a former #3 overall who was disgruntled with his team? Oh yeah #1CENNNNNNNETTTTTERRRR KYLLLEEE TURRRIIISSSS.

Can't wait for #111 WINNNNGGGERRR JONATHAN DROUUUINNNN

Top Bottom