• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Cake Boss

Banned
The Jets have 3pts more than the Leafs with 2 more games played...

Sure says something that my shitty team that's tanking on purpose seems to be on the same level as this prideful Jets team.

Such an honour.

Kave with early weekend ether. Sets this weekend on the right note.

Silexx

That's not a deal the Sens should make.

Chabot is gonna be Karlsson's 1st line Dman Partner

He's a definite replacement for Methot

Yzerman has fucking lost it

Wait, you mean the Lightning weren't just asking for Ceci straight up? Bu..but Lebrun would have said so!

<3 Cakey

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers Jaromir Jagr really doesn't want to go to AllStarGame...says team has 30 important games left, he needs to be ready. Stay tuned

Good. He has looked tired lately. They should send Barkov in his place.

KingBroly

Banned
Totally agree.

Then Yzerman will be kicking himself for not trading Drouin at that time. It seems like there have been some pretty great rumored packages which he should have pulled the trigger on. Obviously we don't know if they were correct or true but they mades sense for the most part.

From what it sounds like he's wanting more than what teams are willing to trade for him, which is why he hasn't been traded already.

From what it sounds like he's wanting more than what teams are willing to trade for him, which is why he hasn't been traded already.

Yeah because he was asking for a NHL defenseman (assumed a top 4) and an A rated prospect.

But with teams growing seemingly more and more uninterested, he is already past the peak time to trade Drouin unless someone makes a panic deal at the trade deadline.

Sure says something that my shitty team that's tanking on purpose seems to be on the same level as this prideful Jets team.

Such an honour.

We shouldn't pick on him. Really he's pretty much where we were at five years ago, thinking there was some value in the annual drive for 9th.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait, you mean the Lightning weren't just asking for Ceci straight up? Bu..but Lebrun would have said so!

<3 Cakey

Motherfucker you understand that multiple offers can be made right? Garrioch also said that Tampa asked for a roster player (Ceci) and a pick. Ottawa refused.

the Senators want to acquire Drouin the asking price by Tampa GM Steve Yzerman would be two top prospects — including 2015 No. 1 pick defenceman Thomas Chabot

Last time I checked Ceci isn't a prospect and is a roster player.

We can't even tank right :(

You can't tank right and play right at the same time. I'm tired of watching this team tank.

For real, this has been my favorite season of watching the Leafs. Absolutely no pressure, if we win a game great! If not, no biggie. The teams been actually playing hard, and rarely getting blown out. As far as lost seasons go, I'm getting all the enjoyment out of this one I can.

zroid

Banned
You can't tank right and play right at the same time. I'm tired of watching this team tank.

For real, this has been my favorite season of watching the Leafs. Absolutely no pressure, if we win a game great! If not, no biggie. The teams been actually playing hard, and rarely getting blown out. As far as lost seasons go, I'm getting all the enjoyment out of this one I can.

I kind of agree, lol

also I feel pretty confident that the trade deadline purge will facilitate tanking even if they aren't as low in the standings as they could be right now. although JVR being out for a couple months is speeding that process.

I'm very much feeling the same way. When I'm actually to catch a game, I usually enjoy it regardless of whether it's a win or loss.

Of course, it's much easier for me to feel this way knowing that there's actually skill being drafted and developed by the org now.

I kind of agree, lol

also I feel pretty confident that the trade deadline purge will facilitate tanking even if they aren't as low in the standings as they could be right now. although JVR being out for a couple months is speeding that process.

Man, I'm going to be sad if we trade Komorov away, but if it must be done, it must be done. The tank will take care of itself, in the meantime it's just great to see accountability in Toronto. If nothing else, it's nice to see them cycle the puck like champs.

I'm very much feeling the same way. When I'm actually to catch a game, I usually enjoy it regardless of whether it's a win or loss.

Of course, it's much easier for me to feel this way knowing that there's actually skill being drafted and developed by the org now.

Absolutely, and when that skill gets there you want them getting plugged into a system, not the rudderless mess we've had before.

Yawnier

Banned
Polak needs to go
Hunwick needs to go
Grabner needs to go
Matthias needs to go
Boyes needs to go

Everyone needs to go. Fire Sale!!!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
Alex Chiasson needs to go
Chris Neil needs to go
Jared Cowen needs to go
Mark Boroweiscki needs to go
Milan Michalek needs to go
Lazar need to go to the AHL
Patrick Weircioch needs to go
Cody Ceci needs to go for a proper upgrade on the 2nd pair.

Give me

Hoffman- Turris - Stone
MacArthur (dead lol) - Zibby- Ryan
Prince- Pageau- Puempel (the penis line)
Schneider- Smith- Lindberg

Top 2 guy - Karlsson
Methot- top 4 guy
Cleasson- Wideman

Starting goalie under 35 years old pls.
New management group and a new coaching staff.

My wish list, will never happen tho ;_;

One thing is for sure. Melnyk is most definitely not selling until he gets his cut of the expansion fees for Vegas and Quebec.

I hope he sells. Nothing will change otherwise.

More interesting to follow the lebreton bidding process than the flaming train wreck of a team.

Hoffman- Turris - Stone
MacArthur (dead lol) - Zibby- Ryan
Prince- Pageau- Puempel (the penis line)
Schneider- Smith- Lindberg

Top 2 guy - Karlsson
Methot- top 4 guy
Cleasson- Wideman

Starting goalie under 35 years old pls.
New management group and a new coaching staff.

My wish list, will never happen tho ;_;

Most of that would happen if we had a competent GM

One thing is for sure. Melnyk is most definitely not selling until he gets his cut of the expansion fees for Vegas and Quebec.

I can't imagine that being an actual sticking point in a deal. Either the buyer would pay Melnyk upfront for that fee, or negotiate a deal such that should that expansion happen within x amount of time party a is entitled to yadda yadda yadda...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going to miss the game tonight, so naturally the Habs will win in convincing fashion.

Bergevin personally addressed the team the other day, so how they come out tonight should say a lot about this team.

I can't imagine that being an actual sticking point in a deal. Either the buyer would pay Melnyk upfront for that fee, or negotiate a deal such that should that expansion happen within x amount of time party a is entitled to yadda yadda yadda...

giphy.gif

yyzjohn

Banned

Such an honour.

Lol, again with this Jets fan, his team is absolute garbage with no plan in sight, but the Leafs are actually trying to build towards something. The Jets actually believe they're a playoff team right now, but as you point out their record is marginally better than the tanking Leafs. Unreal.

I was wondering what happened to Mackowycz too. Best hair in radio.

Lol, again with this Jets fan, his team is absolute garbage with no plan in sight, but the Leafs are actually trying to build towards something. The Jets actually believe they're a playoff team right now, but as you point out their record is marginally better than the tanking Leafs. Unreal.

2019 Stanley Cup Champions Winnipeg Jets you mean?

They've got players in the pipeline that are so good you've never even heard of them.

Quick

Banned
Receptionist at work took the day off, so she had a replacement.

Started talking to the replacement and she's pretty cool, then we talk about school.

Her: "Yeah, I'm graduating this year."

Me: "Cool, where do you go?"

Her: "[Name of high school]"

giphy5.gif

zroid

Banned

Started talking to the replacement and she's pretty cool, then we talk about school.

giphy5.gif

image.php

Either he sells or negotiates a darn good lease if he loses the bid. But I think he's too arrogant to have his team play in someone else's building.

Their bid needs no public funding. I'm wondering about Melnyk's bid. I really doubt he can afford a new arena.

giphy5.gif

You're on a list now Quick.

Cake Boss

Banned
The NCC is probably going to go with the bid that requires no public funding and has 2 billionaires backing it. He's gonna throw a hissy fit and take his ball and go home then he will realise that the dollar is weak, the team ain't performing well, they are losing season ticket holders, and the pressure points will come into affect, the fans will start pressuring him, the city and the public will, then the sponsorsering companies, then the league will finally pressure him to sell it. The league is probably really tired of him and his antics too, he's always crying poor to the league, asking them for funds to put up a proper scoreboard in the arena where they had to step in and help him out, also there was report how the league had to step in and pay for the clubs equipment and shit a couple of years ago.

Thanks for saving the franchise but it has paid you back more ways than none, financially and also saved your life last year, thanks but time to go homie. Step aside

Yawnier

Banned

giphy5.gif
Between this and searching Marie Rose on Google images, you're definitely on a watch list now Quick. Damn

Top Bottom