• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

I've sadly got a high tolerance for booze. At my staff party a few weeks ago, I had 20 drinks and didin't even feel it. (I had a headache in the morning, but that was pretty much it.) Best not to let alcohol control you though. Just enjoy in moderation and know when to stop.

Canada has French as it's second language, and I believe that outside of Quebec, Manitoba has the largest french-speaking population in the country. It's handy for me at work sometimes when I need to translate for people.

The Jets have been mediocre so far this year. They've regressed and there is massive clouds over Ladd and Byfuglien as to whether or not they will be here past the deadline. I've not gone to too many games this year, since work had been slow, and I'm not really inclined to spend 140 bucks, especially after I am beat from work and have like... 2 hours to get to the game, and then have to work in the am again. Would sooner stay home or go out and watch it with friends at a pub. Don't think I'll pass my record of 23 games like I did last year. They have yet to win three games in a row this year, I believe, so... Not gonna get anywhere in the NHL with those stats. For the record, I'd sooner they keep Byfuglien than Ladd. I'd prefer they keep both, but that's probably not possible. Kane... He never wanted to be here, and he attracted so much unwanted drama, I'm very pleased with that trade from last year. We're better off without him. He hasn't lived up to his mouth, but I still think he could be an elite player one day once he grows up. Myers, Stafford and Armia, Not to mention Jack Raslovic (Draft pick we got from them) and even more exciting to me, Brendan Lemieux, more than make up for anything that Kane has done so far. Miss Bogosian though. He was a solid defenceman.

I've been a fan of hockey ever since I was a kid with the original Jets. I'm glad that they're appreciated by some fans down south (CosmicQueso) so it lessens the sting of losing them.

Ah I see. Just looked at the standings so you have a good shot at Matthews, Laine or Puljujarvi, any of them could easily play next year. So you have that going for you! :lol

Getting rid of Kane seems like it would be great for you but I am not sure exactly who would take him.

And yeah Queso has the Yotes. AROOOOO

And there was a time, where late at night, after some sort of vaguely defined hour, that things got reeeeeeeeeeeeeal weird here.

now it's just weird because I don't recognize half the posters i've seen here the past few days

I haven't seen you before like yesterday I think. But I am new here I guess by most of these guys standards since I started posting here back right before the season started.

I now post way too much in here.

Marvie_3

Banned
I haven't seen you before like yesterday I think. But I am new here I guess by most of these guys standards since I started posting here back right before the season started.

Rev is a grizzled veteran of Hawks-age. He and I are among the few that survived the nightmares of the ABC line, Huet, and Bill Wirtz.

Revenant

Those nights were fun though because each new post brought a new form of horror.....especially the banners.

Don't feel bad. I'm in here a lot and even I don't recognize half of the people in here.

I remember coming back from nights out to that thread, out of my mind, and reading that I assumed I had warped into a "Jacob's Ladder" Scenario. If there is one thing I can say about the machinations of Desi's mind, they could certainly leave an impression.

Rev is a grizzled veteran of Hawks-age. He and I are among the few that survived the nightmares of the ABC line, Huet, and Bill Wirtz.

SALTHAWKS 4 LYFE

I was also inspiration for the oscar nominated feature film(12 to be exact) "The Revenant" starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy, In Theaters Now! That's the only reason I'm back, to SHILL SHILL SHILL!

actually though go see The Revenant

Pikma

Banned
I will never understand what the point of shooting from the point on a 4on3 PP is, especially when there's no screen.

Erdrick

Ah I see. Just looked at the standings so you have a good shot at Matthews, Laine or Puljujarvi, any of them could easily play next year. So you have that going for you! :lol

Getting rid of Kane seems like it would be great for you but I am not sure exactly who would take him.

And yeah Queso has the Yotes. AROOOOO

I despise teams that tank on purpose, or ones that use that as an excuse for being utter garbage in some attempt to justify their pathetic play.(Leafs). I'm fine with the Jets always playing to win and have some pride. The picks that we've gotten, around 8th-15th have been solid anyway. (Scheifele, Trouba, Petan, Ehlers, Hellebuyck as examples.) I really don't want to have the mindset of looking to high draft picks, because I think more often than not, they don't pan out as most expect. They can be solid or real good additions to teams, but to me, drafting is a gamble in any way. Remember, some of the best players of all time were drafted super late, like Niklas Lindstrom, as an example.

Last time I saw the Flyers play was with the original Jets. Back in 94. Paid 54 bucks for an almost ice level ticket in the old arena. I guess I would have seem Lindros and Brindamour play back then. But it's been so long, I don't even remember the result.

Queso's good in my book. If they had more fans like him down south, the team wouldn't be in danger of relocating seemingly endlessly.

Hmm... Beer #3. Still cheaper than at Jets games.

I despise teams that tank on purpose, or ones that use that as an excuse for being utter garbage in some attempt to justify their pathetic play.(Leafs). I'm fine with the Jets always playing to win and have some pride. The picks that we've gotten, around 8th-15th have been solid anyway. (Scheifele, Trouba, Petan, Ehlers, Hellebuyck as examples.) I really don't want to have the mindset of looking to high draft picks, because I think more often than not, they don't pan out as most expect. They can be solid or real good additions to teams, but to me, drafting is a gamble in any way. Remember, some of the best players of all time were drafted super late, like Niklas Lindstrom, as an example.

Last time I saw the Flyers play was with the original Jets. Back in 94. Paid 54 bucks for an almost ice level ticket in the old arena. I guess I would have seem Lindros and Brindamour play back then. But it's been so long, I don't even remember the result.

Queso's good in my book. If they had more fans like him down south, the team wouldn't be in danger of relocating seemingly endlessly.

I don't see the Flyers ever actively tanking but it we will start falling down the standings again I think. Then they will get my hopes up by winning a few then shatter them :lol as long as we beat the Pens I am good though.

I am not saying the Jets are actively tanking put the product on the ice currently has put the team in a position at this point to grab one of those three.

Marvie_3

Banned

This is why I drink before the games. Fuck you Barclays Center, I'm not paying $12.50 for a shitty beer.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You missed After Hours, you're new.

:p

Everyone that was here for After Hours has a.. special bond... we've seen things that cannot be unseen.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thanks Avs. You're not worthless after all. I always enjoy watching the Blues choke.

You missed After Hours, you're new.

:p

Everyone that was here for After Hours has a.. special bond... we've seen things that cannot be unseen.

This is not an exaggeration either. :lol

39phEUjl.jpg

Erdrick

I don't see the Flyers ever actively tanking but it we will start falling down the standings again I think. Then they will get my hopes up by winning a few then shatter them :lol as long as we beat the Pens I am good though.

I am not saying the Jets are actively tanking put the product on the ice currently has put the team in a position at this point to grab one of those three.

Oh for sure. I understand what you meant. I mean, if we got some of those players, he'll, I'd be happy but I want them to focus on the more near future than prospects. But who knows? We'll see how the season pans out for the remainder.

I take it, you hate the Pens? I enjoy some good hatred vs some teams once in a while, myself as I'm sure you've noticed from time to time. It's good to be passionate about things that you love.

Oh for sure. I understand what you meant. I mean, if we got some of those players, he'll, I'd be happy but I want them to focus on the more near future than prospects. But who knows? We'll see how the season pans out for the remainder.

I take it, you hate the Pens? I enjoy some good hatred vs some teams once in a while, myself as I'm sure you've noticed from time to time. It's good to be passionate about things that you love.

Well I feel like any of those 3 guys could help a team immediately.

Yeah I do. Quite a bit. it is unhealthy. I was late to the game last night so I didn't let the salt flow at all last night. It will probably happen this season and it won't be pretty :lol I wish there were more active Pens fans to talk shit to. There is only ShadowSoldier mainly and I actually like him even if he is a dirty Pens fan. I guess I shove most of my salt on reddit.

Erdrick

This is why I drink before the games. Fuck you Barclays Center, I'm not paying $12.50 for a shitty beer.

Holy hell, that's more than the 9$ swill at Jets games. I used to work around the MTS Centre, so I park for free and get cheap drinks before and after the games. Rare is it that I buy anything at the actual games. Don't like Bud or Bud Light? Basically fucked then. They've got some others but it's primarily that. Disgusting. Better to have some killer Ceasers or good beer before and after, depending on the game results.

that one is pretty good, the gif ones are all entertaining. The gif with Vince Mcmahon's reaction faces cut in may be my favorite, but that's mostly because those facial expressions are amazing. Wrestling is dumb carny shit, but there was a time when it was amazingly fun dumb carny shit.

Vince McMahon gifs are just gold anyway but that gif is probably the cream of the crop. :lol

Erdrick

Well I feel like any of those 3 guys could help a team immediately.

Yeah I do. Quite a bit. it is unhealthy. I was late to the game last night so I didn't let the salt flow at all last night. It will probably happen this season and it won't be pretty :lol I wish there were more active Pens fans to talk shit to. There is only ShadowSoldier mainly and I actually like him even if he is a dirty Pens fan. I guess I shove most of my salt on reddit.

So you understand how I feel about the Leafs then. =)

Marvie_3

Banned
Holy hell, that's more than the 9$ swill at Jets games. I used to work around the MTS Centre, so I park for free and get cheap drinks before and after the games. Rare is it that I buy anything at the actual games. Don't like Bud or Bud Light? Basically fucked then. They've got some others but it's primarily that. Disgusting. Better to have some killer Ceasers or good beer before and after, depending on the game results.

Yeah it's stupid. It doesn't take that long for me to get to Barclays so if I want, I can just have a few drinks at home, or since I have rinkside parking so I can just hide alcohol in my glove compartment.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yup :lol I actually despise a good amount of the league but I like the users here in NHLgaf so the salt stays much more subdued here.

Just wait until the Flames and Canucks meet in the playoffs again.
lol
Cable War I was horrific. Cable War II is only going to be worse. Though maybe if we all work together, we can stop the Shawzi regime before it gets too out of control.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol
Cable War I was horrific. Cable War II is only going to be worse. Though maybe if we all work together, we can stop the Shawzi regime before it gets too out of control.

That truly was a spectacle. I didn't even think it'd get THAT bad but... wow :D

i still think anyone should revisit the last 10 minutes of Leafs-Bruins game 7 in this thread every once in a while

edit: start here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549208&page=195

lol

Yeah I actually like the Nucks but I can't stand the Flames.

Erdrick

Yeah it's stupid. It doesn't take that long for me to get to Barclays so if I want, I can just have a few drinks at home, or since I have rinkside parking so I can just hide alcohol in my glove compartment.

Ah yes, your car. It's pretty famous. Lol

Fuck the Canucks. I don't really care about the Flames....although they have Bollig so fuck them too.

I just like the Canucks jerseys for the most part. Remind me of the Whalers. And originally being from CT it brings me back to a simpler time.
when I was 4

Johnny gaudreau just pisses me off. same with Ferland for some reason. I love the city of Calgary though, well mainly the surrounding area, Banff and such

Top Bottom