• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Socreges

Banned
9GrUihP.png

goddamn lol
Brutal. The shit a dude with a massive, no expectations attached contract says

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doing TV analyst for the Kings must be the greatest job on earth. You get to live in LA, watch hockey and can talk all the shit you want because nobody will know any different.

Quick

Banned
I've been to too many ramen places to realize that "quality" is almost just a word at this point. Ramen is basic enough in terms of how they're all made (with some varying degree of saltiness), but what makes a place unique is selection and side dishes.

Most places already have about the same selection, but there are places that let you build your own - I like Kinton Ramen in Toronto for this. But I can just as easily enjoy places that don't do this, and there are plenty that are pretty cheap.

Tabris

Nah broth matters. So do the noodles, especially the handmade stuff. But still garbage tier.

To be fair though, I'm not a fan of hot liquids.

Quick

Banned
Shhh. Let him be he doesn't know any better.

Anyway Pho >>>>> Ramen. Fight me if you disagree.

Oof. I don't eat ramen too often, but pho is so damn tasty. I won't get into a debate, since I enjoy both.

I just wish they offered ramen in larger bowls like pho.

They are both garbage. Soup should only be an intro course.

You're putting soup in too broad a category. Something like chicken noodle or cream of broccoli are certainly something to start with. Servings are small, and the solid contents are diced into small pieces.

Something like pho or ramen are meant to be big meals because of how packed each is with toppings and content in general.

I think pho is pretty tasty. Good ramen is bomb too. I know what I'm getting tomorrow

I'm Vietnamese though.

Yeah, I might hit up my local Vietnamese place for some pho. I had some yesterday, but this soup talk got me hungry for some.

I had hip Vietnamese food for lunch the other day and wasn't too impressed. Gotta go with the mom and pop shops.

pho-recipe-4.jpg

SirbaT is right about broth being key. I also like to have a good selection of beef, get some flank, brisket, etc.

Quick

Banned
Nah broth matters. So do the noodles, especially the handmade stuff. But still garbage tier.

To be fair though, I'm not a fan of hot liquids.

Broth matters, but across the board from the many places I've been to in Toronto and Asia, they're almost identical.

Pho is about the same. Almost every Vietnamese joint I've been to follows the same recipe, but the difference is the varying degrees of oiliness of the soup and how much content they offer - amount of beef, what type of noodles.

The spring rolls are what makes or breaks a place for me. The place I went to yesterday had terrible spring rolls.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pho and Ramen are awesome. Love both.

also has anyone seen the movie Amadeus? it is incredible! I have never seen it before tonight!

1) Agreed.

2) ... the Mozart movie? With Salieri? seen it countless times back in elementary&high school :lol

Quick

Banned
I had hip Vietnamese food for lunch the other day and wasn't too impressed. Gotta go with the mom and pop shops.

pho-recipe-4.jpg

SirbaT is right about broth being key. I also like to have a good selection of beef, get some flank, brisket, etc.

I go basic rare beef, but I do also enjoy pretty much a meat bowl - rare beef, flank, throw in some tripe and beef balls.

Then get some sriracha in there too.

I don't fuck with the hoisin or fish sauce tho.

I go basic rare beef, but I do also enjoy pretty much a meat bowl - rare beef, flank, throw in some tripe and beef balls.

Then get some sriracha in there too.

I don't fuck with the hoisin or fish sauce tho.

I usually put in a lime and a jalapeño slice and a bit of hoisin sauce and sriracha. Everyone is different though, that's part of the fun you can make adjustments to your liking to make it sweeter, spicier, savory, salty, etc.

Never used fish sauce with pho.

Top Bottom