• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

yas pens

Crosby has been looking like his old self again too the past few times I watched them

GroundedAllFennecfox.gif

Revenant

Playoff threads here are delicious, I can't help but be drawn to them every year. I thought I was full of Salt at one point, but our playoff threads seem to be on a continual upward trend to mutually assured destruction. bless this mess.

Marvie_3

Banned
I just like the Canucks jerseys for the most part. Remind me of the Whalers. And originally being from CT it brings me back to a simpler time.
when I was 4

Johnny gaudreau just pisses me off. same with Ferland for some reason. I love the city of Calgary though, well mainly the surrounding area, Banff and such
If they got rid of the stupid orca and the lettering they'd be really nice. They need to just use the damn stick/rink logo and be done with it before they change the whole thing to yet another abomination of a jersey.

more or less of a gongshow than Bryz-Fleury that was about to break playoff goalscoring records from the 60's? :D
That was an amazing series. :lol

Playoff threads here are delicious, I can't help but be drawn to them every year. I thought I was full of Salt at one point, but our playoff threads seem to be on a continual upward trend to mutually assured destruction. bless this mess.

I don't think Leafs-age has fully recovered from that Bruins series yet. It was pretty brutal.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How nervous were you when the Canucks faced the Blackhawks in 2011?

let's just say I'll never forget Burrows slaying the dragon

but yes, the short-handed Toews goal in game 7 with two minutes to go... I will also not forget that.

oh god I was sweating bullets.

oh god I'm re-reading the Canucks-Flames salt after the brawl-fest that was game 2

U3orml6.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028134&highlight=cowtown&page=36

good lord some quality quotes in there LOL

Terror:

"Yeah I don't know where the salt is from us when we're just defending an entire province from some classless thugs on the Internet."

"Of course it's meant to be tongue in cheek, however the bourgeois attitude of Vancouverites is absolutely disgusting and off putting. "

And yoda's generalized salt:

"Bitch ass Canucks."
"I do and you are full of shit. Probably just bitter you had to leave that shit stain up north and move to a proper city."
"Vancouver is Chinatown. Calgary is the wealthy part."
"alf the damn province of BC live in Alberta. No jobs there."

And the all-time yoda classic:

Find enough cash to afford cable yet?

:lol

Socreges

Banned
yoda was always such a shithead
then he made the Chinatown comment
and then he came out as a Harper supporter

He's normally good for an angsty snipe every so often but only when the Flames dip their heads above .500

Edit - Rev where's my Zombie Dust!

Revenant

Pretty sure if we had rented out a barn for them to actually fight in, a few would have made that trip.

The ol' Brian Burke Barnyard Brawl idea eh?

Edit - Rev where's my Zombie Dust!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...14,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xa1414bc9159922a8

Somewhere there.

Honestly though, any time I've passed by there it has either not been their or out of stock. Some of their other stuff is easier to find around Chicago which was a pain a few years ago but Zombie Dust is still MIA, though I have seen it on tap a little more often over the past year or so around here. I can let you know if I ever make another run at it though. Probably been about a year since I've been to the brewery proper but I may be heading by there in the spring.

Socreges

Banned
Drouin shit

Apparently when the Canucks asked about Drouin, Yzerman asked for Horvat in return
Would have taken that trade in a heartbeat a few weeks ago. But Drouin seems like such a problem child while Horvat has all the pieces to be a future captain (assuming his production continues to go up).

Rev, I actually think I might get a contract in Chicago this spring - small chance, but it would mean I could

Barney.jpg

Horvat has seemed to improve a good amount this season. On pace to easily get more points than last season. I think the Nucks would have been crazy to accept it. Seems like it would be the cleanest trade though if it happened.

Socreges

Banned
Horvat has seemed to improve a good amount this season. On pace to easily get more points than last season. I think the Nucks would have been crazy to accept it. Seems like it would be the cleanest trade though if it happened.
He had 2G,8A in the first 39GP this season.

Recently... 6G,5A in 9GP.

He'll slow down. But at least he can contribute in other ways.

That's a joke. Horvat's putting up some points now.

Drouin for some pick, he's an AHL guy.

Drouin isn't a career AHLer by any means. He was the third overall pick for a reason and is still 20. He has some serious fucking upside. There is a reason why so many teams are so interested in him.

He had 2G,8A in the first 39GP this season.

Recently... 6G,5A in 9GP.

He'll slow down. But at least he can contribute in other ways.

Hmm didn't know that but at least my point still stands about him getting more points than last season which if his production continues obviously not at that pace then things will continue to get better.

Socreges

Banned
Drouin isn't a career AHLer by any means. He was the third overall pick for a reason and is still 20. He has some serious fucking upside. There is a reason why so many teams are so interested in him.
I believe he was kidding

And wasn't disagreeing about Horvat. Just giving some context to his success.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
You missed After Hours, you're new.

:p

Everyone that was here for After Hours has a.. special bond... we've seen things that cannot be unseen.

I was lurking during After Hours. Does that count?

That truly was a spectacle. I didn't even think it'd get THAT bad but... wow :D

i still think anyone should revisit the last 10 minutes of Leafs-Bruins game 7 in this thread every once in a while

edit: start here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549208&page=195

:'(

I was lurking and following along during this game. Probably for the best.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I despise teams that tank on purpose, or ones that use that as an excuse for being utter garbage in some attempt to justify their pathetic play.(Leafs). I'm fine with the Jets always playing to win and have some pride. The picks that we've gotten, around 8th-15th have been solid anyway. (Scheifele, Trouba, Petan, Ehlers, Hellebuyck as examples.) I really don't want to have the mindset of looking to high draft picks, because I think more often than not, they don't pan out as most expect. They can be solid or real good additions to teams, but to me, drafting is a gamble in any way. Remember, some of the best players of all time were drafted super late, like Niklas Lindstrom, as an example.

Last time I saw the Flyers play was with the original Jets. Back in 94. Paid 54 bucks for an almost ice level ticket in the old arena. I guess I would have seem Lindros and Brindamour play back then. But it's been so long, I don't even remember the result.

Queso's good in my book. If they had more fans like him down south, the team wouldn't be in danger of relocating seemingly endlessly.

Hmm... Beer #3. Still cheaper than at Jets games.

The Jets have 3pts more than the Leafs with 2 more games played...

Sure says something that my shitty team that's tanking on purpose seems to be on the same level as this prideful Jets team.

Such an honour.

That's not a deal the Sens should make.

Chabot is gonna be Karlsson's 1st line Dman Partner

He's a definite replacement for Methot

Yzerman has fucking lost it

Yup. I think Yzerman needs to make a deal sooner than later or else Drouin's value will continue to drop. I don't think it has dropped that much but Yzerman's trading partners are dwindling since apparently the Ducks and the Blues are backing off now, and I am quite sure we have no interest at this point.

I feel like it is pretty much the Habs or maybe the Wild at this point. Granted he only needs one team to trade with but still it feels like Drouin's value is really starting to drop.

Drouin's value should drop drastically by the trade deadline if he's not traded by then.

Totally agree.

Then Yzerman will be kicking himself for not trading Drouin at that time. It seems like there have been some pretty great rumored packages which he should have pulled the trigger on. Obviously we don't know if they were correct or true but they mades sense for the most part.

Top Bottom