• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
A date from a year a half ago regarding a traumatizing event could be easily mistaken. Using that as evidence of it not happen is rather shaky.

zroid

Banned
Not saying the story is credible, because I don't know, but consider that if you were going to go to such lengths to fabricate a detailed account, then maybe you'd try to get all the dates and such to align correctly.

On the other hand, if it's actually someone who's been traumatized and is trying to recount this story in gory detail, it's entirely plausible some of those details which aren't directly related to the incident itself might be misremembered.

iLLmAtlc

A date from a year a half ago regarding a traumatizing event could be easily mistaken. Using that as evidence of it not happen is rather shaky.

I kinda disagree. The exact date may be difficult but the claim specifically said it happened after the Hawks and Kings game. I feel like someone is extremely unlikely to forget a detail like that.

Re Babcock - Just heard the rest of the 'can't score' comment. Much less brutal than what the TSN reporter tweeted. He basically said they're battlers and grinders, not out-right scorers.

Re EHM Habs Odyssey - Pacioretty refused to sign an extension and kept getting injured, so I traded him to San Jose for some NHL-ready prospects and a 2nd Round pick, despite the fact that he was the one player the board considered a valuable member of the team. The board and fans freak out, again, and now Pacioretty is a player the board feels would be a valuable addition to the roster.

Re Babcock - Just heard the rest of the 'can't score' comment. Much less brutal than what the TSN reporter tweeted. He basically said they're battlers and grinders, not out-right scorers.

Re EHM Habs Odyssey - Pacioretty refused to sign an extension and kept getting injured, so I traded him to San Jose for some NHL-ready prospects and a 2nd Round pick, despite the fact that he was the one player the board considered a valuable member of the team. The board and fans freak out, again, and now Pacioretty is a player the board feels would be a valuable addition to the roster.

Is this inaccurate?

I kinda disagree. The exact date may be difficult but the claim specifically said it happened after the Hawks and Kings game. I feel like someone is extremely unlikely to forget a detail like that.

The Blackhawks played in Anaheim the previous day, but that was a 3pm game. The Kings did not play. Unless she meant to say she went to watch the Ducks vs Hawks game in the afternoon, and Kane happened to show up in the early evening, the chronology doesn't work.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The Blackhawks played in Anaheim the previous day, but that was a 3pm game. The Kings did not play. Unless she meant to say she went to watch the Ducks vs Hawks game in the afternoon, and Kane happened to show up in the early evening, the chronology doesn't work.

I kind of doubt that Kane played a game against the Ducks, raped someone in the evening after drinking and then played against the Kings the next day.

I mean, it WAS in LA, but still.

Not at all, but the statement was framed as if Babcock was dropping on a deuce on his players.

I don't know, it's like the old saying, when life gives you lemons... I don't know or care enough about the roster, but the only offensive player they have, in my eyes is Kadri, thinking about the names I know in the roster, I gotta wonder...how did this happen?

I assume the prospect pool is decent to above average and they are waiting for some contracts to expire to clear up some cap space, because those big contracts aren't going anywhere.

Then again, even with scouting where it is now, no player is a sure bet. Gaudreau for example, no one had any expectations or expected him to exceed in the league, sometimes it just takes luck as well.

9GrUihP.png

goddamn lol

:')

BabStrats for coaching?

OK this is not as scathing or as fun.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I kind of doubt that Kane played a game against the Ducks, raped someone in the evening after drinking and then played against the Kings the next day.

I mean, it WAS in LA, but still.

It's also pretty fishy that the story requires an empty ladies room at or near closing time at a nice downtown LA bar.

imBask

Banned
Apparently, Galchenyuk had a fight with his crazy gf in a bar last night and Subban had to stop them

This fucboi needs to dump her

Apparently, Galchenyuk had a fight with his crazy gf in a bar last night and Subban had to stop them

In the sixteen years that my wife and I have been together we've yelled at each other maybe twice. I can't understand being in these types of relationships.

imBask

Banned
In the sixteen years that my wife and I have been together we've yelled at each other maybe twice. I can't understand being in these types of relationships.

you both have the "reasonable people" disease, I also live with that thing :'( it's hard man... Sometimes she's like "we can't see each other tonight because I've got too much work" and I tell her "okay"

man I wish could yell at her like a normal person would

Solo

To be fair, AGally is 21. I was a fucking idiot at 21 too. And I'm just a normal guy. I can only imagine what 21 is like for an NHL player in Montreal.

yyzjohn

Banned
To be fair, AGally is 21. I was a fucking idiot at 21 too. And I'm just a normal guy. I can only imagine what 21 is like for an NHL player in Montreal.

Any pro athlete for that matter. Once they start getting more money then they ever imagined before, shit can go crazy real fast.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Where are you seeing this?

Dude probably has his pick of some of the hottest girls in Montreal and he picks crazy
Hes fucking stupid
You don't usually find out they're crazy until it's too late.

cube444

Galchenyuk is Seguin ver. 2.0 minus his high end talent. Habs will trade him for sure at some point as he needs a change of scenery to wake up.

Curious as to what they'll get back.

you both have the "reasonable people" disease, I also live with that thing :'( it's hard man... Sometimes she's like "we can't see each other tonight because I've got too much work" and I tell her "okay"

man I wish could yell at her like a normal person would

Life is rough, but it's a cross we need to bear.

Thats way beter than Schuey. His wife beats him routinely. Poor old man. :(

Some people pay good money for that sort of thing. Who am I to judge?

Top Bottom